onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another week passes.

PortVale4Life

I think this has been a great week for vale from a business perspective. Think about it if the Davis deal goes through we have gained 3 fees for 3 fringe players that cost us nothing. Id rather us get the right type of player rather then panic buy to shut everyone up. Carl Dickinson was our best signing last season and when was he signed?

Advert

Doesnt anyone think it a coincidence that 7 of the 13 players gone or going, did so when Micky signed his contract as did 3 support staff. Those that read between the lines and without rose tinted specs think that the dressing room was not as harmoneous as we think

People assumed players were waiting for adams to sign before they decided.

People assumed that when he did sign the players would do the same.

Can we assume the players knew about the backroom staff leaving?... surely they gave notice of their intention to leave a month? before they did.

Is it a fair assumption that of the 16 people who have left over 50% waited until adams had made his decision to make theirs?

Given the above is it a fair assumption the dressing room is/was as happy and harmonious as we were told?

Is there any weight in the possibility that adams was given as much time as he wanted to make a decision whereas the players were given a deadline for a specific reason?

Did any of the 13 leave or decide to leave before the contract was an issue?

When 16 leave and 10 of those leave after a specific incident its natural to think that the incident is the key factor, the trigger for those decisions.

There may have been other factors contributing to their decision to leave, better offer from another club, poor offer from vale to renew, no increase for some increase for others, budget restrictions, etc etc etc

If we assume some would have left because adams signed then we can assume some would stay for the same reason and we can assume the reverse would apply... some would have left and some would have stayed if he hadnt signed.... the numbers may alter but the outcome would be the same.

Personally I dont think adams has the personality or charm to keep a group of people happy or harmonious for any length of time, I also dont think it matters one way or the other providing he can keep them playing at their best over the season... best of mates in the dressing room doesnt interest me... a solid team unit on the pitch does.

The simple fact is that adams signed, he is the manager, its going to cost a years salary to get rid of him on a rolling contract, players are cheaper, there are more players than managers, adams leaving would have cut the budget even further, ST sales would have reduced further if adams hadnt signed than if players dont.

The cynic in me thinks smurf didnt want adams to sign until after ST deadlines, he knew of unrest in the dressing room and the best possible outcome would be to get ST sold before the brown stuff hit the revolving blades.

The Vale supporter in me thinks I would have been very suspicious if everything had gone well, no problems or delays and everyone had signed when and where they should because that just doesnt happen at Vale.

Goalkeepers

1 Neal

12 Johnson

34 Boot

Defenders

2 Yates

4 Robertson

5 Dickinson

6 Chilvers

17 Davis

24 Duffy

27 Smith

33 Price

Midfielders

7 Loft

9 Myrie-Williams

14 Taylor

15 Shuker

18 Lines

21 Griffith

22 Lloyd

25 Cuvelier

26 Birchall

28 Knott

37 Carvalho

41 O'Neil

Forwards

8 Dodds

10 Tomlin

11 Pope

19 Williamson

39 Hugill

Taken from the BBC

How many of these are actually still here?

People assumed players were waiting for adams to sign before they decided.

People assumed that when he did sign the players would do the same.

Can we assume the players knew about the backroom staff leaving?... surely they gave notice of their intention to leave a month? before they did.

Is it a fair assumption that of the 16 people who have left over 50% waited until adams had made his decision to make theirs?

Given the above is it a fair assumption the dressing room is/was as happy and harmonious as we were told?

Is there any weight in the possibility that adams was given as much time as he wanted to make a decision whereas the players were given a deadline for a specific reason?

Did any of the 13 leave or decide to leave before the contract was an issue?

When 16 leave and 10 of those leave after a specific incident its natural to think that the incident is the key factor, the trigger for those decisions.

There may have been other factors contributing to their decision to leave, better offer from another club, poor offer from vale to renew, no increase for some increase for others, budget restrictions, etc etc etc

If we assume some would have left because adams signed then we can assume some would stay for the same reason and we can assume the reverse would apply... some would have left and some would have stayed if he hadnt signed.... the numbers may alter but the outcome would be the same.

Personally I dont think adams has the personality or charm to keep a group of people happy or harmonious for any length of time, I also dont think it matters one way or the other providing he can keep them playing at their best over the season... best of mates in the dressing room doesnt interest me... a solid team unit on the pitch does.

The simple fact is that adams signed, he is the manager, its going to cost a years salary to get rid of him on a rolling contract, players are cheaper, there are more players than managers, adams leaving would have cut the budget even further, ST sales would have reduced further if adams hadnt signed than if players dont.

