onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

L2 Midfielder

I have to say personally I think Morsy offers more than Loft certainly centrally.

Loft was really poor the last few games of the season in midfield and arguably some of our best early form in the season came with Morsy and Shuker playing in the middle(interestingly Loft was at LB during this period).

I have nothing against Loft but I really don't get the hype with him at times from some fans and I think he is very replaceable!

To be honest and I dont know how true it is, Loft is supposed to be looking for another club closer to his family in Brighton. He is currently treading water while is agent finds something. As i've said its hearsay but thats what ive heard

Advert

obviously any player in the lower leagues is potentially replaceable but fees, travel, wages and bullshipping agents all play a part in signings plus the managers attempts to bring together a balanced squad with monies available,competitive enough to chase after promotion with good back up from the bench, not an easy juggling act.

To be honest and I dont know how true it is, Loft is supposed to be looking for another club closer to his family in Brighton. He is currently treading water while is agent finds something. As i've said its hearsay but thats what ive heard

I for one will be very disappointed if Lofty does not stay with us. I know several on here have suggested he was poor for the last few games but I strongly disagree and always have with that opinion. He covers miles each match in making up for other's poor distribution/tackling and passing. He does have insight into how a game is flowing and tries his heart out to get the midfield pumping. To be honest he has had very little support and this makes it look like he is poor sometimes, if he misplaces a pass etc.

In a good midfield, bossed by an experienced General, Lofty would come into his own and have more time to create for the front runners. I stick by my guns and believe Loft has been wonderful for the Vale and is ready to up a division with us IF we sign decent midfielders to play alongside him.

If Adams feels fit to agree to him moving(if that is what Loft wants) then I believe Vale have missed out on securing a very valuable asset to our Club. Come on Lofty sign up for the next instalment of our adventure, even if it's only as a squad player after we sign some high profile ball winners and game winning midfield maestros!

I agree.

Loft has been as good as any player over the past couple of years. He runs off the ball well, makes himself available and gives 100% every game. Sure he makes mistakes - who doesn't? - but he's arguably been one of our stand out players in recent times and it would be a blow if he went.

Morsy is the kind of player that, if he were at Crewe, would be nurtured and coached until they could sell him for a good fee.

I'd be hugely disappointed if he went.

Do we actually develop any players?...... or do we just try to fill the spots available with whats left on the shelf or someones cast outs?.... I have no idea

Don't get me wrong here - I'm happy for the club to sign anyone who 'improves' the squad.....but signing league 2 players ?

I was hoping for some from the Championship or league 1 players at least?

I was also hoping that having shopped at Poundland for years we might at least have stepped up to Marks & Spencers.

Patient my friend, judging by Grewies comments Mickys just finding a trolly as we speak.

Do we actually develop any players?...... or do we just try to fill the spots available with whats left on the shelf or someones cast outs?.... I have no idea

If you recall most of Rudgie's teams were someone else's cast offs and we didn't fair too bad under him!

If you recall most of Rudgie's teams were someone else's cast offs and we didn't fair too bad under him!

I dont disagree but I thought times were supposed to be changing.... or at least we were being dragged into the 20th century [the 21st being one step beyond].... its not a complaint if it keeps working but making a team with success takes more than a small budget if its constructed of waifs and strays.

Everyone is someones cast off.... but rudgie bought and sold to move forward.... I dont think we can afford to sell at the moment and I think the actual buying is going to be a little tight too.... but good luck to them.

lofty could well be leaving as he seems to be taking his time deciding over his contract same with morsy and chilvers aswell.
I did here a while ago that Lofty was being chased by another South coast based club. Being from 'Darn Sarf' himself that may be a major temptation. With regards Morsy and Chilvers they are probably only being offered a poor deal to stay and so it is understandable if they are keeping their options open.

I dont disagree but I thought times were supposed to be changing.... or at least we were being dragged into the 20th century [the 21st being one step beyond].... its not a complaint if it keeps working but making a team with success takes more than a small budget if its constructed of waifs and strays.

Everyone is someones cast off.... but rudgie bought and sold to move forward.... I dont think we can afford to sell at the moment and I think the actual buying is going to be a little tight too.... but good luck to them.

We don't have the quality of players to sell at the moment, not for any decent fee. The Bosman ruling killed that for clubs like Vale. Crewe can demand large fees for their youngsters because they have had 20 + years of producing premiership standars players, but they have to sell to keep their academy and the club as a whole running. We can go the Crewe route and rely on selling our best up and coming players or go for looking at trying to attract the better lower league players. I would hope we go for something in between where we could progress as well as developing young players without the expense of running a huge premiership academy system.

We don't have the quality of players to sell at the moment, not for any decent fee. The Bosman ruling killed that for clubs like Vale. Crewe can demand large fees for their youngsters because they have had 20 + years of producing premiership standars players, but they have to sell to keep their academy and the club as a whole running. We can go the Crewe route and rely on selling our best up and coming players or go for looking at trying to attract the better lower league players. I would hope we go for something in between where we could progress as well as developing young players without the expense of running a huge premiership academy system.

Isnt that what was mooted when the wild smurfs came in?.... or something similar?

My mind goes back to Jonny Green and Ray Walker, both were signed from higher league clubs and both made a huge difference to the Vale. IMHO makes sense to make some of the new signings players that have played at a higher level than Lg2.

Archived