onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another week passes.

PortVale4Life

Makes you wonder how more players would have left if Micky Adams had not stayed. Hopefully, the next few weeks brings us some good news.

On the other hand, if adams had left and the same players had gone, we would have had people saying 'i told you so' about how keeping adams was vital for keeping the squad together and attracting new faces.

Advert

Is that a positive?

The rest I agree with BTW:)

I think so. When were looking to attract players to the area, to be so close to decent nightlife, attractions and travel links. Being Central gives us more scope to attract people from a larger outside radius. Were in a better position than some clubs out in the sticks - some clubs will have much more of a battle. There is also some fantastic areas to live in within commutable distance.

Some of the reactions on here have shocked me when you think about the disarray of the last couple of summers.

Missing out on a few barely heard of, greedy *******s doesn't concern me. In fact I'm glad to just be talking about transfer targets.

Anyone would think Vale were the only club experiencing these issues.

Players likes Lines and Dickinson were thought to be off but they found something worth staying for and the likes of Loft would have still been with us if it weren't for a family decision. I feel confident that a couple of those that have left will also come to regret it as most generally do....look at the likes of Richards and Rigg - Northampton and Afc Wimbledon, struggling league to clubs.

We finished 9th, our ground isn't a ram-shackled shed, we have a very experienced manager, a decent support compared to some and excellent away support, were in the centre of the country only an hour from Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester. We have a lot going for us and where our wages might not meet some, I'm sure we're not a million miles away from most.

:clap::clap::clap:

Some of the reactions on here have shocked me when you think about the disarray of the last couple of summers.

Missing out on a few barely heard of, greedy *******s doesn't concern me. In fact I'm glad to just be talking about transfer targets.

Players likes Lines and Dickinson were thought to be off but they found something worth staying for and the likes of Loft would have still been with us if it weren't for a family decision. I feel confident that a couple of those that have left will also come to regret it as most generally do....look at the likes of Richards and Rigg - Northampton and Afc Wimbledon, struggling league to clubs.

We finished 9th, our ground isn't a ram-shackled shed, we have a very experienced manager, a decent support compared to some and excellent away support, were in the centre of the country only an hour from Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester. We have a lot going for us and where our wages might not meet some, I'm sure we're not a million miles away from most.

I love positive posts.:thankssign::vale:

What concerns me is the fact we're talking about taking players on trial already. Surely we should have some sort of list with potential targets that have already been scouted throughout the season? Players good enough to go straight into the first team to replace the one's that have left first. Then start talking about taking players on trial as squad fillers or young players with potential, but this doesn't seem to be the case? It seems all a bit slapdash & amateurish to me. Where's the list of potential first team players? Have they all turned us down, or was there never a list in the first place?

Adams wanted the majority of the squad put together by the beginning of July, can't see it happening myself, but we'll see.

The mere sound of the word trialists makes me shudder. If we are reduced to looking at trialists then it means players that no club is aware of or wants. For every successful acquisition we will get loads who aren't up to the standard required.

Alarm bells for the more forward thinking must be ringing already.

The mere sound of the word trialists makes me shudder. If we are reduced to looking at trialists then it means players that no club is aware of or wants. For every successful acquisition we will get loads who aren't up to the standard required.

:yes::yes:

IF we don't get a decent player/players in soon and start training together,gel,team build then we could be in for a long hard painful season.

I don't think it means our team will be full of trialists,personally I don't think there is any harm in taking a look at players during training and pre-season games,who knows we might just uncover a raw talent.Trialists could also be younger players released from Premier League teams not just old chancers

Of course it may have nothing to do with Vale but something to do with what they are being offered contract wise.

I don't think it means our team will be full of trialists,personally I don't think there is any harm in taking a look at players during training and pre-season games,who knows we might just uncover a raw talent.Trialists could also be younger players released from Premier League teams not just old chancers

We need to uncover 5+ raw talents... as someone once said... you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince.

Football is full of players who have had successful careers in the game after trials.

Surely taking a look at them is better than as some others suggest using agents for 'lazy signings' whatever they are.

Trialists are not only judged on the footballing skills but also on their ability to mix in the dressing room.

Archived