onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New loan signings

yorky valiant

Permanent Signings this season: Chilvers, tomlin, Birchall, Mohammed, Griff (all bench warmers). Dickinson, Lines, Robertson (Regulars). Please work on your own maths before mocking mine.

We have no injury concerns and he has had the biggest budget for many years....why would we even think about loan signings?

Make no mistake Micky has good management qualities.....But I personally dont think his budget efficiency is one of them.

I must have been imagining that we had Griff, Birchall and Chilvers last season then, so your maths is way out before you start. Tomlin has ben injured so hardly able to call him a bench warmer as he has been in the starting line up, Griff has not started once, so again not a bench warmer so that leaves Mohammed so 1 out of 5 new signings from THIS year even with out a calculator that is 20%..................

Advert

How can the lucky 7 lottery pay out there winners when they only had 750 members in total on there books at the last supporters meeting and cannot give the numbers out for the £10 winners when asked.

we are in lucky 7 with a few other clubs,I think it is run for and by the youth development,which is totally seperate from the football club,so if we had an extra 4000 members i dont think we could spend it on players for the first team.Of course i could be wrong.

There is something fishy about the whole thing.

If you can only spend 60% of your turnover then what is the point of having a mega rich owner like Sheffield Utd have now?

He can hardly splash the cash.

They just have to find a legitimate way for him to put millions into the club..sponsorship, stadium naming rights..anything really that can be classed as 'turnover'

How much money do you realistically expect smurf to put in?.... and still be viable.... he is in for £2,000,000 now.

Its got to pay its own way otherwise we finish up back where we started...

If better players are needed the business has to make more..... ST prices up 50%?.. 75%?... pay on the day up 25%?... reduce the wage bill?... increase pricing across the board 25%-50%?... asking 80% of ST holders to gamble?

Thats what has to happen to stay debt free

There is something fishy about the whole thing.

If you can only spend 60% of your turnover then what is the point of having a mega rich owner like Sheffield Utd have now?

He can hardly splash the cash.

He could say sponsor the shirts for 10m or the ground for 20m,i guess he would get around it like others do.

He could say sponsor the shirts for 10m or the ground for 20m,i guess he would get around it like others do.
But hardly a sustainable business plan and greatly in excess of the needs of keeping a L1 club stable. Building up the club and increasing income streams from the shop, catering, functions, etc. also improving the academy/development performance is the way to go. As long as there is sufficient player budget to consolidate in this league I will be happy, slow and steady growth will do. We are not like Sheff U with a king`s grandson (billionaire?) pouring money in.

Smurf has already suggested trying to get a licence to hold music concerts at Vale Park. The ground has been used before for that sort of thing and I am sure if one is available Robbie Williams could ask Take That to come there and support him. The band wearing Vale Shirts on stage and the shop open - sure they could shift a few shirts no doubt.

Could make some money that way.

But hardly a sustainable business plan and greatly in excess of the needs of keeping a L1 club stable. Building up the club and increasing income streams from the shop, catering, functions, etc. also improving the academy/development performance is the way to go. As long as there is sufficient player budget to consolidate in this league I will be happy, slow and steady growth will do. We are not like Sheff U with a king`s grandson (billionaire?) pouring money in.

I don't think they are after a sustainable business plan as he just wants to get to the Premier as quickly as possible as that's where he will make his money.

I don't think they are after a sustainable business plan as he just wants to get to the Premier as quickly as possible as that's where he will make his money.
Maybe, but their co-owner claims to have spent £60M already. How many Prem clubs make money/profit?

Archived