onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another week passes.

PortVale4Life

Doesn't that apply to every football club in the country?

Correct 10/10.

The point being is that MA is big on fitness,team bonding early on.Which is why we need to attract new players soon.Leaving it later means you have more chance of signing the players no one else wants.Fingers crossed something will happen this week.

Advert

MA will be back from holiday this week and his first call will be to Phil Sproson asking who has he got left on his books.We have a limited budget and players like Lines and Dickinson have been re-signed on good money.Meanwhile any young players at the club have opted to leave. We will end up with a couple of 30 year olds and trialists. Hugill and Knott should have been signed much earlier. Between them Smurf and Adams are taking us nowhere fast.And you wonder why we have not sold anywhere near 4000 season tickets!

Taking us nowhere fast? Promotion 12 months ago and 9th place in the division above. My god they are doing a rubbish job of it

Correct 10/10.

The point being is that MA is big on fitness,team bonding early on.Which is why we need to attract new players soon.Leaving it later means you have more chance of signing the players no one else wants.Fingers crossed something will happen this week.

Or players holding out for a better deal? Mid July not too bad..

:laugh: Lets be honest the budget has been cut and it seems like MA is struggling to meet the financial demands of players. That's would be my guess. He may announce 3 or 4 players tomorrow, unlikely but my positive side says we signing players but its taking time to add the quality. My negative side is saying we have not the budget to keep our good players or attract new quality. Hence the lack of news. But we have the best man for the job in MA we had a great season maybe we shall drop back a bit and have to consolidate for a bit.

Like any other Vale fan I am concerned by the lack of activity.

Once Davis has made his mind up then I am sure MA will be working 24/7.

Defensive-wise I would enquire about Grimmer for the season who gives us cover at RB & CB.

I do think we need cover at LB & at least one CB.

Duffy can play CB or RB, Dicko can play LB & CB.

Yates can play RB & CB but we need at least one CB.

Midfield concerns me-Lines, Birchall, Dodds, Daniel-that's it!

Up front-Pope & Benji-that's it!

At least 3 midfielders & 2 forwards required aswell.

I am sure MA will get Grew & Page then possibly more backroom staff when he can.

It certainly will be a busy 3 or 4 weeks.

I am hopeful of an old boy such as Paynter or Gardener returning.

Fingers crossed!!

Blimey, I think the last time we signed anyone from my favourite Welsh side Swansea was Ivor Powell as player/manager back when I was just a lad :yes:

Can't remember that far back Barry but I can remember us signing Mel Charles from Porthmadog in the 60's? :D;)

Can't remember that far back Barry but I can remember us signing Mel Charles from Porthmadog in the 60's? :D;)

Mel started his football career with Swansea, but by the time he joined us his journey included Arsenal, Cardiff and Porthmadog. Sadly, and like Ivor, he only stayed for a short period.

Mel started his football career with Swansea, but by the time he joined us his journey included Arsenal, Cardiff and Porthmadog. Sadly, and like Ivor, he only stayed for a short period.

If I remember right,we signed him for £1,250 and in one of his early games there was mayhem when we lost 1-0 at Crewe.A few fans were crushed in a crowd of over 10,000 and had to be taken to hospital.I remember bottles being thrown at the Gresty Road end of the ground after Crewe's winner and smashing on to the crossbar over goalie Willie Mailey's head.

Archived