onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club statement ref Wolves match.

melv

Agreed..part of looking at the issue is a critique of SoT and what's going on in the area socially and part of that is comparing the area to other places that people know well...comparison being a valid means of evaluating SoT and what's going on there

So meeting your missis in west devon is relevant?:rolleyes:

The topic is about the statement.... you cant identify all idiots by local/class/background etc.... on any friday/saturday night the country is plagued with idiots... rich/poor/well educated/deprived and a multitude of variants in between

Advert

Yes as coming ffrom Mancester, then living in Exeter and now knowing something of SoT she can give yet another perspective on SoT :rolleyes: ;) And it was East Devon..get it right :razz:

The topic is about the statement.... you cant identify all idiots by local/class/background etc.... on any friday/saturday night the country is plagued with idiots... rich/poor/well educated/deprived and a multitude of variants in between

Indeed it is but by learning of experiences of people in other areas, what's happening in SoT can be compared and contrasted (A Level social studies question, 1984) :)

I would argue it's as relevant as many of your contributions. The point is that people are saying 'get over it, this happens everywhere'. A fair number of people seem to agree that it doesn't, it is a problem not specific to Stoke but more significant in Stoke than everywhere else. In relation to your post, there IS a higher concentration of idiots in Stoke.

So if the reason for the steel wall was to keep rival fan's apart.Then why let the visiting fan's out right after the game?

What is the police answer to that.Considering there was trouble before the game and Wolves fans thrown out during the game,smoke bombs let off.Tensions were high?

I think that someone at another ground sued the police for keeping them 'falsely imprisoned' after a game. In which case, that is why the police wouldn't use that option.

Yes as coming ffrom Mancester, then living in Exeter and now knowing something of SoT she can give yet another perspective on SoT :rolleyes: ;) And it was East Devon..get it right :razz:

Indeed it is but by learning of experiences of people in other areas, what's happening in SoT can be compared and contrasted (A Level social studies question, 1984) :)

Sorry..... its all the same to me....:doh:

I dont disagree but as its so large an issue dont you think its worth a thread of its own?... wont mixing it with police action/inaction and club statements regarding the general issue devalue it?

It's worth this thread AND a thread of its own :) But I'm happy to start a new thread on the merits of SoT compared to and contrasted with other places :)

I would never associate with a girl from West Devon...would be like "having a relationship" with a gorilla (© The man with two Brains)

I would argue it's as relevant as many of your contributions. The point is that people are saying 'get over it, this happens everywhere'. A fair number of people seem to agree that it doesn't, it is a problem not specific to Stoke but more significant in Stoke than everywhere else. In relation to your post, there IS a higher concentration of idiots in Stoke.

Are you talking about football idiots or idiots in general? How many idiots are arrested in city centers all over the country because they are fueled by booze and ready to fight?..... Im not suggesting it isnt relevant or shouldnt be discussed Im suggesting its a huge area of discussion and deserves a thread of its own instead of over complicating an existing thread.

I think that someone at another ground sued the police for keeping them 'falsely imprisoned' after a game. In which case, that is why the police wouldn't use that option.

So why were we told at the SC meeting that the police would consider this as an option?

They didn't need to keep them in the ground.Just on the car park,and off Hamil road.

So why were we told at the SC meeting that the police would consider this as an option?

They didn't need to keep them in the ground.Just on the car park,and off Hamil road.

Public safety must come first. There will be times when keeping people away from danger or avoiding conflict is proper, and would not produce a legal repercussion. Equally there will times when it is not or the period is excessive. Thus a question of judgement by the police management.

Have you been to Nottingham mate? I'm guessing not, you just seem to remember some of the lazy jounalism of the late 90's when Nottingham got a bit of a bad reputation. I have been to all the places you mention - Bradford, Oldham and Burnley and I would class them all as ****holes. I think unwittingly you just placed Stoke in the same category as them which kind of proves my point.

