onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wildes latest ticket offer v Northampton

1977Valiant

I'm quite convinced some people want to go in for free.These guys have come up with 3 money saving offers over the last month and it's still not enough.Didn't we have a 'pack the park' earlier in the season?How many turned up? 5000?.Anybody who has 1 cl of Vale blood in them should be there on Saturday.I sympathise with those who can't afford but for those who can,come on guys '. Pack the ****ing Park.'

Advert

The majority of extra fans who turn up would be neutrals or stay always, these people will not be contemplating a ST for next season. As a consequence of this decision we will lose around 3000 of the gate on Saturday. It is not a good marketing ploy because die hards would buy an ST next season, but can now save £20.

But if we get a few hundred more to buy season tickets that is surely better in the long term than getting people in who won't come back anyway??

The majority of extra fans who turn up would be neutrals or stay always, these people will not be contemplating a ST for next season. As a consequence of this decision we will lose around 3000 of the gate on Saturday. It is not a good marketing ploy because die hards would buy an ST next season, but can now save £20.

This idea as stated previously is something that MOLD would have tried. And is not in keeping with our current owners. A very disappointing proposal, which will take the shine off Saturday.

Take the shine of Saturday, are you being serious....

The people that attend will be cheering the lads on the pitch to hopefully the first promotion for many a year. It wont take the shine off for me that's for sure.

Saturday's priority should be gaining promotion in a packed house - we may still get a massive gate (I pray we do) but this offer hasn't given us the best chance to.

I don't think £20 off is an incentive for someone who hasn't really considered getting an ST anyway. It's just a bonus for the likes of me...although I've always had a bit knocked off for renewal anyway.

This idea as stated previously is something that MOLD would have tried. And is not in keeping with our current owners. A very disappointing proposal, which will take the shine off Saturday.

Mold and Ideas?.Nope.

The Burton performance was the carrot to get more fans into the stadium. If newbies who paid £9 don't feel that it's worth paying £20 after that performance and atmosphere, to watch a potentially more important and dramatic match then they never will.

They definitely shouldn't have talked about getting over 13,500 in the ground though. The only way they'd achieve that crowd would be by handing out money at the turnstiles.

All I know is that I'll be saving my stub, and it's more than likely that they'll be an extra season ticket holder in our family come next season.

i purchased 2 half season tickets at christmas for me and the son, think maybe i have lost out with all the offers flying about, am i bothered ,not at all its been a great season and i have paid £20 at many away game . £20 on saturday is ok price for what should be a day to remember

although reducing the price would help bump up the attendance, it makes good business sense to keep price the same with an incentive of money off season ticket prices. its our last home game and undoubtedly the biggest game at VP in a very long time. If supporters do not come back for this game then they never will. The trouble is with many vale is there is always an excuse of why they are not going and afraid this will always be the case. Its our last home game this season so no excuse of too many games coming up..........lets back the team, Micky and the board and show them what we can do next season in league 1, when most games will be £20 on the day........

I stiill think there will be 12000 on . Its party time on a saturday at vale park . they'll bring double what burton bought . As for the offer , it neither here or there . without knowing next seasons ST price . what should of been said they'll be no increase in ST price . and heres the chance to get another £20 off . I dont think the board are 100% sure what there ticket strategy is know . Papa SMURF AFTER THE BURTON MATCH SAYS THiS attendance will give him food for thought . its a definate know £20 quid for walk ups is to much for families in this area . and £200 ST are unaffordable aswwell . Thats why the 0% finance offer is the key and if the £20 reduction is added bonus this can only be good . COME ON VALE NAIL THE COBBLERS BOOTS ??? my money is on vale to win and the game to have sending off in .

its a decision taken by a group of people with far more marketing experience than all of us.i don't think they'd have even been in a position to buy the club in the first place if they didn't know much about marketing. theres is clearly a decision taken for the longer term and not just for a one off,in-keeping with wildes interview on late kick off in which he came across as a total professional rather than an embarrassing chancer like we've been used to in the past.

if paying £20, for what is in effect a cup final , puts you off then i despair.

pack the place!!

Wildes, if he is looking at some of these posts must now know that the only way to satisfy some of the floaters is to let them in for free!! I am disgusted at a few posts on here, from mainly non season ticket holders or regulars who couldn't afford last time to buy a season ticket. The new owners are business men who have rescued a Club that was rapidly going into oblivion. They have done fantastic so far but from some gripes on here the owners may start to change their stratagey. Come on, it's the last home game of a season that we dared not dream about not so long ago. Shouldn't need incentives like cheap admission to watch them against The Cobblers. I do honestly agree with the sensible posters that Wildes may have got his thoughts across in the wrong way here since he was intending attempting to fill the park. The offer he's suggested probably will not do that but we will still get a very decent gate. Vale players know of the passion of the regulars and I do not think they will be let down if we cannot fill the stadium. They are professionals and want promotion just as much as us regulars. They will perform infront of 7 to 10,000 fans who are ardent about Vale just as much as they will infront of 13, to 15,000 fans containing floaters who may not have the same passion. The only debate really on this issue is that Wildes should not have stated his intention to fill the park as that obviously has meant to quite a a few floaters that they were going to get in for a cheap deal. My feeling is that we ought not to be pampering to those who only want to visit Vale Park 2 or 3 times a season, and even then only if it's cheap! Harsh, I know but I for one would rather have passionate Vale fans each week than allowing cheap deals to see gate figures go up to include hangers on and other such "wannabees." The floaters who came to the Burton game are mainly those that Wildes wanted to attract again, plus possibly even more. If they didn't get the kick at that game and wanted to come to see our final push to promotion only if it was cheap, then I have to state again I would not succumb to pampering them. I am Vale through and through and welcome any new fans but I want them here to support our Club on a long term basis. If they cannot see now what's happening with the new regime and we are about to be promoted, then sorry, for me I do not believe we should be offering £10 for such an important game in our history. Get those turnstiles moving, £20 will not kill you for the last match at Vale this season!!!!!

I have seen very few who are saying this is a poor offer and they won't be going the game, what they have said is the people who also came along with them for the Burton game ie mates from work, partners, extended family members etc are less likely to attend on the back of a offer which is redeemable on a season ticket for next year and as such we will not pack the park as stated by paul

not a problem at all but we must not be disappointed nor should he when the gate is totted up

I would probably pay 40 quid on Saturday but saying to those who came for tenner you have to now pay twenty will put many off

Archived