onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club statement ref Wolves match.

melv

Seems like Bristol city v Bristol rovers hasn't gone off too well either tonight nearly 18000 fans in the ground and a pitch invasion turns sour

Go on the city forums and there is a repeat of fans condemning their own fans on the forums we,ll have to send some of our upstanding citizens to sort them out!!

It's a society problem and as I've said earlier it happens up and down the country ....wonder if they had a wall and let all the fans out at the same time?

You must be wrong there carpetman, everyone knows trouble at a football match is exclusive to vp.

Advert

Have a look at this video,look close at around 30 - 40 seconds.Copper screams move then with both hands on his truncheon smacks someone with it.Where could this guy have gone,did this guy know 100% that the copper was talking to him,could have been talking(screaming to anyone of about 30 people?

Someone else spotted this and pointed it out elsewhere.

Or he could have been like me, almost deaf.

The road was jam packed.A police bike parked across the road near the fire station,near the bend and where the road narrows.This created a bottle neck that police and their dogs forced people through.Add to that,that 3 or 4 police cars left the cop shop on blues and twos.Why were these extra police not already in place?

when me and the mrs walked past the police bike well ahead of the main group of fans making their way down Hamilton rd a couple of Vale fans actually commented to the Motorcycle police officer that he should move the bike because of the amount of fans on their way down. his answer was I can park it where I like. he may be able to park it across the road but it wasn't very sensible to block the path of so many people, surely?

when me and the mrs walked past the police bike well ahead of the main group of fans making their way down Hamilton rd a couple of Vale fans actually commented to the Motorcycle police officer that he should move the bike because of the amount of fans on their way down. his answer was I can park it where I like. he may be able to park it across the road but it wasn't very sensible to block the path of so many people, surely?

Typical of their arrogance.But why park the bike like that and cause a bigger obstruction?

Seems like Bristol city v Bristol rovers hasn't gone off too well either tonight nearly 18000 fans in the ground and a pitch invasion turns sour

Go on the city forums and there is a repeat of fans condemning their own fans on the forums we,ll have to send some of our upstanding citizens to sort them out!!

It's a society problem and as I've said earlier it happens up and down the country ....wonder if they had a wall and let all the fans out at the same time?

I was there and there wasn't too much trouble, police handled it so much better than the staffs police on Saturday. Pitch invasions going on throughout the game but a softer approach from the police seemed to work better with hardly any arrests or fighting between fans. Pitch invasion at the end was more celebratory than aggressive.

I find it interesting when the police use a phrase like "they acted ‘robustly’ ". It's rather like the sort of verbage politicians use to spin what they really mean but don't want to say.

Good point.

Wonder if this copper will be identified?

The copper shouts move, the bloke puts his hands up and walks the other way. The copper then walks after him just so he can full on push him with his cosh.

The bloke is just walking. The copper uses far more than justifiable force imo. Will anything happen to the copper? Will it ****.

Me and my lady managed to get out of all the chaos and walk behind. It seemed to me like the coppers were bullying innocent football fans to let a bit of steam off. The Vale *** heads were at the front of the group, they just got ran into town, while most 'normal' fans seemed to get the backlash off the police.

I have tried my best to keep my opinions on this but sorry there are so many people wide of the common sense mark its hard not to laugh.

You are an adult you have choice in your life, do I a walk down a road where I know there might be trouble or wait a while and let things blow over?

There is a police dog close to me, barking a lot and looking a bit miffed do I walk past it or keep out of the way?

A bloke I have no connection with apart form supporting the same team has just being lifted by the plod (For basically being a ****), do I jump up and down stamp my feet and puff my chest out and threated the plod or think if I do that I will get lifted as well?

Yes the plod messed up, yes Vale have a some ****s who like a scrap, as do Wolves and one or two other teams, yes as ever the club are quite crap at handling things that they are not used to. All of which are wrong and need addressing.

Did anyone really have things that were that important to do that they need to walk down The Hamil Road at that time?

And yes I did walk down at that time, I am trying to think the last time I was that scared. On the whole scale of scared, not a lot, but look where I live these days ;)

The copper shouts move, the bloke puts his hands up and walks the other way. The copper then walks after him just so he can full on push him with his cosh.

The bloke is just walking. The copper uses far more than justifiable force imo. Will anything happen to the copper? Will it ****.

Me and my lady managed to get out of all the chaos and walk behind. It seemed to me like the coppers were bullying innocent football fans to let a bit of steam off. The Vale *** heads were at the front of the group, they just got ran into town, while most 'normal' fans seemed to get the backlash off the police.

No doubt Robbie Earls Perm will disagree with that statement.

I have tried my best to keep my opinions on this but sorry there are so many people wide of the common sense mark its hard not to laugh.

You are an adult you have choice in your life, do I a walk down a road where I know there might be trouble or wait a while and let things blow over?

There is a police dog close to me, barking a lot and looking a bit miffed do I walk past it or keep out of the way?

A bloke I have no connection with apart form supporting the same team has just being lifted by the plod (For basically being a ****), do I jump up and down stamp my feet and puff my chest out and threated the plod or think if I do that I will get lifted as well?

Yes the plod messed up, yes Vale have a some ****s who like a scrap, as do Wolves and one or two other teams, yes as ever the club are quite crap at handling things that they are not used to. All of which are wrong and need addressing.

Did anyone really have things that were that important to do that they need to walk down The Hamil Road at that time?

And yes I did walk down at that time, I am trying to think the last time I was that scared. On the whole scale of scared, not a lot, but look where I live these days ;)

Well given that a police dog is only supposed to attack on command.

No doubt Robbie Earls Perm will disagree with that statement.

I've noticed that most people supporting the police and blaming the fans either didn't go to the game or weren't on Hamil road when all this happened.

Don't get me wrong there were alot of **** heads about, but a lot of innocent fans were hit/bit just because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Archived