onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Luis Suarez wants out.

Advert

After the game yesterday they were talking to Stevie G about the World Cup and asked "Do you know how to stop him (Suarez)?". Gerrard replied "you can't"! That says a lot.

I'm not being all doom and gloom but I simply can not see how Liverpool can keep hold of him past the summer. Presuming it's Real, he would be absolute first choice by a country mile over Benzema

After the game yesterday they were talking to Stevie G about the World Cup and asked "Do you know how to stop him (Suarez)?". Gerrard replied "you can't"! That says a lot.

I'm not being all doom and gloom but I simply can not see how Liverpool can keep hold of him past the summer. Presuming it's Real, he would be absolute first choice by a country mile over Benzema

Lets hope the likely transfer nonsense will distract him for the World Cup or he tears a hamstring in Liverpool's last game of the season.

I think if Liverpool do get Champions League football, and perhaps go close to winning the league (finishing only a few wins behind the eventual winners) I think there's a great chance he will stay. The hard work to keep hold of him in the summer has already been done by Liverpool and it's now a win-win situation for them really. If Luis does leave at some point, then after the season he's having I think you're talking about the same kind of money that Real spent on Gareth Bale, and if Liverpool do have Champions League football again then obviously it will be that much easier to attract genuine world-class players to the club.

I thought Suarez was one of the best players at the last World Cup.He seems to have altered his attitude and is looking a great player.As regards a transfer,who is able to pay 'Bale' money for him?I think he'll stop where he is and hope Liverpool can get in some better players.

I think if Liverpool do get Champions League football, and perhaps go close to winning the league (finishing only a few wins behind the eventual winners) I think there's a great chance he will stay. The hard work to keep hold of him in the summer has already been done by Liverpool and it's now a win-win situation for them really. If Luis does leave at some point, then after the season he's having I think you're talking about the same kind of money that Real spent on Gareth Bale, and if Liverpool do have Champions League football again then obviously it will be that much easier to attract genuine world-class players to the club.

Three things:

1- Liverpool would have to accept a £50m+ bid

2- Liverpool couldn't go anywhere near the wages he would get at Madrid & his head will get turned

3- He is proper bat**** crazy and just because he likes LFC right now does not mean that he will next next week.

Lucas lives in Liverpool and is highly regarded in the local community. He is less likely to attract the media interest that Suarez does and I suspect that is a substantial part of the problem. Many celebs have moved abroad because they are not protected in this country - e.g. Lewis Hamilton. Of course a valuable asset like Suarez would always need protection in public and one suspects his position would not be much better in Italy or Spain - his two likely or even only destinations if he leaves. What he really wants is a Messi level super contract and Liverpool are prepared to give it to him I understand.

Do you see Liverpool breaking the £200k per week mark? I don't & that's what it'd take. Liverpool fans are dreaming if they think they can compete financially with Real/ Barca etc

Boston Red Sox have won the world series three times under the current (Liverpool) owners. They don't pay top dollar in US terms to achieve that, but they have recognised that a stadium of similar size to Anfield is enough in an era when TV money matters more and more and more. And that is the business point - if the worldwide tv revenues justify and Liverpool's success will propel that they will.

Here are the dollar annual salaries of the Red Sox:

1 Jake Peavy 16,157,271

2 John Lackey 15,950,000

3 David Ortiz 14,500,000

4 Ryan Dempster 13,250,000

5 Shane Victorino 13,000,000

6 Jon Lester 11,625,000

7 Dustin Pedroia 10,250,000

8 Clay Buchholz 5,750,000

9 Jonny Gomes 5,000,000

10 Koji Uehara 4,250,000

11 Andrew Bailey 4,100,000

12 David Ross 3,100,000

13 Craig Breslow 2,325,000

14 Franklin Morales 1,487,500

15 Andrew Miller 1,475,000

16 Junichi Tazawa 815,000

17 Felix Doubront 518,500

18 Mike Carp 508,500

19 Daniel Nava 505,500

20 Brayan Villarreal 502,500

21 Ryan Kalish 498,000

Will Middlebrooks 498,000

23 Jackie Bradley Jr. 490,000

That has nothing to do with Luis Suarez! This is football, there is precious little loyalty & if Real hadn't have paid so much for Bale then he'd already be there. I'd also wager if they'd managed to sell Angel Di Maria or Orzil (it was either or) before deadline day, they'd have also got him.

Fenway Sports Group would like to move the Red Sox to a bigger stadium to enable them to compete with the Yankees in terms of salary/contracts, it is the fans who are totally against it as Fenway Park is the most beloved/historic baseball stadium in the US. Moving stadium has been talked about for the last 10-15 years.

The nearest professional baseball teams to the Red Sox are the New York Yankees and Mets (3-4 hrs drive away) so the catchment area for the Red Sox is the whole of New England hence Fenway Park is usually sold out for games (sold out for virtually every home game in the last 10 years). Its expansive to watch baseball at Fenway, many of the seats are corporate, it costs $10 for a beer (small), same for a hot dog so match day income is maximized.

However the Red Sox in 2012 and the Yankees in 2013 showed that throwing money at players doesn't guarantee success.

You missed out Jacoby Elsbury, Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Mike Napoli all major contributors and high earners in the 2013 Red Sox World Series Team.

Do you see Liverpool breaking the £200k per week mark? I don't & that's what it'd take. Liverpool fans are dreaming if they think they can compete financially with Real/ Barca etc

Liverpool don't have to sell Suarez for any price. Apparently, and it's only a rumour doing the rounds, Rodgers has up to 30 million to spend for reinforcements in the January transfer window should he wish to - and that's without letting anybody else go. No matter what you say or try to insist, Suarez will not be leaving the club unless it's for a ridiculous amount of money.

Archived