onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Micky walk away

Fuzzy Dunlop

At least you offer a reasoned argument!

I'm sorry though, I'm not having this "attitude towards fans" bull**** though. He has always been a hot head, it's nothing new and is merely a convenient excuse

He has been, but surely that isn't right, those fans sat through **** last night (again). He shouldn't be kicking off on them. It really is a difficult one for me, he's done a great job, it just feels like it withering out and has been for a few weeks.

Advert

He has been, but surely that isn't right, those fans sat through **** last night (again). He shouldn't be kicking off on them. It really is a difficult one for me, he's done a great job, it just feels like it withering out and has been for a few weeks.

I'm, not saying he was right or wrong, I'm just saying using it as an excuse to oust him now is ridiculous

" If I had a bad day at the office I would be sacked."

" He is a disgrace "

Absurd remarks and someone (geosname) thinks we should see them again.

I thought it might be useful to be reminded of comments made by someone there rather than the sentinels reporting and guesswork from a distance.

At least you offer a reasoned argument!

I'm sorry though, I'm not having this "attitude towards fans" bull**** though. He has always been a hot head, it's nothing new and is merely a convenient excuse

Agreed. I don't want an Alan Pardew style manager who has to praise the fans in every sentence. Fans are entitled to their opinion, but that's all it is. It is MA's job to sort out our deficiencies and I suspect he is very aware of them. Whether he has the ability/desire to turn them around is open to question. He has done a great job overall, but throughout his 5 years we have never been able to get attack and defence both firing at the same time. In his first spell, we were winning or losing games 1-0 in the main. In his second spell, we are winning or losing games 3-2 in the main.

In my humble opinion, Adams is a bit of a one trick pony. Getting your squad of players super fit only gets you so far. I know we can't and shouldn't expect too much, but he's tactically clueless and his substitutions leave a lot to be desired more often than not. I just think we badly need fresh ideas, someone who won't have favourites (as Adams does the likes of Dodds and Taylor who both should have been released seasons ago) and someone that the players won't feel in a comfort zone around, no matter how they perform. If we're in a position to do so we should thank the manager for his services, credit him on a fantastic job getting us out of League Two, and both look to move on. I don't think his heart is really in it at the club anymore and maybe going back to some League Two club and trying to achieve what he did here would be the right move for him.

If things stay exactly as they are now I have a feeling that we'll really struggle next season.

Should MA leave which seem's increasingly likely then the concern is who has NS got in mind to replace him?

Remember that NS has no plan 'B'.(which prob means he has had talks with another manager ;) )

Trust me melv,Rob Page will be our new manager if MA walks.

Was Adams out of order in getting involved in a heated confrontation with fans - most definitely in my opinion. That it is not meant as an excuse for some of the things that were probably said to him but when people are paying your salary, well at least part of it, you have to be very careful not to distance the fans from you. After all, people had paid an awful lot of money travel to the match last night and they were treated to an extremely poor performance to put it mildly. People will vent their anger at those they hold responsible. Adams is experienced enough to keep well clear of these flash points and he certainly should have done so last night.

Will he leave? God knows! I think that it is probably the right time for him to go. I don't think of him as the messiah - far from it! If he does go, he will go with my sincere thanks for all he achieved last season, in particular, and for getting us to a good position in league 1 this season. However, I won't miss his style of football - bang it forward to Tom and hope, his inability to get the defence to stop leaking goals from set pieces in particular,I won't miss his poor team selection on occasions, I won't miss his baffling substitutions either or his poor performance in the transfer market.

Of equal concern is the way too many players seem to deteriorate under his stewardship. Look at players like Vincent, JMW, Jones, Robertson, Grimmer, Lines, Dickinson ........ Of course people might well disagree with this but in my opinion all these players began their spell here with some great performances for half a season or so. Then the decline set in, and for some, there seem to be not indications that there is an improvement in sight. His man management has left a lot to be desired. Just look at his treatment of Morsey, Burge and lately Davis.

Some say he is the best manager we have had since Rudgie which is probably right but partly due to some of the dross management we have had to endure. The saga over his contract is ridiculous and he must share some of the blame for that.

So, if he goes, like I said, he goes with my sincere thanks for getting us promoted and I wish him well in the future.

Just my thoughts as ever.

I read this and thought 'I don't remember writing this' and then realised it was written by Bert. Never have I agreed with somebody's post so whole heartedly. Well said that man.

I think MA's has done a good job at Vale and taken us up when things could have been so different. He seemed to gel the players and get them to work in a certain direction. This seems to be missing now and you have to question if the players are now working for him like they used to do.

Will he stay - think he will walk at the end of the season, as he does not feel able to take us further and is now engineering a way out. Could this be down to his managerial style, tactics and knowledge - I don't know. His connections have been good, but other managers that come in will have their own contacts to use.

He knew the fans were upset and sending the players over there would ignite some of the more moronic of our fan base. They should have clapped the fans from a distance. He knew this and just played the fans. This way, the press are now concentrating on the fans abusing the manager and players, rather than the players not turning up and getting thrashed. So it has worked for him. The players and manager have come away from last night with the press not harassing them for their poor performance.

Next season is going to be hard, but who ever is the manager - I will support them and the new squad of players they bring in. The new manager will have a lot of work to do as I can see a lot of players leaving and not being signed up again. Page is being banded around as a possible new manager. Well I would go with that. He has new ideas and contacts, so why not.

I would like to see MA's stay on his rolling contact as well and finish the job he came back to finish. But reality says he wont be here and is now looking at ways out. I would say in order of the best Vale Managers - Rudge then MA's in my time as a Vale fan.

Archived