onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club statement ref Wolves match.

melv

Its not the best statement Ive read but given the circumstances Im not surprised it doesnt take a stand on certain issues. I doubt the meeting was called to discuss possible offences by the police but more along the lines of what was done in relation to what could be done in the future. Smurf says that they were presented with evidence, he doesnt say they were presented with ALL the evidence and that is a key point. No one can argue that the day was marred by idiots it just seems that some wont/cant accept that some of the idiots could possibly be wearing blue uniforms, this nonacceptance is usually lead by.... people wearing blue uniforms.

We all know that the police [on occasion and not all] change/alter statements, we all know that the police tend to defend their own with a passion, we all must realise that these paragons of virtue are susceptible to the same failings as the rest of society yet in the main we blindly follow the premiss that the police are right and everyone else is wrong, perhaps because as children we are told... respect the police, respect the law.

After hilsborough... and Im not making comparisons..... it came to light that the police changed/rewrote several statements made by police officers [and others?] to change facts about the incident... how many officers came forward and said "hang on.. thats not what I stated to be correct"? How many officers came forward publicly and criticised the force?

We can legitimately ask do the police change/doctor/alter/edit evidence to prove what they want to show and if the answer leans towards yes then we have to ask can we trust the police in circumstances that may show them in a bad light.

The police didnt make the idiots idiots but perhaps their actions contributed to the fact that they were able to act like idiots on the day and by their infective action caused others [not idiots] to be put at risk and harmed.

Would I trust the police to reveal all CCTV footage, no.

Do I expect them to take action against officers who covered their numbers, no.

Do I expect action to be taken against any officers or for the police to admit any failings, no

As some apologists would say.... "it happens everywhere... get over it"

As I would possibly say.... dont fight a war you cant win... and at the present time smurf cant win so he makes a none committal statement... what else would you expect him to do?

Advert

Says the man who blindly supported the people who nearly destroyed our club.

I dont think that is factually correct... didnt scoob remove all his equipment because he couldnt/didnt trust them?

To be fair.... initially most supporters thought bratt and co were the dogs danglers, it was only after time that the number dwindled and serious issues were raised but even then protesters were abused for daring to question... eventually.... when it was obvious, even to the ones blinded by faith, that not all was well most [certainly not all] turned against them.

I dont think that is factually correct... didnt scoob remove all his equipment because he couldnt/didnt trust them?

To be fair.... initially most supporters thought bratt and co were the dogs danglers, it was only after time that the number dwindled and serious issues were raised but even then protesters were abused for daring to question... eventually.... when it was obvious, even to the ones blinded by faith, that not all was well most [certainly not all] turned against them.

Once mar mate bill had gone. So like I said, blindly supported the people who nearly destroyed our club.

In the video toward the end the fan who's been in the national press for being bitten, is quite clearly asking the police for assistance and just getting pushed away. Even though its clear to see he is bleeding and in need of assistance. Don't know if he was an innocent bystander or the ring leader, as I wasn't there but he should have been given assistance not shoved out of the way.

It coul have been a different incident but the guy I saw bit was an idiot

Why did the police demand the 'iron curtain' then allow Wolves fans to spill out into the street slap bang into the fans that the police wanted them segregated from????? Whoever allowed this to happen has much to answer.

We know that all clubs have a hooligan element that's why they should be kept apart. So why weren't they?

Easier said than done. With the home fans streaming out of the railway paddock and the away fans spilling out of the Hamil end the flash point is inevitably going to be on Hamil Road. No amount of police could prevent these two violent factions confronting each other and some innocent fans being 'sucked in' despite their best efforts to avoid it. The only answer is to keep the away fans back, but as we have heard, this may be illegal or, more realistically,find a means of ferrying all home fans towards the Bycars end and away from Hamil Road.

Once mar mate bill had gone. So like I said, blindly supported the people who nearly destroyed our club.

I cant remember the sequence of events mate, Im getting old [cough cough] Things still stick in my memory but not necessarily in order.

I do realise however that to castigate someone you have come to trust isnt easy, I think thats why so many took so long to accept what was happening... so many wanted to believe they couldnt bring themselves to doubt.

I bow to your superior memory :notworthy:

Easier said than done. With the home fans streaming out of the railway paddock and the away fans spilling out of the Hamil end the flash point is inevitably going to be on Hamil Road. No amount of police could prevent these two violent factions confronting each other and some innocent fans being 'sucked in' despite their best efforts to avoid it. The only answer is to keep the away fans back, but as we have heard, this may be illegal or, more realistically,find a means of ferrying all home fans towards the Bycars end and away from Hamil Road.

If keeping the Wolves fans behind is against their human-rights and illegal, then so is making people walk down Hamil Rd when they want to walk up Hamil Rd.

Me personally i would have walked the other way round the Railway stand as i did when i used to sit in that stand to the corner of the family stand, round the back of Discount Giant and that way into Burslem.

I always used to do that in the 90's and early 2000's as i used to attend the games with my girlfriend.

You WOULD have walked the other way?

So did you actually walk the other way?Did you know that the police were going to let the Wolves fans out and that is why you walked the other way?

Can melv and co get it into their heads that no one is saying its only vale who has these issues, and no one is blaming the innocent fans either. If you have to make things up then what's the point talking about it.

What have I made up???

Archived