onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Luis Suarez wants out.

Advert

Yeah, I've known for a while that you don't! :D

Just emphasising the point ;)

Johnson is what he is. He has lapses in concentration but going forward there aren't many better. I think Kyle Walker and Micah Richards are exactly the same in that both are better going forward than defending.

Don't get me going on Richards

Obviously as someone with an interest in Liverpool football club it's easy to label my opinion as biased. But I don't think that Liverpool are a million miles away from having a competitive side and one that could play Champions League football again, though I do accept that Spurs, even without Bale, are favourites.

Always had a strong interest myself as growing up I watched their European games a lot on the box and see them as something a bit special amongst the bigger clubs. i want to see them doing well again and i feel they are catching up; they need to get better results against the top 6 teams

• 3 months later...

Suarez, at this moment in time, has to be up there with Messi and Ronaldo, in my opinion. Let's not forget that those two are in much better sides than Liverpool. His 4 goals against Norwich were outstanding, and he's now scored something like 26 goals in his last 26 games. He may have wanted to leave, perhaps he still will (especially if we don't get into the top 4 this season) but his attitude and effort on the pitch can never be questioned by anyone.

He's a flawed genius.

A class player but a horrible little oik!

Not sure I'd quite put him up with Messi/Ronaldo? Has he single handedly destroyed another international side yet?i.e. Ronaldo against Sweden recently. To be fair though Uruguay probably aren't quite the one man team Portugal are in that respect(as they have 2 or 3 other excellent players like Cavani).

I do see Beechy's point though when you have the team mates that Ronaldo and Messi have at Real and Barca. Suarez perhaps has to carry Liverpool a tad more.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad that Luis is finally getting all the credit he deserves for the wonderful football player he is. Everybody in this country who just loves football should be pleased that we have one of the top 3 players in world football playing over here and not in Spain. He may still want out of the club, but since he knew that the manager and chairman of Liverpool football club were not going to budge and allow him to leave at that moment in time his commitment on the pitch has been absolutely outstanding - I'm not just talking about the goals, but his passion and work-rate. If he does leave the club at some point then we should be asking the same amount of money that Gareth Bale was sold for.

Liverpool were exceptional yesterday, albeit against a Spurs side that are falling well short of what they should be capable of at this moment in time. Even when it was 11vs11 we completely dominated them and should have gone in at half-time ahead by a further two goals at least. One player I would like to mention is Jordan Henderson. He came in for some harsh criticism last season, I think it took him some time to truly believe that he belonged at such a huge club and is one of those players that need an arm around their shoulder and for the manager to completely believe in him, which Brendan Rodgers does. His running, timing of the those runs and passing were top notch yesterday and he's showed this season that he's a really good player, one that can only get better.

And what a finish by Jon Flanagan! And also another superb performance up against Aaron Lennon and Kyle Walker. He's another young player that the manager gave a chance to, when a lot Liverpool supporters simply thought he wasn't good enough, and over the last few games he's taken it with both hands.

Archived