onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2008 tickets sold

llcoolj

Geography clearly isn't your strong point if you think Oxford, Cheltenham and Northampton are northern! :rolleyes:

They are not north of us, I would know having visited all 3 this season. None of them more than an hour and a half drive away.

Advert

well well well how wrong were you lot, 2000 and counting, by the end of the mouth should have another 1000 or so fans signed up trust me

Of course they are Rod and if Perry had come out in yesterdays Sentinel and said the Moon was made of cheese you would believe him.

Knock a nought of the proclaimed figure and you will be nearer the truth. I know a large number of ST holders and I don't know a one who has renewed. Its propaganda.

Of course they are Rod and if Perry had come out in yesterdays Sentinel and said the Moon was made of cheese you would believe him.

Knock a nought of the proclaimed figure and you will be nearer the truth. I know a large number of ST holders and I don't know a one who has renewed. Its propaganda.

Propab o l l o c k s.

well well well how wrong were you lot, 2000 and counting, by the end of the mouth should have another 1000 or so fans signed up trust me

Care to explain why it has taken so long to release any info on the amount of tickets sold even though the question has been asked many time's.

If sales have gone so well will the transer budget be increased accordingly?

Well, 2008 was certainly an incredible figure wasn't it! My feelings are that I cannot see how that has happened. Of the 16 people that sit around me or I know. only 5 have renewed - on 4300 this would give about 1350 sales, which feels about right. 1900 SEO names. if 2/3 follow through (no comments plesae, thats 1350, but add all those who don't use the internet or just didn't sign, say 1000 leaves 1950 - which it may creep up to by Xmas and 1/2 ST sales. Who knows what stroke Pratt has pulled, maybe PVFC have taken 750 or so for distribution to schools next year (won't help, we are so poor and SCFC so good at the mo, plus obviously no money!!) Also I suspect that Dads with kids will be under more pressure than just adults, so you may get 3 renewals, 1 adult and 1 or 2 kids free or £79 at less income than last year after VAT. Whatever, all that matters is cash and with decreased away support, Deakin and sales managers salaries, Council Loan, incresaed VAT - not to mention 3000 crowds ( a drop of 40%ish), how are they going to cope? - the best they will do this year is now break even! In the end Brat and Jakson will HAVE to go. The question is will Mo still be around?

They are not north of us, I would know having visited all 3 this season. None of them more than an hour and a half drive away.

I tend to use the old 3rd South and North to solve my football geography questions, since we were a border town and played in both at different times, it is quite easy to decide. But now I think there are only about 12 teams North of us at present in L1 &2, so if we went to a regional L1 the border would be much further south, and we would never play in L1N.

Even if the alleged ticket sales of over 2,000 is correct or not, i think one of

the most worrying part of the statement was the fact that only 100 free season tickets where issued to under-nines. Considering these tickets are free the future fan base of the club looks bleak. To me this is just more proof

of the downward spiral of a club with a board that has no ambition, no money and has alienated many fans.

Oxford is 126 miles away, that's more than an hour and a half unless you're doing 90mph the whole way.

Does your take on things mean you're trembling with excitement at the prospect of local derbies for us next season against Plymouth and Crawley? :rolleyes:

"2,008 S/tickets sold?

Great - plus the £13,000 already in the bank.

Should put the club in a good financial position?

The board will be able to pay all expenses and council debt plus interest right up to the new season and still have enough to pay compensation to another club for a decent manager and then buy three or four more skillful players to strengthen the squad.

Things are looking bright for another successful season.

The board are taking the club from strength to strength.

We really have a wonderful hard working and business brained board of directors.

All the share holders and fans are so gratefull.

We are so fortunate.

Oxford is 126 miles away, that's more than an hour and a half unless you're doing 90mph the whole way.

Does your take on things mean you're trembling with excitement at the prospect of local derbies for us next season against Plymouth and Crawley? :rolleyes:

It took me about an hour and a half to drive to Oxford this season. I must have done 90+ all the way then eh. I wouldn't call Plymouth and Crawley local derbies myself but I am quite looking forward to visiting both grounds yes, is that a problem for you?

Did you know that resorting to sarcasm is something most people give up on the playground? It really just makes you look like a male chicken as well so give it up joker.

It took me about an hour and a half to drive to Oxford this season. I must have done 90+ all the way then eh. I wouldn't call Plymouth and Crawley local derbies myself but I am quite looking forward to visiting both grounds yes, is that a problem for you?

Did you know that resorting to sarcasm is something most people give up on the playground? It really just makes you look like a male chicken as well so give it up joker.

I used to work in Bicester, just off J9 and spent 3 years doing the journey, its possible, just about with no traffic what so ever to get to oxford in 1 hour30, its the exception rather than the norm though

Even if the alleged ticket sales of over 2,000 is correct or not, i think one of

the most worrying part of the statement was the fact that only 100 free season tickets where issued to under-nines. Considering these tickets are free the future fan base of the club looks bleak. To me this is just more proof

of the downward spiral of a club with a board that has no ambition, no money and has alienated many fans.

This is a very relevant point you make. New, young Vale fans must be extremely tempted by the sparkle of the Premiership with Stoke and Man Utd on our doorstep. Why should they endure this shambles of a club, with its poor team, poor facilities, poor merchandise and very little future. I can't blame kids for not wanting to come to watch Vale - its a total joke from top to bottom. My own son has had a ST for the last 3 seasons, but I'm not going to force the club on him any longer, he can make his own choice about who he follows, and it probably won't be Vale after this seasons problems. Going to football should be about enjoyment, where kids can get entertained with what they see on the pitch, in clean modern facilites, and be able to buy decent merchandise that doesn't fall apart after one outing. Sadly this doesn't happen at Vale. Whoever and wherever my son chooses to support from now on, I may be joining him, because after 28 years I've fallen out of love with PVFC. I simply don't enjoy it anymore. Its become an ordeal.

These youngsters are our future fan base, and like Bratt stated in his recent leaflet, 'when they've gone, they've gone'.

Archived