onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Luis Suarez wants out.

I thought that he hated the English media and wanted out of England?

Great (if overpriced) signing for Arsenal if they get him but after all the (misplaced) support he has had from Liverpool it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth for them.

Liverpool are demanding £50m before they even consider a move and I think he'll end up going abroad imo.Whoever he plays for over here he'll get slated by our press for his antics.

Pity really,along with Jimmy Greaves,Denis Law and Robbie Fowler,he's one of the best natural goalscorers I have seen.

Advert

Liverpool are demanding £50m before they even consider a move and I think he'll end up going abroad imo.Whoever he plays for over here he'll get slated by our press for his antics.

Pity really,along with Jimmy Greaves,Denis Law and Robbie Fowler,he's one of the best natural goalscorers I have seen.

He is well behind Messi, a truely great finisher.

He's our best player (now that Gerrard is no longer the force or influence he was) and him being sold would obviously make us a poorer side unless the money is spent wisely. I'm a big fan of Daniel Sturridge, if he can add a bit of vision/awareness to his game he can easily be one of the top forwards in Europe. I've not seen much at all of Aspas to have a legit opinion, I just hope he's not a Spanish version of Fabio Borini!

Borina looked a good player in the Euro U21 Championship, he needs a spell when he is fit. Aspas scored I think 12 or 13 goals for a team that avoided relegation just in the last few minutes of the season. He could be a good signing. La Liga is as strong if not stronger than the Premier League, but it is different in being a night time league in warmer climate with some different interpretations of rules (particularly foot up). But he has a chance to be successful from what I have seen.

thinking of suarez, just imagine if he'd have bitten the likes of tommy smith,norman hunter, bob stokoe or jimmy scoular, they'd still be looking for his head.:D

Hunter's crude put him in stands tackle where he totally missed him on the half way line and out on the wing at Wembley against Poland in 1973 led directly to them scoring and England's elimination from the 1974 World Cup. I have a bit more respect for Tommy Smith who was successful in the European Cup, but put these players up against modern strikers and they would be no match in any department - strength, pace, stamina. A breed we are well rid of, and especially the idea that they can just bring a man down when through without sanction.

Can't say I blame the lad.A player of his calibre should be playing Champions League football and thats something he won't get if he stays at Anfield.Liverpool are a poor and inconsistant team at best and with the possibility of them losing there best player to Arsenal just goes to show how far they have fallen.No world class player would want to play for them anymore.Liverpool are years behind both Manchester clubs and now Chelsea,Arsenal and Spurs are all far better than Liverpool.Tough times ahead for the scousers.It must be real hard to stomach now that they are no longer a leading club in the top flight.

Liverpool are a poor team at best

Liverpool are not longer one of the best teams in England, and arguably they aren't even the best side in Liverpool at present. But to say "Liverpool are a poor team at best" is just ridiculous.

Liverpool still have some very good players (Agger, Lucas, Gerrard, Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez) and a lot of promising youngsters that have the potential to be very good players in the future, the likes of Alberto, Sterling, Yeşil and Ibe.

In fact I believe Phillippe Coutinho will be one of the star players in the Premiership next season.

My god man, your obsessed. Why does everything have to turn into either Spain, Barcelona or Messi?

Suarez has a shot to conversion rate of 16% according to Sky News. I have just checked the stats at Barcelona for the league 2012/13. Messi played for 2,762 minutes. He scored 46 goals, that is 1 every 60 minutes. Including freekicks and penalties he had 163 shots, 81 on target and 9 hit the post. He is the best player in the world and therefore the benchmark for Suarez. To be fair to Suarez he has to do more running and build up work to get Liverpool near the goal and I think his misses reflect some exhaustion that Messi avoids.

He's tremendously skilful and has blinding pace over first few yards

Needs to improve his finishing though

Sadly he is too good for Liverpool

Suarez is an excellent finisher, his problem (before last season at least) is that he seemed uninterested in scoring tap ins, and also he would often try to dink the ball over keepers when through on goal instead of just concentrating on putting the ball in the net regardless of how he does it.

Suarez is an excellent finisher, his problem (before last season at least) is that he seemed uninterested in scoring tap ins, and also he would often try to dink the ball over keepers when through on goal instead of just concentrating on putting the ball in the net regardless of how he does it.

Which for me means that he has to improve his finishing!! Too many chances not taken cos too often he doesn't just put it in the net as simply as possible when he has the chance

Which for me means that he has to improve his finishing!! Too many chances not taken cos too often he doesn't just put it in the net as simply as possible when he has the chance

Messi finds the corners consistently, usually wins one on ones with the keeper and is excellent at arriving from behind the ball in the penalty area in space. Suarez is worse at all of those, but particularly the arriving at the right moment bit. Not having that costs him 20 goals a season compared to Messi. I guess that might only be 10 goals a season worse if Iniesta or a similar player was passing to him from the goal line!

Archived