onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

L2 Midfielder

Advert

I will be very surprised if Loft is with us next season. Last year quite a few players were given two year contracts but Micky only gave Loft a one year deal even though he made him captain. I read between the lines that Lofty wanted to move back south as his wife was homesick and Micky persuaded Lofty that if he gave the Vale one more year he could then leave for free as he would be over 24.

I will be very surprised if Loft is with us next season. Last year quite a few players were given two year contracts but Micky only gave Loft a one year deal even though he made him captain. I read between the lines that Lofty wanted to move back south as his wife was homesick and Micky persuaded Lofty that if he gave the Vale one more year he could then leave for free as he would be over 24.

Loft was already under contract. He didn't sign a one year contract last year.

No great loss if he goes, need to get Morsy back in the team-we would have won the league if he had played more. Lofty too inconsistent but shone at times at left back.

No great loss? You've got to be kidding. Lofty is a great utility player who can comfortably play three positions. He was brilliant at LB in the first half of the season.

No great loss? You've got to be kidding. Lofty is a great utility player who can comfortably play three positions. He was brilliant at LB in the firsthand half of the season.

You're forgetting players who don't do exactly what fans want them to go from Heros to Zeros in a nanosecond!

Sounds like Loft is a gonner.

Would have kept him just for the fact he can fill in a number of positions, would make us incredibly light in the middle now.

Don't rate him that much, his touch at times is horrendous for a central midfielder and he can range from some shocking performances to good and not much in between, not what I want from players in the middle of the park.

Sounds like Loft is a gonner.

Would have kept him just for the fact he can fill in a number of positions, would make us incredibly light in the middle now.

Don't rate him that much, his touch at times is horrendous for a central midfielder and he can range from some shocking performances to good and not much in between, not what I want from players in the middle of the park.

How pathetically fickle some fans can be!

Not long ago Lofty was being hailed as our player of the season and THE one to secure on a long term contract.

Vale's squad will desperately miss his versatility and midfield-dynamo type of play in being at the back , midfield and down the flanks. His ability to cover for some poor performances by his team mates makes him a valuable asset to any Club.

If we hadn't had Lofty in many games last season our midfield would have been absolutely dire as he single handidly ran himself into exhaustion by trying to get others to become involved. There were times his passing vision was not what it ought to be but I excuse him wholeheartedly as he was knackered from his exertions usually.

I would have him any squad anytime and Vale will be a much worse off team without him, if he were to go to pastures new.

In a "better" team Lofty will shine, mark my words and those that have knocked him on here, after another very good season, may well have to swallow their words.

True Valiants will have to hope and pray Adams will have earmarked at least 2 experienced, midfield generals for us because if Lofty goes our already inadequate midfield will be lacking sadly for the Division 1 encounters.

Lofty, I for one and I honestly believe the VAST majority of Vale fans agree with me, wish you well and would dearly love you to be with us as we progress through the Leagues.

How pathetically fickle some fans can be!

Not long ago Lofty was being hailed as our player of the season and THE one to secure on a long term contract.

Vale's squad will desperately miss his versatility and midfield-dynamo type of play in being at the back , midfield and down the flanks. His ability to cover for some poor performances by his team mates makes him a valuable asset to any Club.

If we hadn't had Lofty in many games last season our midfield would have been absolutely dire as he single handidly ran himself into exhaustion by trying to get others to become involved. There were times his passing vision was not what it ought to be but I excuse him wholeheartedly as he was knackered from his exertions usually.

I would have him any squad anytime and Vale will be a much worse off team without him, if he were to go to pastures new.

In a "better" team Lofty will shine, mark my words and those that have knocked him on here, after another very good season, may well have to swallow their words.

True Valiants will have to hope and pray Adams will have earmarked at least 2 experienced, midfield generals for us because if Lofty goes our already inadequate midfield will be lacking sadly for the Division 1 encounters.

Lofty, I for one and I honestly believe the VAST majority of Vale fans agree with me, wish you well and would dearly love you to be with us as we progress through the Leagues.

I wish lofty well. He's been a very good player for us, but looked extremely average in centre mid. Personally I think we can get much better for this league

Archived