onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Luis Suarez wants out.

Advert

Name me another £5M EPL striker who would prefer to go shopping than watch his teammates playing a match ;)

You still ain't answered my question, name me a proven Premiership goalscorer. Who knows why Bent has an attitude problem, maybe the manager thought he didn't suit his style of play. It happens. Look at Pope @ Rotherham. The point is you will not find a proven Premiership goalscorer for less than 5 million. I like Defoe but reckon he would cost more than 5 mill. Not forgetting Defoe is nearly 32 and Bent is only 29!

You still ain't answered my question, name me a proven Premiership goalscorer.

Yes I did..Defoe

You didn't answer mine..what do you mean by 'a proven premiership goalscorer'? Crouch is a proven Premiership goalscorer but it depends on just what you mean by proven premiership goalscorer

maybe the manager thought he didn't suit his style of play. It happens. Look at Pope @ Rotherham.

Entirely possible

The point is you will not find a proven Premiership goalscorer for less than 5 million. I like Defoe but reckon he would cost more than 5 mill.

I don't

Not forgetting Defoe is nearly 32 and Bent is only 29!

I'd rather have an older player who scores important goals than a younger player who does not

By proven goalscorer I mean a player who has scored 100+ Premiership Goals. Bent is 2 and half years younger than Defoe, yet Defoe has ony scored 20 summit more Premiership goals than Bent.

Still think Defoe would cost more than 5 mill, and his wages are probably alot higher than Bent.

So you would prefer someone who is past his prime or a player that is in his prime? Whatever your smoking can I have some please?

By proven goalscorer I mean a player who has scored 100+ Premiership Goals.

Not a definition I accept

Bent is 2 and half years younger than Defoe, yet Defoe has ony scored 20 summit more Premiership goals than Bent.

But he meets your criteria?

Still think Defoe would cost more than 5 mill, and his wages are probably alot higher than Bent.

Re ther valiation I don't and now wages come into it? keep moving the goalposts

So you would prefer someone who is past his prime or a player that is in his prime? Whatever your smoking can I have some please?

I don't believe that Bent is in his prime, that happened a few years ago..where is the evidence that he is? He's not playing for Villa, he's not playing for England...I think you've moved way beyond smoking ;)

So what is your definition of a proven premiership goalscorer? IS Defoe a proven goal scorer?

Moving the goal posts ha ha, was this not about a team outside the top 10 who have the opportunity to sign a proven goalscorer. They could afford Bents wages but not Defoes so wages always came into it. Were you not the one blurting out Eto'os name and how he would take a pay cut? Even if Eto'o took a 50% pay cut its still over a hundred grand a week.

And like I said to you no one knows why Bent aint playing, is it his attitude? Or is it because Lambert prefers to play Benteke. But just because someone aint playing doesnt make them a bad player.

Defoe is only attracting interest from QPR.

So what is your definition of a proven premiership goalscorer? IS Defoe a proven goal scorer?

Yes..as is Bent, Lampard and many others. After all Defoe gets picked for his club and for England so he must be doing something right?

Off the top of my head, players who PL managers want cos they have scored goals and they believe that they will continue to do so.

Moving the goal posts ha ha, was this not about a team outside the top 10 who have the opportunity to sign a proven goalscorer.

Suddenly now 'outside the top 10' gets added??

They could afford Bents wages but not Defoes so wages always came into it.

They weren't when this started and personally I have no idea what Defoe's wage demands would be..why would a non-proven goal scorer who is past his best etc be able to get more wages than Bent? ;)

Were you not the one blurting out Eto'os name and how he would take a pay cut? Even if Eto'o took a 50% pay cut its still over a hundred grand a week.

No I didn't blurt out Eto's name. I was asked to name a better player than Bent available for (I think) a similar transfer fee and Eto'o met the criteria. It is claimed that he is willing to take a substantial wage cut I have no idea as to the detail of Eto's wage demands

And like I said to you no one knows why Bent aint playing, is it his attitude? Or is it because Lambert prefers to play Benteke. But just because someone aint playing doesnt make them a bad player.

I don't know either but I'm fairly confident that someone who is playing is proving what they can do whereas someone who isn't playing isn't proving what they can do. In my view a player who is playing and scoring represents better value than a player who isn't doing either.

Defoe is only attracting interest from QPR.

Incorrect..Stoke (noooooo!!!!!) and West Brom have been interested too as have Besiktas. Plus AVB does not want him to go

Archived