onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Micky walk away

Fuzzy Dunlop

For me Mickey Adams is probably the best manager a team in our position can expect and to be fair we have punched above our weight all season, that is not excusing that pile of s*** I watched tonight.

Should MA have got wound up like he did, probably not, should some of the things that were aimed at him have been said definatly not.

What you have to understand at our level is that we will not get top class players we have a choice of kids or damaged goods, MA has a good track record with the latter,however the downside is they are inconsistent and more often than not leopards don't change their spots for long.

The rot starts at the top, our chairman blustering bully used to getting his own way and riding roughshod over everyone he does business with conned us all into thinking the future was bright, it isn't we will be lucky to survive till the end of the season. Many if not all of the players we brought in had luggage and certainly had no affinity to Port Vale, they are journeymen which is fine while the going is good but when it isn't very few stand up to be counted, I have no doubt most will move on in the summer when they realise there is no cash. Should MA stay, for my money yes because we won't get better

Advert

Just look at Micky's career, he never hangs around at any club for too long. I'm amazed, and glad he's been with Vale for as long as he has, but just like in any sphere of work staff and managers come and go, but the business continues on........

Most are afraid of change, but sometimes it can work out for the better. I'd be happy to see him stay, but if he went I'd thank him for his contribution, and look forward to a new era and possibly a different direction for the club.

God, that was philosophical. Time for bed!

Well having read his interview i would say he's off. Not because of the altercation with the fans, but because of the "expectancy from some quarters". What does this mean? Well to me with Norm saying we should be aiming for a top 6-8 position next season, i personally don't think Adams feels he can achieve that on the playing budget he's about to receive? That's how i read it anyway, so yea, he'll be gone imo.

For me Mickey Adams is probably the best manager a team in our position can expect and to be fair we have punched above our weight all season, that is not excusing that pile of s*** I watched tonight.

Should MA have got wound up like he did, probably not, should some of the things that were aimed at him have been said definatly not.

What you have to understand at our level is that we will not get top class players we have a choice of kids or damaged goods, MA has a good track record with the latter,however the downside is they are inconsistent and more often than not leopards don't change their spots for long.

The rot starts at the top, our chairman blustering bully used to getting his own way and riding roughshod over everyone he does business with conned us all into thinking the future was bright, it isn't we will be lucky to survive till the end of the season. Many if not all of the players we brought in had luggage and certainly had no affinity to Port Vale, they are journeymen which is fine while the going is good but when it isn't very few stand up to be counted, I have no doubt most will move on in the summer when they realise there is no cash. Should MA stay, for my money yes because we won't get better

I think fuzzy has got most of the situation right. I would take issue with his comments re ns. Using terms blustering bully . Riding roughshod over everyone he does business with. He says we will be lucky to survive till the end of the season. I dont get that as we are only 3 points off safety.

Not related to last night as I said the same to my uncle after the Tranmere game:

In my opinion Vale should let MA go in the summer, no new contract.

MA has done well for the club but I can't see where he'd move us forward. I feel MA has gone stale at the Vale & it's time to be brave & see who else is out there.

Yes it might backfire, there's always that risk & I don't expect us to be promoted next year, I mean progress on the pitch, to a team playing football, not the garbage we've had to sit through this calendar year.

Adams does a very good job at getting the best out of players, tactically naive, poor on the transfer market and that is maybe why he doesn't last long at clubs. The problem Vale have is that if he leaves he has left a poor squad of players for this division. Whoever comes in will have a very tough job to push the Vale forward straight away. In a position similar to United really as in the fact Ferguson was a great manager but left a squad at United who were not good enough to retain their position.

I hope Adams stays for another season and see if we can improve on this season, at the end of the day 50 points by mid March on our first season up is a decent return. If he goes then I think Smurf is going to have to dig deep to give a new manager some new players.

Micky was just reacting in the heat of the moment in the interview after the match so I don't think he meant it 100%, but saying that I hope he stays but I don't think I'd stay if I was him getting abuse of fans for all but securing safety this season, no formal contract offer, being dragged through administration, expectation of getting in top 6 next season with reduced budget and fans thinking he's never good enough! I hope he stays because he does well with what he's got at his disposal which isn't a lot! Fans forget we are port vale not man city!

Micky Adams should resign today in my opinion and I shall explain why.

