onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Micky walk away

Fuzzy Dunlop

Adams is stupid if letting the acidic comments of a handful of fans affect him. Similarly I have been to a number of away games this season where a significant minority have abused our players from kick off. In fact JMW in particular has to put up with it every game.

So perhaps Adams and Vale fans deserve each other.

Club's that stay loyal to their manager tend to be the most successful

Hopefully Micky will be around for a long time.

BTW the poster who said Brizzle have not been showing much form lately needs to take a look at the form table - similar for Stevenage on Saturday.

Advert

Can't go up. Not going down either. Job well done in my eyes. Don't think next season will be a promotion push either. Micky is ready to walk away after a confrontation with fans even though he has more than steadied the ship for us in league 1. Get off his back!!

How telling about OVF this is. 2 threads, the first is from a poster actually at Bristol City who gives an honest and downplayed account if events. It has 10 replies. Then we have this thread, 200 replies, mostly by the usual suspects, mostly moaning about Adams as well as somehow suggesting this was also Smurf's fault. This site is getting worse and worse.

Adams is stupid if letting the acidic comments of a handful of fans affect him. Similarly I have been to a number of away games this season where a significant minority have abused our players from kick off. In fact JMW in particular has to put up with it every game.

BTW the poster who said Brizzle have not been showing much form lately needs to take a look at the form table - similar for Stevenage on Saturday.

Good post.

Dont get me started on Wrights pies.At £1.40 for a meat and potato,thats a rip off and Mr Wright is continually putting them up.Either put some meat in or reduce the price.
Following the Wrights pies plug in my post I got a big box of freebies Bootboy Hmmmm lovely. Pass me the indigestion tablets please.

The thing I don't get is the comments regarding Micky's attitude. Arsene Wenger is a whinging scapegoatist of the highest order who drives me mad on MOTD but I dare saw there's not many who wouldn't welcome him into our dugout with open arms. Personal feelings about the demeanor of the manager have no bearing over his ability and should be set aside. Where are we in the league and is it above expectation is all that matters, and on that basis Micky is doing well.

Too many fans got used to Port Vale being a soap opera due to those whose names I wont even bother typing. This is the same reason why every decision or statement Smurf makes is met with derision, ridicule and doubt. It's not a bad thing to want more but demanding it is unhealthy

You can't use loyalty and Adams in the same sentence.

Big deal Micky,so one or two Vale fans abused you after a 5-0 pasting,during a recent FA Cup-tie you had thousands of supporters from both teams chanting your name.Take the rough with the smooth,it's football.

Manufacturing a move springs to mind.

I dont buy this 'manufacturing a move' lark. He doesnt need to manufacture one. He's out of contract in the summer and can leave of his own free will.

Personally I want Adams to stay and I struggle to comprehend that anybody in their right mind would want him gone.

Since Adams has been at the club there has been a year on year improvement in our league position that has resulted in a rise from c18th in league 2 to 11th in league 1. The trajectory that plots is a very positive one and until that slides over a fair period of time then I see no reason to change.

In addition, the quality of the squad has improved significantly over the same period and season by season. This is our first season in league 1 and ive no doubt Adams will know from this seasons experience who can cut it and who cant and shape the squad accordingly over the summer (should he be here and budget permitting).

Make no mistake about it. Players of the calibre of Neal, Lines and Dicko did not sign to play for Port Vale, they signed to play for Micky Adams. Loft also would not have stayed on this year had it not been for him. Adams has sn ability to attract players and gets them to want to play for him. That appeal is an underestimated skill by those who want him out.

What we need is evolution not revolution. The facts show that our season by season evolution is working so why rock the boat?

How telling about OVF this is. 2 threads, the first is from a poster actually at Bristol City who gives an honest and downplayed account if events. It has 10 replies. Then we have this thread, 200 replies, mostly by the usual suspects, mostly moaning about Adams as well as somehow suggesting this was also Smurf's fault. This site is getting worse and worse.

Thats odd... because both threads carry accounts from different people who were there...at bristol... one in the fore and one 6 foot away... both accounts are similar yet different... the first was from the person in the larger thread... the second was from another in a different thread.

I dont know which is the more accurate because I wasnt there so I would guess somewhere in between.

The one thing that seems strange to me is... if the fans were giving abuse and it was so upsetting why would a player walk over and shake their hand?

Really good post Dave, it will now be interesting to see how everything pans out.

Personally I want Adams to stay and I struggle to comprehend that anybody in their right mind would want him gone.

Since Adams has been at the club there has been a year on year improvement in our league position that has resulted in a rise from c18th in league 2 to 11th in league 1. The trajectory that plots is a very positive one and until that slides over a fair period of time then I see no reason to change.

In addition, the quality of the squad has improved significantly over the same period and season by season. This is our first season in league 1 and ive no doubt Adams will know from this seasons experience who can cut it and who cant and shape the squad accordingly over the summer (should he be here and budget permitting).

Make no mistake about it. Players of the calibre of Neal, Lines and Dicko did not sign to play for Port Vale, they signed to play for Micky Adams. Loft also would not have stayed on this year had it not been for him. Adams has sn ability to attract players and gets them to want to play for him. That appeal is an underestimated skill by those who want him out.

What we need is evolution not revolution. The facts show that our season by season evolution is working so why rock the boat?

Well said. If we lose the manager we will be struggling from the outset next season and will be lucky to face anything other than a relegation battle.

Well said. If we lose the manager we will be struggling from the outset next season and will be lucky to face anything other than a relegation battle.

That's ******** that's just like me saying if we keep Micky we will be in the relegation zone next season. Of if we get a new manager we will be promoted. Nobody knows!!

Archived