onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Micky walk away

Fuzzy Dunlop

Advert

Personally I want Adams to stay and I struggle to comprehend that anybody in their right mind would want him gone.

Since Adams has been at the club there has been a year on year improvement in our league position that has resulted in a rise from c18th in league 2 to 11th in league 1. The trajectory that plots is a very positive one and until that slides over a fair period of time then I see no reason to change.

In addition, the quality of the squad has improved significantly over the same period and season by season. This is our first season in league 1 and ive no doubt Adams will know from this seasons experience who can cut it and who cant and shape the squad accordingly over the summer (should he be here and budget permitting).

Make no mistake about it. Players of the calibre of Neal, Lines and Dicko did not sign to play for Port Vale, they signed to play for Micky Adams. Loft also would not have stayed on this year had it not been for him. Adams has sn ability to attract players and gets them to want to play for him. That appeal is an underestimated skill by those who want him out.

What we need is evolution not revolution. The facts show that our season by season evolution is working so why rock the boat?

You talk too much sense for OVF mate.

It was the whole turning around and just watching the ball slowly go past him as we conceded a goal that did it for me. It really did tip me. I reserved and held back at Bradford away earlier this season when Adam Reach was giving him the run around. But it just all came out last night after that. Jesus Christ.

He's your brother isn't he? :)

I dont buy this 'manufacturing a move' lark. He doesnt need to manufacture one. He's out of contract in the summer and can leave of his own free will.

He needs to have a reason to leave though - otherwise he will have walked away twice which won't look good!

Personally I want Adams to stay and I struggle to comprehend that anybody in their right mind would want him gone.

Since Adams has been at the club there has been a year on year improvement in our league position that has resulted in a rise from c18th in league 2 to 11th in league 1. The trajectory that plots is a very positive one and until that slides over a fair period of time then I see no reason to change.

In addition, the quality of the squad has improved significantly over the same period and season by season. This is our first season in league 1 and ive no doubt Adams will know from this seasons experience who can cut it and who cant and shape the squad accordingly over the summer (should he be here and budget permitting).

Make no mistake about it. Players of the calibre of Neal, Lines and Dicko did not sign to play for Port Vale, they signed to play for Micky Adams. Loft also would not have stayed on this year had it not been for him. Adams has sn ability to attract players and gets them to want to play for him. That appeal is an underestimated skill by those who want him out.

What we need is evolution not revolution. The facts show that our season by season evolution is working so why rock the boat?

What a load of tosh Adams needs to keep his job or become unemployed and players want new contracts as tthe alternative for most of the vale squad is shelf stacking at asda imho

It's a bit naive to suggest that players sign for a club because of a manager, the main reason players sign for clubs is money. If Adams stays but wages are reduced, players would be off like a shot. The only truly loyal people in football are fans.

Back to the Adams situation, if we lose to bottom of the league Stevenage Saturday I can see the mutual consent decision being made next week.

Completely agree and nice to see someone take a longer term view. Evolution is the key and I hope NS has enough about him to make that happen.

In Adams' first spell as manager he had a win ratio of 43%. In his second spell, he has a win ratio of almost 42%. This is better than Rudge at 37% (although I concede Rudgie's teams played at a higher level). Sorry to disappoint you FatBoySteve, but with those kinds of figures Adams will have no problems getting a job elsewhere.

When PW & NS took over there were plenty of expensive ideas flowing, but this was too much change in too little time. I think NS realises this and has had to make some cut backs. We must also be realistic in what the club can achieve in the short term and despite the low points haul since the New Year, I am very happy with the clubs position in the league, this year.

Abusing a manager that has done a good job over three and a half years, simply because we are going through a dodgy spell over 15 games (like most teams do), is beyond my comprehension. We need Adams to stay and he needs to improve the team over the summer. With the current contract situation, the manager can almost start with a clean sheet. He just needs to decide which of those players can play at upper League One standard and beyond and which can't.

Archived