onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New loan signings

yorky valiant

Advert

Permanent Signings this season: Chilvers, tomlin, Birchall, Mohammed, Griff (all bench warmers). Dickinson, Lines, Robertson (Regulars). Please work on your own maths before mocking mine.

We have no injury concerns and he has had the biggest budget for many years....why would we even think about loan signings?

Make no mistake Micky has good management qualities.....But I personally dont think his budget efficiency is one of them.

Griff and Tomlin have so far been far from bench warmers this season, look at their starts (prior to Tomlin's injury).

You also have to include Hughes, Yates, Loft as they have signed new deals (who I doubt will simply be a bench warmers) if you are including Chilvers, Birchall and Griff. My maths do indeed sound better than yours ;)

Again who would you suggest signs the players if not Micky.....

They must be selling a lot of shirts, and they also need to cover the rent of Sixfields. I expect the FL to take a close look at their books, whether they will have to release some of their higher wage players, who knows. What a state they are in.

they arent selling anything, they have astarve em out scheme 'NOPM'. Their home kit isnt available til after xmas anyways, for what good its worth!

Griff and Tomlin have so far been far from bench warmers this season, look at their starts (prior to Tomlin's injury).

You also have to include Hughes, Yates, Loft as they have signed new deals (who I doubt will simply be a bench warmers) if you are including Chilvers, Birchall and Griff. My maths do indeed sound better than yours ;)

Again who would you suggest signs the players if not Micky.....

Ok carol Vorderman, but you see where this is going with the quality over quantity debate. Yes only a manager should make the signings, however for this season Micky shouldnt be allowed to bring in anyone now unless injuries occur as only him alone is responsible for getting his house in order at the start of the season. Also if MA signs a contract then great but what I dont wont to see is him handing out long term contracts to players if he has no intention of staying beyond this season due to the fact that if a new manager does come he would have is own plans and ideas to start a fresh from.

Personally, I think our present squad is strong enough to compete at this level for the moment.

New or loan signings in January would be a better bet than now.

Despite the criticism Adams gets (some of it warranted, some not) the one thing he is proven at is getting the best out of the players at his disposal. Last season being a case in point.

Personally, I think our present squad is strong enough to compete at this level for the moment.

New or loan signings in January would be a better bet than now.

Despite the criticism Adams gets (some of it warranted, some not) the one thing he is proven at is getting the best out of the players at his disposal. Last season being a case in point.

I am of the same opinion. If the present squad perform as they ought to then we will hold our own in Division 1. Adams needs to get the best out of the players and we will be safe. Any new loans later on may add to our squad but again we have to rely on Adams to bring in who he wants for the current campaign.

There is something fishy about the whole thing.

If you can only spend 60% of your turnover then what is the point of having a mega rich owner like Sheffield Utd have now?

He can hardly splash the cash.

He could sponsor the ground for £10M a year, thus £6M extra a year to spend on players.

The FPP thing is iturnover rather than net profit.

Is there anything to stop a football club 'diversifying' to the extent that they buy several thousand random things (white goods, electricals, stuff like that) before selling them to a third party at cost price? It would be neutral to the football club but turnover would be massively increased.

Businessmen who own football clubs could theoretically use the club as an extra step in their supply chain. They acquire stock via the football club and sell it on to their other business interests.

Is that far fetched?

Archived