onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Luis Suarez wants out.

Advert

I see that Stuart Downing has left Liverpool and gone to West Ham on a 4 year contract.Him on one wing and Matt Jarvis on the other with supply some great quality crosses for Andy Carroll.I bet 'Big Sam' can't wait?

Rarely does one see Stuart Downing and "quality crosses" mentioned in the same sentence :)

I think Liverpool showed today that even without Suarez they are a very decent side. Sturridge, Aspas and Coutinho will cause any side problems. If Suarez commits to the club for at least this season and shows the same form as he did in the last one then with one or two more good additions before the window closes next month I don't see any reason why Liverpool can't battle it out with the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Everton for that 4th place spot.

Begovic was outstanding for Stoke today, and if it wasn't for him they would have lost 4 or 5 to nil. He's one of the best keepers in the country and they should consider themselves very fortunate to have him.

If you paid attention Johnnyaitch you would see that I have always said mid table team, so I never added owt. The only team I have seen in for Defoe is QPR on loan. Just saying the teams aint lining up for Defoe.

I do pay very detailed attention..remember I am the one who posts in the minutest detail

Re 'mid-table' no you haven't...here is your post below that asked me the question...

"When was the last time he had a decent run of games for Villa? And if he played for 1 of the big 4 even if he was on the bench he would get an England call up. Name one player you could sign for less than 5 million who has proven to be a very good Premiership goalscorer... "

No mention of league position and this was the question I responded to that you claimed I didn't answer...which i did, I can only answer the question asked

Do pay attention to your own posts ;)

I am sure that is the only team you have seen is QPR, but Stoke and West Brom have also shown an interest as have ,who was it, Besiktas? There may even be others that i haven't seen..I don't claim to be all knowing

I don't claim that they are lining up for Defoe either but there is more than one and at least they are willing to pay a fee..unlike for example, Fulham when it comes to Bent ;)

I think Liverpool showed today that even without Suarez they are a very decent side. Sturridge, Aspas and Coutinho will cause any side problems. If Suarez commits to the club for at least this season and shows the same form as he did in the last one then with one or two more good additions before the window closes next month I don't see any reason why Liverpool can't battle it out with the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Everton for that 4th place spot.

Arsenal looked pretty poor..have they staood still whilst others (including Liverpool) have moved on?

Begovic was outstanding for Stoke today, and if it wasn't for him they would have lost 4 or 5 to nil. He's one of the best keepers in the country and they should consider themselves very fortunate to have him.

Still time for him to go..Arsenal should look at him !!! :)

Arsenal looked pretty poor..have they staood still whilst others (including Liverpool) have moved on?

Still time for him to go..Arsenal should look at him !!! :)

It must be a pretty miserable feeling to be an Arsenal fan right now. All summer long they were highly linked with some world-class players, and at one point it seemed the Higuain transfer was a done deal. All they have signed thus far is some young, unproven striker from France that is unlikely to even be in contention with a first-team place. If they're going to challenge for the title they really need to bring in a couple of world-class players that will go straight into their side.

As for Liverpool, I'm happy with how we're shaping up this season. We're about to sign a very good left-back in Aly Cissokho from Valencia and are apparently in talks to sign the highly-rated Willian for a reported 30 million. We might not get him, but shows that there is at least further money for Brendan Rodgers to spend and improve the side/squad further.

Mignolet

Johnson

Agger

Toure/Skrtel

Cissokho

Gerrard

Lucas

Willian?

Coutinho

Suarez

Sturridge

In my opinion that is a very good looking side on paper, and one that should be challenging for a top 4 place.

Also, one thing I forgot to mention about the game is that although it was only 90 minutes it did seem that Stoke tried to play a bit more football. Or maybe the fact that they didn't have Rory Delap or Ryan Shotton on the pitch made a big difference.

Charlie Adam had a very good game once he came on in the second half. He's a good player and it's a shame it never worked out for him at Liverpool.

Arsenals defeat to Villa is a blessing in disguise,cause it proves they need a couple if class players.If they bid 50m for Suarez I do believe he will go to the Arsenel.

If Arsenal go out of the Champions League in the next 2 weeks,he won't want to go.

Mignolet

Johnson

Agger

Toure/Skrtel

Cissokho

Gerrard

Lucas

Willian?

Coutinho

Suarez

Sturridge

A good side indeed although I still have my doubts about Johnson

That frontline you'd think would score a lot of goals and win a alot of matches against the other top clubs (and Arsenal :) )

Archived