onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2008 tickets sold

llcoolj

Advert

Been down boslum tonight for a mates birthday, fair few of us,all vale. I'm the only one who comes on OVF, but there was at least a dozen people who have said they are not renewing as they don't believe a word the board say and are totally frustrated with how the club is run.

Well there's 3 (1 adult 2 kids) from me that won't be getting renewed. Just got back from holiday and have not missed all the goings on. Have decided to spend the season ticket money on an Alton Towers annual pass instead as we'll get so much more entertainment for our money. Will probably still go a few away games though.

I was chatting to some folk at the protest last Saturday and I said I would be very surprised if the actual sales figure was not four figures. Some of the figures being mentioned seemed just TOO low.

The fact is, even if the actual figure is 1,500 - 2,000 it is an appalling drop on the pre-deadline sales last year (3,700). Had the Board announced this figure out of the blue, people would have thought it was dreadful by comparison but put out a load of misinformation first with extremely low figures being dropped here and there by folk in the club and suddenly the actual sales don't seem that bad when in reality they are very poor indeed. An admitted near 50% drop in sales must surely have very dodgy consequences for cash flow.

Also, the Board must not jump to conclusions about these sales representing their levels of support. I know quite a few regular away travellers who have bought season tickets but I would reckon about 70-80% of them still want the Board out.

So Vale season ticket holders from this season can be divided into three groups, even if we take the 1,500 (ticket office) - 2,008 (BB) as likely:

1. 50% haven't renewed

2. Approx 35-40% have renewed but still want the Board out.

3. Approx 10-15% have renewed because they are happy with the Board.

Incidentally, I'm led to believe that there was only one director at Barnet yesterday. How many of them were at the last home game - or any other recent home game come to that? This does rather beg the question that if a considerable part of the fan base don't want them and they can't actually be bothered to attend games, why exactly are they hanging on??

We have to remember that the season tickets that are on sale now, are at the same price as last season, but VAT has gone up by 2.5% so the club are infact losing 2.5% on every seaon ticket sold than what they were last year, and that ammounts to a lot of money.

Been down boslum tonight for a mates birthday, fair few of us,all vale. I'm the only one who comes on OVF, but there was at least a dozen people who have said they are not renewing as they don't believe a word the board say and are totally frustrated with how the club is run.

In my job i speak to a fair few Vale fans and i will say there are only 2 out of say 15 renewing,so this 2008 figure has made me laugh especially like somebody said it's a 400% increase on this time last season or something like that.

The only way Vale have sold 2008 up to yet is by one of the board members or Perry buying a load in bulk for himself/themselves. It will certainly be proven at the 1st home game when the attendance reflects this :shifty:======

Post 166 Arty.===

I have been going since 62 and not renewed. I am in lorne st and none of us has renewed. SEO is nothing to do with Black and Gold and I have not renewed for exactly the opposite reasons to you. Chicken and egg job. If things are so good why have we offered Owen less money and won't now even pay for his operation?

I never said things are good but as you will know thing have been worse.

Just dont want us to be in the same position as whem Mr Bell walked away!

The EGM should not take place without a reliable figure for season tickets sold being disclosed and verified. A board showing good standards of ethics and governance would ensure this happens, it may be that shareholders attending the meet led by NLV must make it happen. The difference between a few hundred and 2000 is insolvency. The difference between 2000 and 3500 is a much reduced budget and / or more borrowing etc. Need the facts.

Anybody think that the board members have bought these ST's themselves.I think it was mentioned last week that SM was going to buy 1000 ST's .Not sure if it was said in jest.Makes you wonder though.

That would mean they don't get their money back, but it could be worth more to them than the books being forced into transparency.....

Archived