onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Luis Suarez wants out.

He's obviously trying to find a way out of the club and his agent probably has a lot to do with it. Fortunately for Liverpool he's under contract and it's they that hold the cards, not him. There's no point keeping a player that doesn't really want to be their and as good a player as he is it would be stupidity to keep a player that has betrayed the club, it's manager and it's supporters.

Unless, of course, LFC want to be a tad perverse by deciding to hold him to his contract :)

Advert

Unless, of course, LFC want to be a tad perverse by deciding to hold him to his contract :)

Clubs rarely do so though, because of the disruptiveness it would cause in the dressing room.

He's coming off the back of a tremendous season so it would probably be the best decision to cash in on him now. As a footballer I rate him highly and amongst the top 10 players in world football right now and the Premier League would lose one of it's best players and biggest talking points.

Liverpool have supported him through thick and thin. To hear him say in an interview that the club and manager has not supported him enough was cringeworthy. He's a brilliant player, one of the best in the world in my opinion, but he's now become an absolute liability for the club and Liverpool should sell him to the highest bidder. It's ridiculous how he went on about the press giving him a bad name and reputation. This coming from someone who seemingly did a rehearsal recently to be an extra in The Walking Dead!

Obviously he's not on the same level but Daniel Sturridge could excel in the side in the absence of Suarez and hopefully at least the majority of the money could be spent on strengthening throughout the side.

At the end of the season Liverpool showed they could win consistently without Suarez and with Sturridge up front. But he looks like he will be out for several months because of the England game against Ireland. Liverpool have bought Aspas it seems from Celta Viga who scored 12 goals for them last season - not bad because they narrowly escaped relegation in the last 30 minutes of the season. Liverpool I think were ready to move on from him, but the Sturridge situation does not help.

At the end of the season Liverpool showed they could win consistently without Suarez and with Sturridge up front. But he looks like he will be out for several months because of the England game against Ireland. Liverpool have bought Aspas it seems from Celta Viga who scored 12 goals for them last season - not bad because they narrowly escaped relegation in the last 30 minutes of the season. Liverpool I think were ready to move on from him, but the Sturridge situation does not help.

He's our best player (now that Gerrard is no longer the force or influence he was) and him being sold would obviously make us a poorer side unless the money is spent wisely. I'm a big fan of Daniel Sturridge, if he can add a bit of vision/awareness to his game he can easily be one of the top forwards in Europe. I've not seen much at all of Aspas to have a legit opinion, I just hope he's not a Spanish version of Fabio Borini!

• 1 month later...

Archived