onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club statement ref Wolves match.

melv

The point about idiots who wanted trouble is constantly overlooked by those who are apologists for total morons who just want to stand and argue and kick against authority.

The drink fuelled/high as kites idiots have no social or moral responsibility,and will drag the club and its reputation into gutter.

the biggest issue I now have is that some of the boozed up idiots are making complaints about how they were treated by the police and are looking for witnesses to back them up

Advert

It saddens me to say this as a Stoke lad born and bred but having not lived in the area for over 15 years I think I may have a better persepective than some on here.

It's NOT a nationwide problem, yes there are a few morons at every club but Vale, some of its fans and to a large degree the city of Stoke on Trent, is still in the last century. We have as high a % of pond scum in our relatively small fanbase as any club I can think of and it's getting worse, whereas generally this is a problem of the past for most football clubs.

The racism, the ******** 18 year old chavs that were trying to cause trouble on saturday and the general sense of nastiness at Vale games, particuarly some away games, is not what football is about in this day and age. Sadly, in many ways the Vale is a symbol of the city today.

I will get shot down for the above I am sure, but some of you on here need to wake up and look beyond the city walls. Stoke generally isn't thought about by the rest of the country as a modern, cosmopolitan, forward-thinking city you know.

However, despite my opinions above, I agree that yes, the police were inept and heavy handed, however, it wasn't them that CAUSED the trouble. Like it or not it was ********s who have attached themselves to Vale.

not by me you wont !

I'm born and bred in Stoke and agree with everything you say, our city is home to some of the nicest people in the country as well as some of the lowest of the low

I honestly don't care when the fans were let out. If people can't behave themselves because they are near other supporters then that's their fault for being idiots.

In one. It has nothing to do with who was there etc- you just don't behave that way in any situation

the biggest issue I now have is that some of the boozed up idiots are making complaints about how they were treated by the police and are looking for witnesses to back them up

I was dying for a pee just before half time on saturday so unusually for me I went to the Paddock bogs 5mins before the half time whistle. When I walked round the corner I was amazed to see at least 200 people already by the tea bar drinking their bottles of Carlsberg with another 1-200 queuing up to get theirs. £22 is a lot of money to pay in order to stand round the corner drinking cat ****.

I was dying for a pee just before half time on saturday so unusually for me I went to the Paddock bogs 5mins before the half time whistle. When I walked round the corner I was amazed to see at least 200 people already by the tea bar drinking their bottles of Carlsberg with another 1-200 queuing up to get theirs. £22 is a lot of money to pay in order to stand round the corner drinking cat ****.

I even saw one bloke with a pie!

It saddens me to say this as a Stoke lad born and bred but having not lived in the area for over 15 years I think I may have a better persepective than some on here.

It's NOT a nationwide problem, yes there are a few morons at every club but Vale, some of its fans and to a large degree the city of Stoke on Trent, is still in the last century. We have as high a % of pond scum in our relatively small fanbase as any club I can think of and it's getting worse, whereas generally this is a problem of the past for most football clubs.

The racism, the ******** 18 year old chavs that were trying to cause trouble on saturday and the general sense of nastiness at Vale games, particuarly some away games, is not what football is about in this day and age. Sadly, in many ways the Vale is a symbol of the city today.

I will get shot down for the above I am sure, but some of you on here need to wake up and look beyond the city walls. Stoke generally isn't thought about by the rest of the country as a modern, cosmopolitan, forward-thinking city you know.

However, despite my opinions above, I agree that yes, the police were inept and heavy handed, however, it wasn't them that CAUSED the trouble. Like it or not it was ********s who have attached themselves to Vale.

Where do you live the Maldives!?! sorry Nottingham....am I right in thinking thats got the 1 of the highest levels of knife / gun crime in the uk? You obviously need to go away games like Bradford, Oldham Burnley etc then feel free to slate Stoke on trent

Where do you live the Maldives!?! sorry Nottingham....am I right in thinking thats got the 1 of the highest levels of knife / gun crime in the uk? You obviously need to go away games like Bradford, Oldham Burnley etc then feel free to slate Stoke on trent

Bradford is a much nicer city than Stoke, by far!

And again, just because there are places that you consider worse does not make it ok.

The police were some of the problem, the idiots were most of the problem. I feel For people with genuine complaints about there treatment from the police as the bell ends that are now trying to justify there actions by blaming the police are making it more difficult for you.

It's easier to blame others than to actually put your hand up and say "yes I was a bit of a ****"

You need to have lived in Nottingham before comparing it to SoT:)

Personally having followed Vale all over England and having lived in SoT,Sunderland, Lincoln, various parts of London (including Tottenham and Croydon), Bicester and now East Devon I'd put SoT bottom of my list with Sunderland coming close in its [email protected] Devon would be top. The best thing about SoT is the family that I still have there but then they all want to come and stay/live with us in Devon!! :)

First post for a long time but having read this thread I was so annoyed, I decided I need to post.

Anyone blaming the Police for Saturday's trouble is wrong and totally out of order. Yes they may have been heavy handed, yes they may have been mob handed but if it wasn't for the pathetic Chav scum that gather on Hamil Road after every match looking for trouble they wouldn't have needed to be.

This has been coming for a long time with the same faces gathering after every match. I have raised the issue in the past and been shot down for it being told its 'normal' and that I need to 'man up'. Well its not normal, its not acceptable and from the vast majority its not wanted so stop defending it. I watch a lot of Rugby at Leicester Tigers as well as football at Vale and I can tell you now, you get no trouble there with rival fans sitting next to each other and supping a pint or five throughout the match. The more people condone this and excuse it the worse it will get and I for one am embarrassed to be associated with these scum through the club.

I applaud Smurfs stance and back him 100% - the moral majority should not condone the behaviour of the immoral few and most. For every person who was innocently caught up in the actions of the Police, I believe there were many more caught up in the actions of the vile and thick minority who cause trouble at Vale games. A friend of mine took his 8 year old daughter and after beign caught up in fist fights, thrown bottles and other such behaviour, she was in tears and doesn't want to go again.

Hang your heads in shame.

Archived