onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another week passes.

PortVale4Life

MA will be back from holiday this week and his first call will be to Phil Sproson asking who has he got left on his books.We have a limited budget and players like Lines and Dickinson have been re-signed on good money.Meanwhile any young players at the club have opted to leave. We will end up with a couple of 30 year olds and trialists. Hugill and Knott should have been signed much earlier. Between them Smurf and Adams are taking us nowhere fast.And you wonder why we have not sold anywhere near 4000 season tickets!

My you really are grumpy

Advert

MA will be back from holiday this week and his first call will be to Phil Sproson asking who has he got left on his books.We have a limited budget and players like Lines and Dickinson have been re-signed on good money.Meanwhile any young players at the club have opted to leave. We will end up with a couple of 30 year olds and trialists. Hugill and Knott should have been signed much earlier. Between them Smurf and Adams are taking us nowhere fast.And you wonder why we have not sold anywhere near 4000 season tickets!

Well summed up..................

Oh dear, not a good day for you? :)

sorry to disappoint those who think I have 2 ids on here I have not and don't no anyone who posts on here I just tell the truth of what I see. SINKING SHIP no signings (sorry 1) not a matter of not trying NO ONE WANTS TO COME TO PORT VALE THE WORD SOON GETS ROUND by agents and players to what a mess we are in .NO money poor season ticket sales talk of looking at trialists only a manager others not signed up .You look at other clubs smaller lower gates and still can outbid us. All the talk about play offs from the chairman really more like relegation .as regards the physios we are been laughed at the only club in foodball league but it ok the chairman says THE CLUB DOCTOR CAN DO IT .HES HAPPY HE IS GETTING IS MONEY BACK ALL THE WAGES HE IS SAVING

sorry to disappoint those who think I have 2 ids on here I have not and don't no anyone who posts on here I just tell the truth of what I see. SINKING SHIP no signings (sorry 1) not a matter of not trying NO ONE WANTS TO COME TO PORT VALE THE WORD SOON GETS ROUND by agents and players to what a mess we are in .NO money poor season ticket sales talk of looking at trialists only a manager others not signed up .You look at other clubs smaller lower gates and still can outbid us. All the talk about play offs from the chairman really more like relegation .as regards the physios we are been laughed at the only club in foodball league but it ok the chairman says THE CLUB DOCTOR CAN DO IT .HES HAPPY HE IS GETTING IS MONEY BACK ALL THE WAGES HE IS SAVING

I don't think you have 2 ID's, I think you have more! ;)

Oh and can you stop shouting, we get the fact you feel the club is doomed, block capitals don't make it any clearer :)

Even Stevenage, who were relegated appear to be in the process of assembling a better squad. They have made what appear to be three cracking signings, including Calvin Zola. Meanwhile we get some duff defender to join an existing duff defence.

Who is this duff defender we have signed?? nothing like giving players we haven't seen in a Vale shirt a chance though.

I expect plenty of activity during this coming week as Adams tries to get people in before training starts the following week

Who is this duff defender we have signed?? nothing like giving players we haven't seen in a Vale shirt a chance though.

I expect plenty of activity during this coming week as Adams tries to get people in before training starts the following week

So do I.

Some of the reactions on here have shocked me when you think about the disarray of the last couple of summers.

Missing out on a few barely heard of, greedy *******s doesn't concern me. In fact I'm glad to just be talking about transfer targets.

Anyone would think Vale were the only club experiencing these issues.

Players likes Lines and Dickinson were thought to be off but they found something worth staying for and the likes of Loft would have still been with us if it weren't for a family decision. I feel confident that a couple of those that have left will also come to regret it as most generally do....look at the likes of Richards and Rigg - Northampton and Afc Wimbledon, struggling league to clubs.

We finished 9th, our ground isn't a ram-shackled shed, we have a very experienced manager, a decent support compared to some and excellent away support, were in the centre of the country only an hour from Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester. We have a lot going for us and where our wages might not meet some, I'm sure we're not a million miles away from most.

Some of the reactions on here have shocked me when you think about the disarray of the last couple of summers.

Missing out on a few barely heard of, greedy *******s doesn't concern me. In fact I'm glad to just be talking about transfer targets.

Players likes Lines and Dickinson were thought to be off but they found something worth staying for and the likes of Loft would have still been with us if it weren't for a family decision. I feel confident that a couple of those that have left will also come to regret it as most generally do....look at the likes of Richards and Rigg - Northampton and Afc Wimbledon, struggling league to clubs.

We finished 9th, our ground isn't a ram-shackled shed, we have a very experienced manager, a decent support compared to some and excellent away support, were in the centre of the country only an hour from Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester. We have a lot going for us and where our wages might not meet some, I'm sure we're not a million miles away from most.

Give the lady a cigar :yes:

Oh, hang about, how a :clap: and :thumbs: instead :)

Looking at this objectively. The club has to work within a realistic budget and is trying to do so it appears as an outsider. An appropriate number of players were released to allow healthy turnover and change. Some young players who show promise have been signed to allow development and this helps maintain a realistic budget with some risk being accepted that they may not progress well enough. Contracts have been offered to most of the squad who were out of contract and some long standing players - who were League 1 / League 2 standard - have left. The club has a squad presently as a result that is short of the number needed for the season (21+) and looks particularly at risk in the midfield area where it needs to sign some experienced players at this level if the team is to stay at a similar level to last season. To the unknowing outsider it is disappointing more progress hasn't been made with this, but it is not possible to see if there is a situation that is being well managed, has some difficulties or is in crisis. There is no evidence to the outsider of a financial crisis and the manager has been prepared to re-sign when he may have had options to leave and that is a positive. I think the end of this month when contracts actually expire will start to focus minds on making final decisions and agreeing contracts and so we are nearing a critical time when the club's level of success next season is likely to be substantially determined. Not yet a time to be too pessimistic since it could still turn out very well.

That's one of the best posts I have read on here for a while if I am being honest

Brilliant post, if we had nominations for post of the week mine would go to you!

We'd all like to see the rate of players coming in match that of those leaving (allowing for deliberate shrinkage in numbers and hopefully increase in quality). But as a comparison, before we panic, what major signings have the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United or Liverpool made so far this transfer window?

Archived