onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club statement ref Wolves match.

melv

Advert

I'm not disagreeing that the police got it wrong

I also agree that some people are right to complain

My only worry is that some of those arrested and that received a whack in the process are going to make complaints and potentially "get off" with their actions - I hope not

100% agreed.

Doubtless some of those complainants will be those seen walking through Police lines etc.

Lets hope justice prevails, for the completely innocent bystanders.

how can it be an independent investigation when it is carried out by one of their own' date=' albeit from a different police force[/quote']

Independent in the eyes of the police usually means being investigated by other police [not involved in the incident or connected to the force involved]. This as we know from history doesnt work or at the very least is open to abuse by the force as a whole.... a simple question.... would an officer give evidence/statements that incriminates a fellow officer from the force he works for?.... the answer makes the independence irrelevant.

I'm not disagreeing that the police got it wrong

I also agree that some people are right to complain

My only worry is that some of those arrested and that received a whack in the process are going to make complaints and potentially "get off" with their actions - I hope not

100% agreed.

Doubtless some of those complainants will be those seen walking through Police lines etc.

Lets hope justice prevails, for the completely innocent bystanders.

Anyone bitten by a police dog has the absolute right to complain.

The circumstances surrounding the possible assault will/should only be considered to determine if an offence by the controlling officer/dog has been committed.

Everyone, in the eyes of the law, is innocent until a court of law says otherwise... no matter what the police may think... and even if someone is found guilty of a crime they are still entitled to the same protections the law offers everyone else.

Im surprised at REP.... you dont like apologists for racial abuse, hooliganism, flair setter offers etc but you lean that way yourself with the police...

Did you see in the Sentinel where that guy who made the national press stated he was in 'constant pain'. Coincidence I think not.

I noticed that the injury solicitors/lawyers stuck their oar in at the bottom of that list. :rolleyes:

The only thing I noticed at the bottom of the article re lawyers was "ask a lawyer". The lawyer in question may not be an injury lawyer but someone who can give assistance about an area of law if asked... a bit like ask jeeves or the CAB.

The other thing I noticed was that it referred to american law [4th amendment] which could be significantly different to english law.

Did you see in the Sentinel where that guy who made the national press stated he was in 'constant pain'. Coincidence I think not.

Coincidence, I too think not, have you seen the size of the hole in that guys arm? I personally know someone who was bitten by a police dog[not football related] he spent 2 weeks in hospital, when he had a shower in hospital, his leg filled up with water.

Its not a trifling thing been had by a cop dog.

Im surprised at REP.... you dont like apologists for racial abuse, hooliganism, flair setter offers etc but you lean that way yourself with the police...

Read my comment again Geo, I stated I hope justices prevails, for the completely innocent bystanders, it beggars beleif that could possibly mean anything other than what it says.

For those who are not innocent I fail to understand why they should have the right to complain as its hardly like the dogs and police were waiting in the bushes to catch them is it?

The circumstances surrounding the possible assault will/should only be considered to determine if an offence by the controlling officer/dog has been committed.

Everyone, in the eyes of the law, is innocent until a court of law says otherwise... no matter what the police may think... and even if someone is found guilty of a crime they are still entitled to the same protections the law offers everyone else.

Top point.

REP needs to get of his high horse. He makes himself look ridiculous.

some people are feeling hard done to, some people have convinced themselves that they are innocent - from what I witnessed every single person that had a confrontation with the police deserved what they got

But some who did not want a confrontation got something that they did not deserve

I dont disagree

The point I'm trying to make (badly) is that 99% of the vale fans (and wolves) behaved impeccably

1% were total *****

some fans were treated awfully by the police - I hope every one of them wins their complaints

some fans got what they deserved - I hope they get life bans

some of the fans getting what they deserved are now jumping on the "we were harshly treated guv'nor" band wagon - if these get off with it I'll be genuinley gutted

I dont disagree

The point I'm trying to make (badly) is that 99% of the vale fans (and wolves) behaved impeccably

1% were total *****

some fans were treated awfully by the police - I hope every one of them wins their complaints

some fans got what they deserved - I hope they get life bans

some of the fans getting what they deserved are now jumping on the "we were harshly treated guv'nor" band wagon - if these get off with it I'll be genuinley gutted

Conna disagree with any of that :)

Archived