onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club statement ref Wolves match.

melv

You need to have lived in Nottingham before comparing it to SoT:)

Personally having followed Vale all over England and having lived in SoT,Sunderland, Lincoln, various parts of London (including Tottenham and Croydon), Bicester and now East Devon I'd put SoT bottom of my list with Sunderland coming close in its [email protected] Devon would be top. The best thing about SoT is the family that I still have there but then they all want to come and stay/live with us in Devon!! :)

You have just summed up my feelings completely. I too moved initially to London, then 2 places in Devon, Lancashire and in the last two years a variety of countries all over the world.

For me i'm proud to go back to see my mum, watch the Vale, see my friends, buy oatcakes and.... very little else.

Its such a shame as growing up i always felt proud at coming from North Staffordshire.

Advert

You need to have lived in Nottingham before comparing it to SoT:)

Personally having followed Vale all over England and having lived in SoT,Sunderland, Lincoln, various parts of London (including Tottenham and Croydon), Bicester and now East Devon I'd put SoT bottom of my list with Sunderland coming close in its [email protected] Devon would be top. The best thing about SoT is the family that I still have there but then they all want to come and stay/live with us in Devon!! :)

Surprised you grace us with your occasional presence !

Incidentally South Devon has to be the worse place i have lived,with regard to the local community.

If keeping the Wolves fans behind is against their human-rights and illegal, then so is making people walk down Hamil Rd when they want to walk up Hamil Rd.

I don't know whether you've noticed but the only way out of the railway paddock is by the control room. Wouldn't it be a good idea to open a substantial exit at the other end of the paddock. This at least would enable decent fans to exit into a safe environment. It would also give the club/ police the option of ferrying everyone through that exit and away from Hamil Road altogether if trouble was anticipated.

Surprised you grace us with your occasional presence !

Incidentally South Devon has to be the worse place i have lived,with regard to the local community.

Well as i live in East Devon I can't really comment on South Devon

It was not a comment on the people but then again if that's the attitude to some critical comment it's not likely to improve is it :)

You have just summed up my feelings completely. I too moved initially to London, then 2 places in Devon, Lancashire and in the last two years a variety of countries all over the world.

For me i'm proud to go back to see my mum, watch the Vale, see my friends, buy oatcakes and.... very little else.

Its such a shame as growing up i always felt proud at coming from North Staffordshire.

It was a fabulous place to grow up and there are stil great things there but it just seems to have only gone backwards and become a bit of a backwater...it's not a place that peiople in other parts of the country talk about nor are really aware of. I think the niceness of the people is one of the downfalls of the place; they ask too little of each other and the place where they live

When I hear my niece and nephew all of home grew up and live in SoT and all in their 30s talking to me about getting out when they find the right job to go to, when the timing is right for their kids etc it really saddens me cos they have rasied familiesd in SOt but see it as a palce that they no longer wish to do so. One niece has already relocated to Market Drayton

I don't really know South Devon..I know some parts of the Hams area but little apart form that. Even here in East Devon there are some really dodgy places such as Honiton, Exmouth, Seaton.

But the people here in Sidmouth made me very very welcome and I made friends who I am still with 10 years later. Plus I met the misssus here...although she is from Droylsden originally :(

It is indeed a sad, sad enditement of society people are unable to do this and use football or the police as an excuse, I wonder what goes through their minds to instigate this with no reason.

How long will it be before significant sanctions are taken against our club for big games some of our 'fans' clearly aren't sensible to cope with. I read some comments on the Facebook Wonder of You page today and I'm frankly embarrased they were written by human beings, some of these people are attempting to blame the police and no-one else to justify the actions of these mindless criminials and in the same posts glorifying goading opposition fans and the police.

Quite simple, no mindless idiots, no trouble.

That page is infested with morons. I saw one person who apparently took from the article that Smurf said "fans who went to the wolves game aren't fans". I think there are two tales to this story. 1 being a number of mindless people who just wish to have a fight on a Saturday afternoon, who as Smurf pointed out aren't real fans. 2 the Staffs Police did a really poor job of controlling a situation that was foreseen long before, and they had taken steps to prevent by erecting a wall. Once it became apparent they had made a huge mistake they attempted to rectify this by being as heavy handed as possible as can be seen by the DailyMail article that was posted earlier.

Where do you live the Maldives!?! sorry Nottingham....am I right in thinking thats got the 1 of the highest levels of knife / gun crime in the uk? You obviously need to go away games like Bradford, Oldham Burnley etc then feel free to slate Stoke on trent

Have you been to Nottingham mate? I'm guessing not, you just seem to remember some of the lazy jounalism of the late 90's when Nottingham got a bit of a bad reputation. I have been to all the places you mention - Bradford, Oldham and Burnley and I would class them all as ****holes. I think unwittingly you just placed Stoke in the same category as them which kind of proves my point.

It gives me no pleasure to say these things, it actually really saddens me but many times I go back 'home' it depresses me - none more so than walking through Burslem town centre at 5pm last Saturday. You can look past the run-down shops and businesses but I couldn't look past the drunk 18-22 year old chav scum trying to start a fight with anything that moved and making racist comments about the apparently bizarre sight of an asian man in a football shirt (Wolves fan obviously, not Vale).

I was looking forward to a trip to Molyneux - not so much now.

I realise the best thing in stoke is the road out but lets try to stay on topic.... if you want to talk about the ups and downs of areas open another thread... Im sure it will be popular.

Can that stuff be moved to another thread so it's possible to see what's relevant?

I realise the best thing in stoke is the road out but lets try to stay on topic.... if you want to talk about the ups and downs of areas open another thread... Im sure it will be popular.

For me though its closely linked to the topic as we have bread an alarming number of chavs, scumbags and idiots who seem to want to destroy the area in this case utilising our club to piggy back their actions on. Racist chanting, smoke bombs, fighting with away supporters and the police, whats next this Saturday........

What amazes me more is how people attempt to make excuses for them, suggest its just life and there is nothing we can do and (on the aforementioned FB page) glorify it.

Its all born from the declining society in which we live and we need to be hard line to prevent it a) happening again and b) god help us getting worse.

For me though its closely linked to the topic as we have bread an alarming number of chavs, scumbags and idiots who seem to want to destroy the area in this case utilising our club to piggy back their actions on. Racist chanting, smoke bombs, fighting with away supporters and the police, whats next this Saturday........

What amazes me more is how people attempt to make excuses for them, suggest its just life and there is nothing we can do and (on the aforementioned FB page) glorify it.

Its all born from the declining society in which we live and we need to be hard line to prevent it a) happening again and b) god help us getting worse.

Closely linked, but rather broad for the scope of this thread, don't you think?

Agreed..part of looking at the issue is a critique of SoT and what's going on in the area socially and part of that is comparing the area to other places that people know well...comparison being a valid means of evaluating SoT and what's going on there

Archived