onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club statement ref Wolves match.

melv

Advert

What a load of crap. Well done Smurf, you've allowed yourself to believe the utter fabricated story from Saturday's proceedings just to cover your own skin. What you should've done is fight your fans corners to show the authorities that you're not willing to accept the trouble was purely down to 'violent' Port Vale supporters.

Feel let down with that statement. It's like he hasn't got the bottle to get justice for those innocent fans caught up in the incidents, who have suffered injuries from dog attacks and aggressiveness from the heavy-handed and disorganised policing at Saturday's game.

So if the reason for the steel wall was to keep rival fan's apart.Then why let the visiting fan's out right after the game?

What is the police answer to that.Considering there was trouble before the game and Wolves fans thrown out during the game,smoke bombs let off.Tensions were high?

Sounds fair enough to me. He thanked fans who weren't idiots. Those who are idiots don't deserve any support.

Prevented from getting close to visiting supporters.

This is not a true statement for a start as both sets of fans were let out at the same time so they were not prevented of getting close.Who has penned that statement the police or Lodey?

Sounds fair enough to me. He thanked fans who weren't idiots. Those who are idiots don't deserve any support.

Totally agree, sums up my feelings completely.

Don't think he could / should have said anything else.

Its now down to the Police to investigate any wrong doing and charge those who are culpable with the aid of CCTV.

What a load of crap. Well done Smurf, you've allowed yourself to believe the utter fabricated story from Saturday's proceedings just to cover your own skin. What you should've done is fight your fans corners to show the authorities that you're not willing to accept the trouble was purely down to 'violent' Port Vale supporters.

Feel let down with that statement. It's like he hasn't got the bottle to get justice for those innocent fans caught up in the incidents, who have suffered injuries from dog attacks and aggressiveness from the heavy-handed and disorganised policing at Saturday's game.

It isn't up to him to get justice for 'those innocent fans caught up the incidents'. These 'innocents' will no doubt pursue their own complaints against the police with the support of those who witnessed the incidents. Why should Smurf need to get involved.

Totally agree, sums up my feelings completely.

Don't think he could / should have said anything else.

Its now down to the Police to investigate any wrong doing and charge those who are culpable with the aid of CCTV.

:doh::doh:

Why no statement saying why the Wolves fans were let out at the same time as Vale fan's.When we were told that the police would consider keeping them in if there was a need to do so.Remember fighting BEFORE the game.Wolves fan's thrown out during the game.Tensions high?

:doh::doh:

Why no statement saying why the Wolves fans were let out at the same time as Vale fan's.When we were told that the police would consider keeping them in if there was a need to do so.Remember fighting BEFORE the game.Wolves fan's thrown out during the game.Tensions high?

I honestly don't care when the fans were let out. If people can't behave themselves because they are near other supporters then that's their fault for being idiots.

"Port Vale Chairman, Norman Smurthwaite, along with club officials has met with senior officers from Staffordshire Police".

And therein lies the problem. Norman and said officials are unlikely to have been present on Hamil Rd during the trouble - and as such can't really have any valid input. If all they have seen are Police videos, it's fair to assume that the camera was pointing away from those officers and animals who were out of control.

Any chance of a word from the innocent fans caught up in this? No, thought not.

I can't help thinking that Norm has had his inexperience exploited twice here - in going with the idea of the pointless wall, and swallowing without question what the police have told him.

I honestly don't care when the fans were let out. If people can't behave themselves because they are near other supporters then that's their fault for being idiots.

Its a shame that some can't do so.But its a fact that this sort of stuff happens and was predicted.The fact is police got it wrong which escalated the problems.

As for my self and two other mates we walked straight down to town and straight into the pub.

Totally agree.The way in which the police controlled the event is a red herring. The fact is that there was a group of thugs who were intent on fighting Wolves fans. Maybe the police could have prevented some of it from happening but I suspect that it would have happened anyway to some degree or other.

Archived