onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Micky walk away

Fuzzy Dunlop

Advert

Listening to the interview it looks as if the intention is to leave if he gets a half decent offer. I do think that he shouldn't be blaming the fans for his possible exit though because what did the players and manager expect when they walked over, hearts and flowers??

Lets be honest here because for quite a while now it has looked abundantly clear that many of the players aren't exactly 'working their socks off'. OK there is a limit to what the level of abuse that should be dished out but after another dire performance tensions would have been high. The players should have taken it 'on the chin' and put it right in their next fixture.

I believe the truth is that it is the friction between the manager and his chairman which is the real reason if the manager is about to pack his bags. It is ludicrous for Smurthwaite to cut the wage budget by £500,000 and say he expects a top 8 finish next term. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that if we finish in mid table this season (though I feel we will end up nearer the bottom than the top) how the hell can we be reasonably expected to finish in a better position next year.

Come on Micky if you have had enough tell it as it is because it isn't the fans fault as 90% think that you are the best thing since Wrights Pies. It is that ill informed owner who is the real problem.

Dont get me started on Wrights pies.At £1.40 for a meat and potato,thats a rip off and Mr Wright is continually putting them up.Either put some meat in or reduce the price.

Micky was just reacting in the heat of the moment in the interview after the match so I don't think he meant it 100%, but saying that I hope he stays but I don't think I'd stay if I was him getting abuse of fans for all but securing safety this season, no formal contract offer, being dragged through administration, expectation of getting in top 6 next season with reduced budget and fans thinking he's never good enough! I hope he stays because he does well with what he's got at his disposal which isn't a lot! Fans forget we are port vale not man city!

I thought smurf might have made a statement about last nights saga.

I did think the same.But i guess that they (MA & NS) might want to discuss in house and keep it in house.Which is probably the best option.As it might just fan the flames,cause more unrest,upset.

It's obviously all been brewing up inside MA and now his top has been blown.

To summarise:-......

Wildes offers contract. Wildes leaves. Smurf withdraws offer of contract.

The failure to be backed in the Jan transfer window for a good push for promotion.

Smurf saying he doesn't want promotion.

The need to free the likes of Lee Hughes from the wage bill.

The promised contract not actually materialising and only talked about, not actioned.

The reduction of next years budget.

The further reduction of next years budget, should ST sales not meet Smurf's demands.

The expectancy from Smurf expecting top 8 on a lesser budget.

Smurfism's..

In all honesty, if Adams stays he's on a hiding to nothing. The whole defence needs addressing and to be expected to do so on a weaker budget, will be some task. Next years squad & budget will look like relegation material and us Port Vale supporters want to see the action of what we were promised from Smurf when he took over the sole reigns of the club... Enough money to get us to the Championship. It's not going to happen, we won't accept it lightly and Adams knows it.

He'll be off and I for 1 don't blame him

Archived