onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club statement ref Wolves match.

melv

Advert

I dont disagree

The point I'm trying to make (badly) is that 99% of the vale fans (and wolves) behaved impeccably

1% were total *****

some fans were treated awfully by the police - I hope every one of them wins their complaints

some fans got what they deserved - I hope they get life bans

some of the fans getting what they deserved are now jumping on the "we were harshly treated guv'nor" band wagon - if these get off with it I'll be genuinley gutted

Post of the day and sums up what I was trying to say (equally as badly it seems) :)

- I genuinely believe the police allowed this to happen. Like at the Bradford game, the chavs chanting at the front by the police-box were allowed to do it. They were the easiest arrest/ban a copper could have. Things escalate when not dealt with properly.

The Wolves game saw a lot of chavs who 90% could of been done on a public order offences. If the Police grab them, nick them and get the others - everyone will just run off. Instead of fighting with fans arrest them, that puts the police on the same level as the idiots to me as at the end of the day police have power and weapons over the normal fan which was totally abused at the game.

I saw countless police with no-badge numbers on. video's have been taken down from the internet. the fact a statement was made so soon after the game shows they know they messed up.

I advise anyone to press hard and get compensation from the police. They came to that game knowing they were on a big earner. They allowed more and more disorder by not arresting anyone as if banned from football that police force will get bonus' from the home office! They would rather it kick off and watch the cctv after to get more people, than nip-it in the bud with 5-6 arrests.

Not saying its not the muppets who want a fight at all - they are a contributing factor to all this but the police's job is to protect its investor (tax-payer) against wolves idiots and Vale idiots. I am angry the police have not come out an apologised to all the innocent, decent, hard-working law-abiding Vale fans who got caught up in it all. They let them down.

The law is blind.... it applies to everyone... no matter what they may have done.... thats the justice system... including the police.

If someone has committed an offence they are still entitled to the protections offered to the people who dont commit offences... even if they are committing offences when the dog attacks.... if the attack isnt justifiable the police handler is in the wrong.

I would have thought the last thing anyone would want to see is police deciding punishment... because to decide punishment you first have to decide guilt... thats not the domain of the police and never should be... its a dangerous place to want to be.

valetillidye ... what they deserve?... until they are convicted they deserve the same as everyone else.

REP...."Did you see in the Sentinel where that guy who made the national press stated he was in 'constant pain'. Coincidence I think not."... do you think its not possibly related?.... that someone with a hole ripped in his arm by a dog would be in pain? Probably a lump of skin and muscle torn out?.... of course its not a coincidence... it bladdy hurts... its not like dropping a keyboard on your foot, even if your foot happened to be in your mouth at the time.

Sounds to me as if he's intent on milking the system. He should go the whole hog and submit a claim for whiplash injuries!!

So if it were you that was an innocent victim of this dog attack leaving you with a chunk of your arm missing, and needing 20 stitches, you wouldn't pursue a claim for compensation. Have I got that right?

Decent story. Feel proper sorry for the youth. The police are always the ones who are most up for it these days. That's a fact. All-be-it, there are still some people totally intent on having a scrap at football matches, but compared to the old days its all handbags. A few punches, a push and maybe a shove.. bounce around on the spot waiting for someone to shout 'Police', or the Police arrive and they ALWAYS just run off.

Anyone else notice Bristol City - Bristol Rovers, there were no police dogs used for a fierce rival game. Apparently 150-200 City fans were trying to get at the Rovers fans and the report says 'Police dogs were on stand-by'.

Newcastle - Sunderland (Game where that clown punches the horse) - No police dogs used.

Bury - Rochdale (Just gone) - Sell out crowd & no police dogs used.

(Could name a lot more)

I know people who've had dealings with police at football for literally being in the wrong place, at the wrong time. The police elaborate falsely on evidence. Police dogs are not for crowds of 4000 people in an enclosed area such as Hamil Rd. They are for catching people legging it through the country-side or in pitch black.

Some justice needs to come of our Police as TOO OFTEN are there examples of brutality & nothing is done from it. Perhaps most people wouldn't resent the Police if they did a job for the decent people. There are video's of this game we played against Wolves where its obvious the coppers are letting the dogs on a slack lead attack anyone infront of them.

People will surely say, 'if your turned facing the police then you deserve it'... well to you I say, wait till one of your own is on the wrong end of police treatment and see if you will run off and go the long way round!!! Trouble was EASILY preventable that day, a brain-dead goldfish could of organise an operation better. Staffs plod have missed out on YEARS of £££ from Port Vale. The first game that another club brings 4500-5000 with a high hooligan risk they **** it right up, cash in bigtime and make lies up afterwards. Not happy!!!

Totally agree, sums up my feelings completely.

Don't think he could / should have said anything else.

Its now down to the Police to investigate any wrong doing and charge those who are culpable with the aid of CCTV.

The issue is that they will cover up there incompetent Police Officers.... the whole day was set up for trouble by the Police to get trouble and rip the club off with the police bill!!! Smurf is so weak its frustratingly obvious to the none blinkered Port Vale Fans.....

The day was spoilt by the Police planning and trouble prevention which in practice there wasn't any policing just uniformed trouble inciters and I belief under cover officers planted to start the trouble!!!!

The issue is that they will cover up there incompetent Police Officers.... the whole day was set up for trouble by the Police to get trouble and rip the club off with the police bill!!! Smurf is so weak its frustratingly obvious to the none blinkered Port Vale Fans.....

The day was spoilt by the Police planning and trouble prevention which in practice there wasn't any policing just uniformed trouble inciters and I belief under cover officers planted to start the trouble!!!!

yeah - it was the undercover mob from West Midlands Police who were fighting with the plain clothes lads from Staffordshire Police, and to be honest there wasn't any trouble at all until that uniformed bloke let his dog bite that fellah from their police station who nobody really likes.

So you are really suggesting the Police started the trouble, wow thats the craziest post I have heard on the matter! :doh:

Archived