onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club statement ref Wolves match.

melv

Advert

Maybe they thought it would be safe enough to walk down Hamil as we had been told that the Wolves fans would be kept in after the match if there was trouble.There was trouble so they thought the best idea and safest was to get out of the way ASAP.With that in mind that is what they did and used the Hamil as that was the most direct and would have had more police.

It should be safe to walk down Hamil road whoever we play and along side opposing supporters. You don't get any trouble in rugby league or rugby union with fans from both sides mingling before, during and after matches. The only reason there was trouble was due to the mindless morons who were looking for it.

It should be safe to walk down Hamil road whoever we play and along side opposing supporters. You don't get any trouble in rugby league or rugby union with fans from both sides mingling before, during and after matches. The only reason there was trouble was due to the mindless morons who were looking for it.

Correct.

In which case the police should have kept the Wolves fans behind for a short while as was suggested.

Perhaps Smurf thought that there were no police presence as we were not being charged for any. As RTR says there's always some police involvement a couple from either force.

What's the big deal.

No big deal.My comment about them sneaking in was a sarcastic comment.

So the supporters club received 64 negative comments on the day of the game concerning the police tactics, with more comments since, plus the 6 official complaints. Clearly not the odd 1 or 2 internet warriors having concerns over the policing of this game.

What are the rules for the active use of police dogs? Is it only when someone is armed?

Don't think its only when someone is armed, usually its when a suspect either runs off or is hiding somewhere where it would take several officers a lot of police time to search for them. Just my opinion, i'm no expert.

So the supporters club received 64 negative comments on the day of the game concerning the police tactics, with more comments since, plus the 6 official complaints. Clearly not the odd 1 or 2 internet warriors having concerns over the policing of this game.

I'm not disagreeing that the police got it wrong

I also agree that some people are right to complain

My only worry is that some of those arrested and that received a whack in the process are going to make complaints and potentially "get off" with their actions - I hope not

Archived