I didn't go to the game last night, but heard about as much as I could bear on the radio. After speaking with various people and viewing various outlets after the game and this morning and just cannot help but think we need to get rid asap. Let's go through the facts:

1. The team (not for the first time this season) was absolutely humbled against a team that hasn't been in the greatest of form of late, but what I think has really disappointed most fans is the way we lost this match, completely and utterly unacceptable .

2. Micky walking over to the fans at the end. Okay so he wants to thank the away support, fine, I get that but what he has to understand is that there will be some sections of any support that will have some unsavoury things to say after a 5-0 drumming. Compare to Arsene Wenger at Chelsea - Did he go over to the Arsenal fans? Would there be some Arsenal fans that would throw 'abuse' at him - Of course there would be. Whether it's right or wrong it's part of English football and football managers need to accept that. Micky isn't a stupid man, he knew there would be a chance he would receive that reception.

3. Although not proven, he apparently said 'What do you expect? We aren't Real Madrid' - Well Micky we weren't playing Barcelona and didn't need to be Real Madrid to even turn up at Bristol City!

4. Micky your heart is just NOT in it anymore. I'm sorry, but going to the sentinel and reading some of the quotes you have come out with is only pushing 'on the fence' fans like me before last nights events firmly out of your corner. If anybody has to 'think' or 'consider' their future then where is your mind and heart at the moment?? Again compare to Arsene Wenger or maybe David Moyes - Are they both considering there futures because of abuse received?? NO! I'd in fact go as far as to say his heart hasn't been in it for a while, and that has certainly shown through some inept and totally embarrassing performances of late.

I understand there will be Micky supporters still after this, and I totally understand that - but I for one am certainly hoping we change sooner rather than later now.

Listening to the interview it looks as if the intention is to leave if he gets a half decent offer. I do think that he shouldn't be blaming the fans for his possible exit though because what did the players and manager expect when they walked over, hearts and flowers??

Lets be honest here because for quite a while now it has looked abundantly clear that many of the players aren't exactly 'working their socks off'. OK there is a limit to what the level of abuse that should be dished out but after another dire performance tensions would have been high. The players should have taken it 'on the chin' and put it right in their next fixture.

I believe the truth is that it is the friction between the manager and his chairman which is the real reason if the manager is about to pack his bags. It is ludicrous for Smurthwaite to cut the wage budget by £500,000 and say he expects a top 8 finish next term. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that if we finish in mid table this season (though I feel we will end up nearer the bottom than the top) how the hell can we be reasonably expected to finish in a better position next year.

Come on Micky if you have had enough tell it as it is because it isn't the fans fault as 90% think that you are the best thing since Wrights Pies. It is that ill informed owner who is the real problem.

Micky Adams should resign today in my opinion and I shall explain why.

I didn't go to the game last night, but heard about as much as I could bear on the radio. After speaking with various people and viewing various outlets after the game and this morning and just cannot help but think we need to get rid asap. Let's go through the facts:

1. The team (not for the first time this season) was absolutely humbled against a team that hasn't been in the greatest of form of late, but what I think has really disappointed most fans is the way we lost this match, completely and utterly unacceptable .

2. Micky walking over to the fans at the end. Okay so he wants to thank the away support, fine, I get that but what he has to understand is that there will be some sections of any support that will have some unsavoury things to say after a 5-0 drumming. Compare to Arsene Wenger at Chelsea - Did he go over to the Arsenal fans? Would there be some Arsenal fans that would throw 'abuse' at him - Of course there would be. Whether it's right or wrong it's part of English football and football managers need to accept that. Micky isn't a stupid man, he knew there would be a chance he would receive that reception.

3. Although not proven, he apparently said 'What do you expect? We aren't Real Madrid' - Well Micky we weren't playing Barcelona and didn't need to be Real Madrid to even turn up at Bristol City!

4. Micky your heart is just NOT in it anymore. I'm sorry, but going to the sentinel and reading some of the quotes you have come out with is only pushing 'on the fence' fans like me before last nights events firmly out of your corner. If anybody has to 'think' or 'consider' their future then where is your mind and heart at the moment?? Again compare to Arsene Wenger or maybe David Moyes - Are they both considering there futures because of abuse received?? NO! I'd in fact go as far as to say his heart hasn't been in it for a while, and that has certainly shown through some inept and totally embarrassing performances of late.

I understand there will be Micky supporters still after this, and I totally understand that - but I for one am certainly hoping we change sooner rather than later now.

Good post.

Archived