onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New loan signings

yorky valiant

We can afford it?... if we could we would have signed the "french kid"... do you mean smurf can afford it?

Why does it feel like were slipping back into V2001s tenure all over again? All this open talk about being skint coming from Smurf is doing my head in,Its so TINPOT, Keep the finances under wraps Smurf and let us know if you decide to put your hand in your pocket (which you led us to believe you would do prior to us all buying season tickets)..If this is the squad weve got for the season fair enough just dont keep telling us theres no money its depressing.

Advert

Why does it feel like were slipping back into V2001s tenure all over again? All this open talk about being skint coming from Smurf is doing my head in,Its so TINPOT, Keep the finances under wraps Smurf and let us know if you decide to put your hand in your pocket (which you led us to believe you would do prior to us all buying season tickets)..If this is the squad weve got for the season fair enough just dont keep telling us theres no money its depressing.
There are budget limitations irrespective of money availability, a football club is a bottomless pit, how much Norman puts in is his business.

There are budget limitations irrespective of money availability, a football club is a bottomless pit, how much Norman puts in is his business.

I know all this ya cabbage, Im saying im sick of Smurf telling the world were skint! Yes he can put in however much money he wants but the sounds he was making around the season ticket deadline has been misleading .. "Sweeties" etc

I know all this ya cabbage, Im saying im sick of Smurf telling the world were skint! Yes he can put in however much money he wants but the sounds he was making around the season ticket deadline has been misleading .. "Sweeties" etc
Where has he said we are skint?

Adams shouldn't be allowed make signings. 65% of his recent signings this season have been bench warmers. Last season when wevwere under a transfer embargo bob young allowed us to make 1 loan signing....sean Mcallister. Say no more

Who signed the key players that got us promoted and / or gave renewal contracts to the others that helped!

65% is that a figure plucked from thin air or is there any fact?

I'd trust Micky over a Director of Football such as Joe Kinnear, an inexperienced Chair such as Smurf or a Secretary such as Bill Lodey or maybe you are suggesting the wags on here should decide who we sign?

Any stick to beat him with, this is becoming stupid :(

Where has he said we are skint? He simply stated we are at FL capacity for player wages.

I think he utilised the word sweeties as people were behaving like children stamping their feet waiting for Christmas because we hadn't signed everyone by the end of April.

Adams shouldn't be allowed make signings. 65% of his recent signings this season have been bench warmers. Last season when wevwere under a transfer embargo bob young allowed us to make 1 loan signing....sean Mcallister. Say no more

All this Adams bashing has to stop. Lines, Dicko and Robertson are 3 quality additions to our squad and I am happy to support Mickey, he can keep us in this Division which should be our only realistic target for this year. I really hope he doesn't see the guff some people put on here, he is a good Manager and we would find it very difficult to attract someone 'better' in the eyes of a few OVF moaners

On the subject of wages:turnover percentage -

How can Coventry afford the wages of Leon Clarke and Carl Baker on their 'home' attendances?

They must be selling a lot of shirts, and they also need to cover the rent of Sixfields. I expect the FL to take a close look at their books, whether they will have to release some of their higher wage players, who knows. What a state they are in.

Who signed the key players that got us promoted and / or gave renewal contracts to the others that helped!

65% is that a figure plucked from thin air or is there any fact?

I'd trust Micky over a Director of Football such as Joe Kinnear, an inexperienced Chair such as Smurf or a Secretary such as Bill Lodey or maybe you are suggesting the wags on here should decide who we sign?

Any stick to beat him with, this is becoming stupid :(

Permanent Signings this season: Chilvers, tomlin, Birchall, Mohammed, Griff (all bench warmers). Dickinson, Lines, Robertson (Regulars). Please work on your own maths before mocking mine.

We have no injury concerns and he has had the biggest budget for many years....why would we even think about loan signings?

Make no mistake Micky has good management qualities.....But I personally dont think his budget efficiency is one of them.

All this Adams bashing has to stop. Lines, Dicko and Robertson are 3 quality additions to our squad and I am happy to support Mickey, he can keep us in this Division which should be our only realistic target for this year. I really hope he doesn't see the guff some people put on here, he is a good Manager and we would find it very difficult to attract someone 'better' in the eyes of a few OVF moaners

Realistic for me is mid table, to just say staying up will do lacks ambition and belief. yes the likes of wolves and sheff u are miles ahead of us in structure but lets not forget the likes of stevenage, Crewe, Yeovil have made a good impact on this league and goes to show it can be done.

He is putting 70k a month in out of his own pocket and wanted to put another 10k a month in but wasn't allowed to do so,so I think that's putting his hand in his pocket to be fair.

Archived