onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wildes latest ticket offer v Northampton

1977Valiant

If Cobblers fail to win tomorrow that will seriously dent their following on Saturday as they then can't go up automatically. If that is the case, I'd be amazed at more than 500 coming. There's also no way now it can be a double party.

Advert

CANNOT believe this thread!!!! I have waited 18yrs for this day and tbh was astonished that any offer would be given at all...and the fact the owners have even considered giving back to the fans (at lets be honest a very lucrative period) is a great reflection on the way the club is being ran....and VERY few league club owners would be doing this (i.e. Gillingham for example)

All the people bemoaning the costs and how 'friends of friends' now wont go and they are disillusioned and let down with this poor offer are simply 1. not living in the real world and 2. IMHO not the people we want/deserve to be in there anyway-they would only be the type who stand groaning/moaning and getting on the lads back if we dont saunter to a 3-0 lead inside 10mins winging at the players/managment muting the atmosphere or even worse creating a negative one around teh ground -tbh we will still pull around 10k of passionate and real fans who will generate one hell of an atmoshpere and experience a day (hopefully) none of us will ever forget and will be describing to these 'friends of friends' who didnt go for the rest of our lives......am i going to be gutted with loosing 3-4k day trippers who dont think the biggest game (im my living history) is worth £20 NO...

As much as i would LOVE to sell vale out and have the prestige of biggest attendance in league 2 i would not want to do it at the financial detriment of the club by giving tickets away at daft/uncompetitive prices to people lets be honest would have NO intention of ever coming in the future until the next big cup game/give away match tickets prices or equivelant...vale is a buisiness not a charity

I will be there on Saturday and would be no matter what but still disappointed with this offer on the basis that it will not pack the park, 9k is about right in my opinion, unless Northampton have a decent following.

Its been an expensive month to be a vale fan with chesterfield, Rochdale and Wycombe away and burton Aldershot and now Northampton at home, with the tickets alone that is £110, if this was not the biggest game of the season (again) then I reckon we would have struggled to get 5k so maybe 9k would be a decent crowd.

If PW wants to break records then this is not the way to do it, my mum, a life long vale fan was coming to this one if the offer was a 10er, she is a pensioner and has been proper buzzing (as much as she can) about this game but at £20 (or whatever the concession is) she probably can't afford it now as bedroom tax has just come in on her house too!!..........real shame!

This game for me is all about creating an unforgettable moment...a once in decades experience. I wanted to see it full.

I would pay £100 to watch this game because it means so much but the likes of me shouldn't be the ones that are being targeted with an offer.

It should have all been about bums on seats and not people paying full price....I don't need any financial enticement as the promotion is enough for me as a regular. It's the non-regulars who probably have no intention of committing to an ST that needed to be there....if we don't get them through the turnstile to experience a magnificent day how can we convince them to want to come back permenantly?

The likes of me would have no problem playing that extra £20 though...I'm having an ST anyway regardless.

We should be targeting people that maybe wouldn't be considering an ST at this stage.....and what better way than for them to sample the atmosphere of a full Vale Park on promotion day. It would have been spine-tingling, electric!

Just reflecting a bit more on this... I think there's a difference between the aim of "packing the park" for an important game and maximising season ticket sales for next season. None of these offers make a difference to attendance patterns of diehards so all this stuff about if you cant turn up for this game misses the mark in my view.

I'm a season ticket(s) holder so any challenge to this offer is clearly counter to my financial output and based in trying to work out what the aim is.

I think I've come to the conclusion it probably will have a positive effect on season ticket sales for next season and that's probably the greater good. However, I suppose having expected something that would be aimed a breaking the record League Two attendance for this season and the offer isn't really aimed at doing that. My only criticism would be of stating that as the aim.

Thoroughly agree, as per my reply (page 6). A lot of posters seem to be missing the point here. I'm not saying Wildes SHOULD make an offer at all....that IS debateable....I just thing he's wrong to have badged this offer under the "pack the park" banner - the offer will do very little to entice floaters which would be needed to pack Vale Park. So it's doomed to failure. Even for regulars, a £20 "discount" off ST prices which are not known is a debateable marketing strategy.

Archived