onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf's spit his dummy out

butt lane vale fan

I know folk wont agree but tbh Smurf,Adams and the players have got us to 9th in league one,2 points outside the play off zone so at this moment in time I don't give a monkeys chuff about sentinel reporters who try stir up some **** imo,maybe we should bring Bratt back and settle for lower end of league 2.

Sorry but thank you Smurf for all you have done for us to get us this far in a short space of time.

Advert

I know folk wont agree but tbh Smurf,Adams and the players have got us to 9th in league one,2 points outside the play off zone so at this moment in time I don't give a monkeys chuff about sentinel reporters who try stir up some **** imo,maybe we should bring Bratt back and settle for lower end of league 2.

Sorry but thank you Smurf for all you have done for us to get us this far in a short space of time.

My thoughts exactly

I've defended Smurf recently and my worry now is he'll come out fighting the backlash through Twitter and/or other social media, which can only land him in whole more world of pain. If he trys to answer queries to every one who tweets him etc (and people will) he could find himself embroiled in tens of little arguments which can only lead to a further PR disaster.

I have sympathy for the man, I really do, but a step back is needed now.

A simple statement "Sorry to the fans who ordered these shirts - it is out of the control of Port Vale and we feel just as frustrated as the fans. We have contacted the manufacturer and they have said delivery should be in the next ............... This is due to manufacturing problems".

Simple and it stops fans contacting Smurf. As owner, he should delegate this to the shop manager to run with. All the shop manager has to do is update smurf on what is happening. Smurf only has to get involved when the shop manager does not get the answers and needs the figure head to put the pressure on them.

Feel that smurf is trying to take too much on, maybe due to not being able to employ more staff etc. Use the staff you have to assist you.

If anyone reads the story in the Sentinel I defy them to explain why Smurf should take offence at it. Basically, it outlines the situation with the shirts and allows both the Commercial Director and the Chairman to explain the delays. There is no criticism of the club, indeed, it simply says what should have been said on the club wesbite in my opinion. It makes no sense to me at all to respond to that article by banning the author.

A simple statement "Sorry to the fans who ordered these shirts - it is out of the control of Port Vale and we feel just as frustrated as the fans. We have contacted the manufacturer and they have said delivery should be in the next ............... This is due to manufacturing problems".

Simple and it stops fans contacting Smurf. As owner, he should delegate this to the shop manager to run with. All the shop manager has to do is update smurf on what is happening. Smurf only has to get involved when the shop manager does not get the answers and needs the figure head to put the pressure on them.

Feel that smurf is trying to take too much on, maybe due to not being able to employ more staff etc. Use the staff you have to assist you.

I thought they had done that

Smurf has already apologised for the shirts being late, more than once. Also as a nice gesture there was some discount at the club shop or a voucher (cant remember exactly) but it showed a huge deal of concern.

Martin 'Trouble is my middle name' Tribeofswill on the other hand never misses a chance to stir it up, and jumps on the side of the fence he feels will benefit his own image and cause.

So a little more patience in a difficult situation for the club which is not really their fault would be very welcome, and Mr T - do one will you please.

I thought they had done that

May be Vale need to do it again and instead of Smurf, then the shop manager doing it. People just want to know something is being done at the Vale end to sort this issue out and it has not been forgotten about. We have paid the money in faith and just want to know we will be getting something at some stage this year.

The shop manager needs to do this with the backing of smurf before people say the shop manger should not put out a statement without smurf okaying the statement - Chain of Command etc. The fans would be happy with that.

Smurf has already apologised for the shirts being late, more than once. Also as a nice gesture there was some discount at the club shop or a voucher (cant remember exactly) but it showed a huge deal of concern.

And that is exactly what the Sentinel article says in addition to adding a further update on the situation. Why exactly is that a problem??

If information isn't coming from the club try going direct to get some answers.Norman hasn't got time to do it.The club shop manager don't seem to be doing much about it.So contact Sondico via [email protected] which are all part of the same company.

My gut feeling is its a Sondico problem so put them in the hot seat.

can't blame smurfy getting abit shirty over this he has probs heard the same thing over and over.. tbh we should be asking the shop manager as it is his job

I understand Smurf being as frustrated about the situation as the fans are who have ordered shirts. I can't for the life of me see it as a reason to ban the Sentinel reporter from the Press Box though. It makes no sense to me at all.

Archived