It gives me no pleasure to say these things, it actually really saddens me but many times I go back 'home' it depresses me - none more so than walking through Burslem town centre at 5pm last Saturday. You can look past the run-down shops and businesses but I couldn't look past the drunk 18-22 year old chav scum trying to start a fight with anything that moved and making racist comments about the apparently bizarre sight of an asian man in a football shirt (Wolves fan obviously, not Vale).

I was looking forward to a trip to Molyneux - not so much now.

Mate can you tell me what a usual chant is when Notts forest play Leicester and I think it was in the national papees? What do they call derby fans aswell?? Nuff said. its all about opinion granted but statistics dont support what ur saying. Location is everything for me and being only a 25min drive from the roaches and an hour from any 4 airports gives stoke the thumbs up from me anyways

For what this is worth, in April 2012, I went to the Etihad Stadium to watch Man City play West Brom. Not too many Albion fans there, and no hint of any trouble. After the final whistle, Albion fans were allowed to file out of the ground into a "holding" area outside. Incidentally, this wasn't a "Great Wall of Burslem" monstrosity as witnessed at Vale Park on Saturday. Ten minutes elapsed to allow the City fans to disperse, and hey presto, Albion fans were allowed to go on their way.

Something similar could/should have happened on Saturday, thus preventing the ugly scenes that followed. The police would then have been better utilised in identifying the "Vale" idiots who were hanging around the bottom end of Hamil Road looking for trouble and moving them on, rather than just ploughing in regardless of who was in the vicinity.

But, apart from the odd speeding fine, I am just an ordinary law abiding citizen, not a true professional, so what do I know!!!

I'm really trying to keep away from all this but obviously failing! As I've said before I'm not defending the boils on the backside of humanity who wanted trouble but I feel that the strategic command of the police was rubbish and our club has given them carte Blanche to do as they wish and we will pick up the cost.

Talking to Forest fans they can't believe what the police did and it doesn't happen often. So what was the reason and the excuse?

For what this is worth, in April 2012, I went to the Etihad Stadium to watch Man City play West Brom. Not too many Albion fans there, and no hint of any trouble. After the final whistle, Albion fans were allowed to file out of the ground into a "holding" area outside. Incidentally, this wasn't a "Great Wall of Burslem" monstrosity as witnessed at Vale Park on Saturday. Ten minutes elapsed to allow the City fans to disperse, and hey presto, Albion fans were allowed to go on their way.

Something similar could/should have happened on Saturday, thus preventing the ugly scenes that followed. The police would then have been better utilised in identifying the "Vale" idiots who were hanging around the bottom end of Hamil Road looking for trouble and moving them on, rather than just ploughing in regardless of who was in the vicinity.

But, apart from the odd speeding fine, I am just an ordinary law abiding citizen, not a true professional, so what do I know!!!

Bob on the police should have kept the fans back for twenty minutes ....they wouldn't have been able to fight themselves...it was the police's fault no one else

Lets see what happens with Coventry shall we I'll bet they are kept behind!!

I'm really trying to keep away from all this but obviously failing! As I've said before I'm not defending the boils on the backside of humanity who wanted trouble but I feel that the strategic command of the police was rubbish and our club has given them carte Blanche to do as they wish and we will pick up the cost.

Talking to Forest fans they can't believe what the police did and it doesn't happen often. So what was the reason and the excuse?

Probably still working to find their reason and excuse calling it their investigation,debrief.

So we just accept it do we' date=' like the [b']police behaviour[/b]? What a truly awful world that would be for the majority of law obiding citizens.

If we just accept filth like this then there is only one thing for certain, society will degenerate at an even quicker rate and we will be no better than the lowest form of pond life ultimately, anarchy will rule.

I can't believe anyone thinks 'thats life, just put up with it'. Its a sad and sickening outlook on life for me.

Read it back to yourself. If someone had posted that as a counter-argument to you wouldn't you think they were a bit over the top?

Archived