The cynic in me thinks smurf didnt want adams to sign until after ST deadlines, he knew of unrest in the dressing room and the best possible outcome would be to get ST sold before the brown stuff hit the revolving blades.

The Vale supporter in me thinks I would have been very suspicious if everything had gone well, no problems or delays and everyone had signed when and where they should because that just doesnt happen at Vale.

You, a cynic I won't have it! ;)

Aside from Ray Williams, who has his own reasons / agenda, how many people have left unhappy with Adams?

I think you are barking up the wrong tree there as most people comment on the positive nature of the environment Adams creates.

You, a cynic I won't have it! ;)

Aside from Ray Williams, who has his own reasons / agenda, how many people have left unhappy with Adams?

I think you are barking up the wrong tree there as most people comment on the positive nature of the environment Adams creates.

REP... Im not barking up any tree... like the majority I dont know the answers and can only guess... Most people dont know the environment he creates they just assume, just like they assumed that when he signed everyone would follow. Some people believe what they are told others question

I dont know... how many have left unhappy?... like you I can only guess ... you may guess based on what press releases were made available... others may guess based on the fact people dont always say it as it is [especially if they want a good reference:rolleyes:]

Just to clarify... Im not suggesting adams or smurf have created a bad atmosphere in which players dont want to re-sign or sign... Im not even suggesting the bad atmosphere exists... they are just possibilities, along with many others.

Most assumed that adams signing would signal the mass signing of players... it hasnt happened... the fact adams signed [or otherwise] may have no relevance whatsoever... its all speculation and guess work.

Most of the players that have gone were squad players at best, the only two that have left that will affect the first team are Loft and JMW and we all know why both left.

To suggest the three back room staff left for any other reason than massive career progression is odd to me.

The people I've talked to at the club, watching training and the feedback from key players to the press does tend to suggest the atmosphere is more than positive.

Most of the players that have gone were squad players at best' date=' the only two that have left that will affect the first team are Loft and JMW and we all know why both left.[/quote']

We know what we have been told.

To suggest the three back room staff left for any other reason than massive career progression is odd to me.

Has anyone suggested it?

The people I've talked to at the club, watching training and the feedback from key players to the press does tend to suggest the atmosphere is more than positive.

The people you talk to at the club said a good signing was imminent last week... it didnt happen.

A fractured jaw, cheek bone and nose after an innocuous tackle suggests its not quite as positive as we are told/lead to believe.

Being positive or negative about something doesnt make it a fact.

We know what we have been told.

Has anyone suggested it?

The people you talk to at the club said a good signing was imminent last week... it didnt happen.

A fractured jaw, cheek bone and nose after an innocuous tackle suggests its not quite as positive as we are told/lead to believe.

Being positive or negative about something doesnt make it a fact.

I'm staggered by how many people bring the word 'fact' into discussion when clearly they don't understand the general meaning of the word.

The incident to which you refer had more to do with Jones being a **** for a split second and being correctly sacked for it. People witnessed it and other training sessions including regular posters on this board. No one has mentioned it was in anyway related to Adams. Speculating on something that has no foundation whatsoever is strange for me, if a player had told you, someone had witnessed it or rumours were being leaked at the very least it would be worth a discussion.

At the moment we have lost two first teamers which Adams alluded to weeks ago and who have gone for obvious and documented reasons, a number of squad players and 3 back room staff who have taken massive promotions.

For me we could lose more like Yates and Dodds.

The key is who we replace them with and the next 4/5 weeks are going to be exciting. Who knows 'my' signing might even pull his finger out and make a decision! ;)

I'm staggered by how many people bring the word 'fact' into discussion when clearly they don't understand the general meaning of the word.

The incident to which you refer had more to do with Jones being a **** for a split second and being correctly sacked for it. People witnessed it and other training sessions including regular posters on this board. No one has mentioned it was in anyway related to Adams. Speculating on something that has no foundation whatsoever is strange for me, if a player had told you, someone had witnessed it or rumours were being leaked at the very least it would be worth a discussion.

At the moment we have lost two first teamers which Adams alluded to weeks ago and who have gone for obvious and documented reasons, a number of squad players and 3 back room staff who have taken massive promotions.

For me we could lose more like Yates and Dodds.

The key is who we replace them with and the next 4/5 weeks are going to be exciting. Who knows 'my' signing might even pull his finger out and make a decision! ;)

Like I said... we know what we have been told, that doesnt make it fact even if we believe it.

Archived