onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club statement ref Wolves match.

melv

Raf Vale I can't quite see the logic of your post here.

My logic is, no one had to walk down The Hamil Road at that particular time. I did and was happy to take the responsibility for my actions

Would anyone purposely put themselves in a position that they could not get themselves out of.

Advert

Where on earth have i suggested bashing innocent people is ok? Please do point it out or take it back...

People either need to learn to read or stay off the haribo.

That said i would never / have never attempted to walk through a baying mob, cross a police line or walk so close to police dogs, thats my choice. I would always avoid it personally, others can do as they see fit.

My point through all of this is that i personally like many others support Smurf's statement and the bottom line is no trouble makers, no trouble.

Oh and for the record i've been a completely innocent indirect victim of possibly the most heanous crimes a human can commit, most people can be victims of crime directly or indirectly in their lives sadly.

Appologies, I take it back. Looking back i'm mistaken, it's RAF that see's everything is either black or white. Though, I have to say there is a little irony here too - I've accused you of something you haven't done...... By RAF's logic, it's your fault for being here!!

Where on earth have i suggested bashing innocent people is ok? Please do point it out or take it back...

People either need to learn to read or stay off the haribo.

That said i would never / have never attempted to walk through a baying mob, cross a police line or walk so close to police dogs, thats my choice. I would always avoid it personally, others can do as they see fit.

My point through all of this is that i personally like many others support Smurf's statement and the bottom line is no trouble makers, no trouble.

Oh and for the record i've been a completely innocent indirect victim of possibly the most heanous crimes a human can commit, most people can be victims of crime directly or indirectly in their lives sadly.

But if there is a bottle neck in front of you, not helped by police vehicles blocking the road, and baton wielding police with dogs forcing you into the bottleneck, what choice do you have.

My logic is, no one had to walk down The Hamil Road at that particular time. I did and was happy to take the responsibility for my actions

Would anyone purposely put themselves in a position that they could not get themselves out of.

but by your own admission you did, yet you seem to be saying anyone walking down the road who got hurt had no common sense.

But if there is a bottle neck in front of you, not helped by police vehicles blocking the

road, and baton wielding police with dogs forcing you into the bottleneck, what choice do you have.

Me personally i would have walked the other way round the Railway stand as i did when i used to sit in that stand to the corner of the family stand, round the back of Discount Giant and that way into Burslem.

I always used to do that in the 90's and early 2000's as i used to attend the games with my girlfriend.

Appologies, I take it back. Looking back i'm mistaken, it's

RAF that see's everything is either black or white. Though, I have to say there is a little irony here too - I've accused you of something you haven't done...... By RAF's logic, it's your fault for being here!!

No worries.

I have enough disagreements / reasoned debates on here though so don't want the grief for someone elses arguments ;)

but by your own admission you did, yet you seem to be saying anyone walking down the road who got hurt had no common sense.

I think its more that I had a very good idea of what may or may not happen and was happy to take responsibility and risk for my actions and not blame anyone else, Plod, Vale idiots, Wolves idiots, VLF, WRVS, PLO, TWA, RAC.

Plus I need a pint :drink:

Me personally i would have walked the other way round the Railway stand as i did when i used to sit in that stand to the corner of the family stand, round the back of Discount Giant and that way into Burslem.

I always used to do that in the 90's and early 2000's as i used to attend the games with my girlfriend.

Now I know you're lying. :D

Following the lengths the police went to separate the rival supporters with the metal fence partition - Many supporters were under the impression that the Wolves fans would be kept separate from the early masses of Vale fans that went down the Hamil. I'd bet not even 5% of those walking down there even gave thought to the possibility of the police potentially causing them harm.

But the point is ,why shouldn't a law abiding citizen be able to walk down a public highway without being subjected to all this crap.

Incidently we agree on one thing, Robbie Earle[spelt correctly] was one of our best ever players.

Following the lengths the police went to separate the rival supporters with the metal fence partition - Many supporters were under the impression that the Wolves fans would be kept separate from the early masses of Vale fans that went down the Hamil. I'd bet not even 5% of those walking down there even gave thought to the possibility of the police potentially causing them harm.

Correct, by keeping the wolves fans in the ground, thus taking 4500 people from a crowd of 12600 out of the equasion, you are reducing the problem by more than 1/3 at a stroke.

perhaps the police commander missed this course.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg142.htm

Some hazards to watch out for

RMC's study indentified those physical features of a venue that may lead to overcrowding and possible injury. These include:

steep slopes

dead ends, locked gates

convergence of several routes into one

uneven or slippery flooring or steps

The potential for injury increases in some situations. Potential hazards requiring identification and management control include:

reverse or cross flows in a dense crowd

flows which are obstructed by queues, or gathering crowds

large pedestrian flows mixing with animals or traffic

moving attractions within a crowd

perhaps the police commander missed this course.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg142.htm

Some hazards to watch out for

RMC's study indentified those physical features of a venue that may lead to overcrowding and possible injury. These include:

steep slopes

dead ends, locked gates

convergence of several routes into one

uneven or slippery flooring or steps

The potential for injury increases in some situations. Potential hazards requiring identification and management control include:

reverse or cross flows in a dense crowd

flows which are obstructed by queues, or gathering crowds

large pedestrian flows mixing with animals or traffic

moving attractions within a crowd

Say no more.

Archived