onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Micky walk away

Fuzzy Dunlop

Personally the way the incident has been reported has been shoddy and definitely has sided with Adams. My cousin was very close to the incident and he said Adams definitely gave as good as he got and did use inappropriate language himself.

I don't think it was helped by radio stoke at the time as they were slating the fans as it happened without even knowing what was going on

Advert

My frustration at Plymouth was due to him bringing Jordan Hugill off our most threatening looking player as many vented the same frustration about it hence his storm down the touchline charade...Maybe he just doesn't like my beard. Or the truth about his poor away tactics.

Maybe instead of spouting **** from the stands you should keep your daft opinions to yourself

The thing I don't get is the comments regarding Micky's attitude. Arsene Wenger is a whinging scapegoatist of the highest order who drives me mad on MOTD but I dare saw there's not many who wouldn't welcome him into our dugout with open arms. Personal feelings about the demeanor of the manager have no bearing over his ability and should be set aside. Where are we in the league and is it above expectation is all that matters, and on that basis Micky is doing well.

Too many fans got used to Port Vale being a soap opera due to those whose names I wont even bother typing. This is the same reason why every decision or statement Smurf makes is met with derision, ridicule and doubt. It's not a bad thing to want more but demanding it is unhealthy

Spot on

Maybe some would like to have a nice guy who is all touchy feely with the fans but doesn't actually get us promoted and safe in a higher division (that applies to NS and MA). If it takes people like them with all their supposed attitude issues etc to make us stronger in the longer term..so be it.

The May discount could be little incentive if people are not convinced.

Smurthwaite has got to come up with something drastic now to win the fans back. An explanation won't be enough because nobody will believe him - actions are needed to repair this, not empty words.

Praise and Grumble was interesting tonight. It started with some owd duffer calling Johnny & Jordan scum, hooligans etc, then a short while later some well spoken, positive kind of geezer that claimed to be a minister came on saying he was stood right by the incident as he goes to the front to applaud the players at every match and he defended the right of them to have a go, whilst obviously not condoning their language, but set the record straight about Loft charging in like a bull in a china shop followed by Adams, after Dan Jones had apologised and shook hands with the lads involved. I heard Adams' version at the start of the show from an interview and feel that he's misled a few folk claiming that he was disgusted by what was said yet there are witnesses stating that he gave as good as he got, but he's a professional getting paid whereas these lads were passionate and angry having paid to travel there on a miserable tuesday night. A couple more also called in to kind of defend their right to have a say if the manager is stupid enough to confront them.

'Johnny' and 'Jordan' are ****ing idiots. The likelihood is that they only went to Bristol because they had nothing better to do. Why would you go all that way for a nothing match just to shout abuse? I heard that it was these same 2 clowns that set on Adams at Plymouth away. GREAT SUPPORT LADS!!! Just the type of fans we want to urge us on

Praise and Grumble was interesting tonight. It started with some owd duffer calling Johnny & Jordan scum, hooligans etc, then a short while later some well spoken, positive kind of geezer that claimed to be a minister came on saying he was stood right by the incident as he goes to the front to applaud the players at every match and he defended the right of them to have a go, whilst obviously not condoning their language, but set the record straight about Loft charging in like a bull in a china shop followed by Adams, after Dan Jones had apologised and shook hands with the lads involved. I heard Adams' version at the start of the show from an interview and feel that he's misled a few folk claiming that he was disgusted by what was said yet there are witnesses stating that he gave as good as he got, but he's a professional getting paid whereas these lads were passionate and angry having paid to travel there on a miserable tuesday night. A couple more also called in to kind of defend their right to have a say if the manager is stupid enough to confront them.

The guy on the left hand side of the photograph showing Adams arguing with fans is in fact a Minister. He sits in the Bycars and does indeed dash down to the front of the stand every game to either clap or criticise the players. I think he's from Swan Bank Church in Boslem.

Archived