onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wildes latest ticket offer v Northampton

1977Valiant

I think Mr Wildes got carried away after the Burton game and on Saturday with his Twitter comments. In the cold light of day he has had a rethink and come up with an offer that gives you £20 off something we don't yet know the price of and won't help swell the gate as he twittered was his intention . It may be a big game but for some £20 is a lot of money for 4th division football.

Advert

Whilst I don't actually think that prices should be lowered for the next game, I do wish Wildes hadn't stated that he was producing an offer that he hoped would create the biggest attendance of the season in League 2. I don't think that this offer will entice one single extra person through the gates.

We don't even know how much STs are for next year, so they can mask the £20 discount by making STs more expensive. They won't get 9000 now on Saturday. Sorry, but this is a huge anti-climax.

Agree in some ways. But the club are just marketing the offer in the wrong way if they aren't pushing the key message as something along the lines of "Northampton game is free, with your L1 season ticket"

I have to say I'm disappointed wit this offer . If as generally understood Wildes' intention of his offer was to "pack the park", I'm afraid he's got this wrong - and it's the first time he's done so which only goes to show he's human I guess. Even for regular attenders, the offer isn't very transparent because ST prices for next season haven't been disclosed. So taking £20 off an unknown price which in any event could be massaged slightly upwards from what they would otherwise have charged to compensate for this "reduction" is not clear at all. The offer certainly won't attract floating fans as £20 for League 2 football is way too much. For example, the standard of the matches against Aldershot and again at Rochdale on Saturday were terrible, and it wasn't just the pitches or the officials.

So, in summary, a less than transparent offer for the regulars many of whom would consider buying a season ticket anyway, but I'm afraid a promotion which will do nothing to "pack the park" which was the stated intention of the offer.

Quite simply, anyone with Vale at heart will find the money for our biggest day in 19 years.

As for this "it's a lot for Fourth Division football".....would you rather pay £20 to watch an end-of-season dead game in Division 3 ? Would that make anyone feel better?

Get theesen dine theer an stop mitherin'.

Just another point to those who ain't happy,Northampton should bring 2000+ fans with them which will mean a large police presence and incure a big cost plus the fact a pitch invasion will happen so more stewards will be needed and again at no small cost,Evan though we had a MASIVE gate against Burton I don't think we would av made much if any profit so turn up in numbers Saturday and enjoy .

Jimmy, we attracted the floaters for the Burton match and they saw the best/most exciting performance by a Vale team in donkeys years. If, after seeing that, they will still only come back for the biggest game at Vale Park for well over a decade when it's cheap, then they are not likely to be long-term customers anyway. If Saturday's offer can persuade 500 people to get a season ticket who wouldn't otherwise have considered it then it is far better financially in the long term.

Exactly!

Some people would want all games at a fiver to pack the park every game, and expect us to splash out on good players. That way we will end up back in admin. Luckily we have knowledgable businessmen in charge now.

Jimmy, we attracted the floaters for the Burton match and they saw the best/most exciting performance by a Vale team in donkeys years. If, after seeing that, they will still only come back for the biggest game at Vale Park for well over a decade when it's cheap, then they are not likely to be long-term customers anyway. If Saturday's offer can persuade 500 people to get a season ticket who wouldn't otherwise have considered it then it is far better financially in the long term.

Agreed. They just shouldn't bill it as 'pack the park' when this offer clearly won't smash the league 2 attendance record.

Good offer, great sentiments, just marketed totally wrong.

The club can't do every game at a discount, and especially not the games where a decent crowd will be expected anyway.

If they halved the price, they would need twice as many fans to turn up to make the figures add up. Otherwise, they're making a loss.

Cheap ticket prices are a good incentive as a one-off, and/or for unattractive fixtures. You can write it off every so often as a promotional exercise but it's financial suicide to do it on a regular basis.

Just reflecting a bit more on this... I think there's a difference between the aim of "packing the park" for an important game and maximising season ticket sales for next season. None of these offers make a difference to attendance patterns of diehards so all this stuff about if you cant turn up for this game misses the mark in my view.

I'm a season ticket(s) holder so any challenge to this offer is clearly counter to my financial output and based in trying to work out what the aim is.

I think I've come to the conclusion it probably will have a positive effect on season ticket sales for next season and that's probably the greater good. However, I suppose having expected something that would be aimed a breaking the record League Two attendance for this season and the offer isn't really aimed at doing that. My only criticism would be of stating that as the aim.

Some people are never satisfied we have the best owners this club has ever had we are having the best season for years,and still people on here are moaning about the price god help us.Get yourself up there saturday and cheer us on to promotion let us all make it a day for all vale fans not to forget just take your mind back of the days and years of being vale fans where there has been no hope.Hopefully that has all changed now a bright future is waiting for us with paul and smurf give them the backing that they really deserve and stop moaning about 20 pounds for gods sake if you want the vale succeed get up there.

Archived