onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wildes latest ticket offer v Northampton

1977Valiant

Advert

In fairness, they've said a lot of things but we've yet to see any confirmation, such as ST prices, ST offers, new family stand, U12s free, new kits, new shop, new website, new ticket office...............

I have hoped against hope that you could respond with something serious.:D;)

New toilets in the Bycars - tick

Summer pitch improvement ordered - tick

Ticket offers for some games - tick

Better communication - tick

Investment in the team - tick

All of that has been done already. Much of what you mention can't be done until the close season anyway. And bear in mind these lads have only been there for 6 months I don't think they're doing too badly.

True Jean and i applaud the New owners, but personally i think this is an opportunity missed to attract floater and people who would like to encourage their friends and Family member to attend AND to fill the Park.

Why is everyone moaning it was £20 for a Rochdale ticket nobody had a problem with that,if people cant pay £20 to watch Vale promoted they are not proper vale fans.

Thats the point though ! There will be proper Vale fans there....about 7500, this is not the way to pack the park !

Yes I appreciate things are on the up and my comments seem a little harsh, but none of the items you have listed will capitalise on the buzz around the club and the fans at the moment. If the STs for next year had been on sale after that Burton performance I'm certain we'd have attracted numerous floaters, if the new kits and merchandise had been on sale in the last few weeks we'd have bagged a fortune with all the buzz amongst fans, if you could buy tickets online the Burton gate would have been much higher. Once the season ends all this buzz will quickly subside as many folk concentrate their effort and funds on summer holidays and Vale will become less of a priority in terms of spending money. Whilst I completely applaud the efforts of the new owners, I can't help but feel they should be 'making hay while the sun shines'.

True Jean and i applaud the New owners, but personally i think this is an opportunity missed to attract floater and people who would like to encourage their friends and Family member to attend AND to fill the Park.

Jimmy, we attracted the floaters for the Burton match and they saw the best/most exciting performance by a Vale team in donkeys years. If, after seeing that, they will still only come back for the biggest game at Vale Park for well over a decade when it's cheap, then they are not likely to be long-term customers anyway. If Saturday's offer can persuade 500 people to get a season ticket who wouldn't otherwise have considered it then it is far better financially in the long term.

Why is everyone moaning it was £20 for a Rochdale ticket nobody had a problem with that,if people cant pay £20 to watch Vale promoted they are not proper vale fans.

I agree but this is an opportunity to encourage floaters...If we win and the ground is nearly full, the floaters might think i might give this place a go next season.

Yes I appreciate things are on the up and my comments seem a little harsh, but none of the items you have listed will capitalise on the buzz around the club and the fans at the moment. If the STs for next year had been on sale after that Burton performance I'm certain we'd have attracted numerous floaters, if the new kits and merchandise had been on sale in the last few weeks we'd have bagged a fortune with all the buzz amongst fans, if you could buy tickets online the Burton gate would have been much higher. Once the season ends all this buzz will quickly subside as many folk concentrate their effort and funds on summer holidays and Vale will become less of a priority in terms of spending money. Whilst I completely applaud the efforts of the new owners, I can't help but feel they should be 'making hay while the sun shines'.

You can currently buy tickets on the phone (which was always an issue with the previous lot) so I'm not sure how online ticketing would have increased the Burton crowd.

We had nearly 9,000 against Shrewsbury that time on the last home game of the season when we had a far slimmer chance of making the play-offs, never mind promotion.

And how many people managed to find £20 PLUS train/bus fare to Rochdale, PLUS beer money etc.

Sir Paul Wildes is clearly no mug. He knows the value of Saturday's match, and I bet he's quietly confident that our first chance of a promotion in 19 years will be enough to get plenty of people to cough up £20 (or less if you're young etc).

IF we are to go up (yes, if) then I feel it's much better to do it at home anyway - so those who couldn't/didn't get to Spotland can hopefully see it all happen at VP.

Archived