onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Micky walk away

Fuzzy Dunlop

Advert

Does anyone on here actually know what was said to him? If not then im not sure we are in any kind of position to talk about thick skins.

As most people there are things i can shrug off and things that are pretty much guaranteed get on my ****.

As I understand it went as follows...

"Micky what's going on, we haven't won away since November"

ADAMS:- "What do you expect, we're not Real Madrid you ****ing ****"

Mixed abuse... Loft laughing in fans faces... more abuse

Micky strikes me as being in the Robbie Savage / Steve Claridge mould in the sense that he holds the views of most fans in contempt.

I don't really care about that, he's not paid to be everyone's pal.

What does cheese me off is the idea that he would use a few words from one or two fans as a reason for leaving.

Frankly it makes him look a bit daft in football management circles.

Lots of bosses have put up with far worse from much bigger numbers at much bigger clubs.

Just as he can't be everyone's pal with the players, so not all fans will like him or his tactics.

That's the gig, Micky!

Micky strikes me as being in the Robbie Savage / Steve Claridge mould in the sense that he holds the views of most fans in contempt.

I don't really care about that, he's not paid to be everyone's pal.

What does cheese me off is the idea that he would use a few words from one or two fans as a reason for leaving.

Frankly it makes him look a bit daft in football management circles.

Lots of bosses have put up with far worse from much bigger numbers at much bigger clubs.

Just as he can't be everyone's pal with the players, so not all fans will like him or his tactics.

That's the gig, Micky!

I think he is referring to it as a tipping point. He states he's been thinking about his future for a while so this might just be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Then again he could just have been annoyed with the abuse he took last night and said it in the heat of the moment.

I cannot believe what I read sometimes, do you honestly think Adams will not stay with us because a few fans shouted 'abuse' at him.

He will be with us next season unless -

-There are issues over his wages

-Gets another offer elsewhere

To think that an experienced, hard nosed manager would refuse to stay on because some fans moaned at him after his side lost 5-0 is barmy.

If Micky Adams leaves next season will be far more interesting. Bring on the relegation battle! We ve over achieved this season and he's done a better job than most managers that we could afford to take a punt on. This is beginning to remind me of the 'Rudgie out' chants. That got us a long way.

I was there at the front. That is exactly what happened. Adams was asked about away performances and he replied with that whilst Loft laughed.

Choose to like it or not.

Did you spend much of the second half shouting abuse at the players?

Did you spend much of the second half shouting abuse at the players?

I spent the majority of the second half lying down on the seats that didnt have a back on and checking my bets. But considering we were 5-0 down I did vent my frustration alot. At the end I ventured down to the front to question the "messiah" on why we have picked up 2 points out of the last 27 away from home he then responded with "what do you want? we arent Real Madrid you ****ing ****"..... Apparently that puts me in the wrong. Shall I start a Conga the next time we are losing 5-0 away?

Big deal Micky,so one or two Vale fans abused you after a 5-0 pasting,during a recent FA Cup-tie you had thousands of supporters from both teams chanting your name.Take the rough with the smooth,it's football.

Manufacturing a move springs to mind.

Exactly.........It surprising though, how many on here are trying to make out its the fans fault he is considering his position.

I spent the majority of the second half lying down on the seats that didnt have a back on and checking my bets. But considering we were 5-0 down I did vent my frustration alot. At the end I ventured down to the front to question the "messiah" on why we have picked up 2 points out of the last 27 away from home he then responded with "what do you want? we arent Real Madrid you ****ing ****"..... Apparently that puts me in the wrong. Shall I start a Conga the next time we are losing 5-0 away?

So you didn't say anything at all abusive to him? I must admit I would find that very hard to believe after the stuff you were shouting at him at Plymouth when we actually won the game!

So you didn't say anything at all abusive to him? I must admit I would find that very hard to believe after the stuff you were shouting at him at Plymouth when we actually won the game!

After his "We're not Real Madrid you ****ing ****" comment the abuse came his way, so he is the architect of his own downfall. He needs to take a leaf out of Dan Jones book. It will be all okay though hopefully when he's found his toys that he chucked out of his pram as hopefully he will leave and then I can get behind a competent manager who isn't up his own backside and tactically inept. Be alright that.

Archived