onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wildes latest ticket offer v Northampton

1977Valiant

Its probably as good an offer as they could have run really.

The possibility of seeing the team promoted should bring in all but the very, very fair weather. This is the biggest game at vale park for 20 years. Every vale fan who actually has a chance to be there surely will be?

There are probably loads of fans who bought tickets at full price for this in advance and also, we didnt reduce away prices for burton. I think that means we would have to do so for this one. Would we really want to give extra cobblers fans reason to pack out their end?

Advert

I will be there on Saturday and would be no matter what but still disappointed with this offer on the basis that it will not pack the park, 9k is about right in my opinion, unless Northampton have a decent following.

Its been an expensive month to be a vale fan with chesterfield, Rochdale and Wycombe away and burton Aldershot and now Northampton at home, with the tickets alone that is £110, if this was not the biggest game of the season (again) then I reckon we would have struggled to get 5k so maybe 9k would be a decent crowd.

If PW wants to break records then this is not the way to do it, my mum, a life long vale fan was coming to this one if the offer was a 10er, she is a pensioner and has been proper buzzing (as much as she can) about this game but at £20 (or whatever the concession is) she probably can't afford it now as bedroom tax has just come in on her house too!!..........real shame!

Any one tell me what price a concessions ticket is at vale, not really paid any attention before. Do you have to prove you are a pensioner so can see what we can sort out for me old dear.

The regular fans & a number of floaters will turn up because of the significance of the game anyway, but there's no incentive for any non Vale fans to turn up, family members, friends & supporters of other teams, Stoke, Crewe, Macclesfield etc, like there was against Burton. These extra people who turned up for the Burton game would have had no intention of buying a ST for next season, so to put on this offer to entice a big crowd or for the people who turned out for the Burton game to come back won't work? It may of worked if we had reduced the price to £15, or even full price with a 1 cup game next season reduced to £10 with the retention of the Northampton stub , but this offer won't pack the park, not in my opinion anyway.

Its probably as good an offer as they could have run really.

The possibility of seeing the team promoted should bring in all but the very, very fair weather. This is the biggest game at vale park for 20 years. Every vale fan who actually has a chance to be there surely will be?

There are probably loads of fans who bought tickets at full price for this in advance and also, we didnt reduce away prices for burton. I think that means we would have to do so for this one. Would we really want to give extra cobblers fans reason to pack out their end?

I agree, but having said that would be nice to see the away end full also give it a proper full house atmosphere!

Its a great offer.

The offer against Burton was specifically done to attract new customers. It was a success. The idea is that the new customers will come back again even at full price.

Its pointless if those new customers will only come back when theres an offer on. Beats the objective.

Get yourselves down VP and get a ST next year in these exciting times.

We will still crack 12k on Saturday in my opinion.

Absolutely bang on.

To put things into perspective, think of the likes of myself, NLVs, the lad coming from Australia, Peter who went Rochdale who came from Sweden, Vale fans across the country.

For us it means flights, trains, hotels, etc. Its not an cheap do.

Some just cant wait to have a yim and a moan again.

Its an offer that could and im sure will secure a few more STs next year. A long term plan.

Im buzzing for Saturday and so should everyone. 20 quid or 200 quid nothing would have stopped me from being in the paddock with my father on Saturday just as we were in 1989 when we last got promoted at home.

Im storing up my tears this week.

To put things into perspective, think of the likes of myself, NLVs, the lad coming from Australia, Peter who went Rochdale who came from Sweden, Vale fans across the country.

For us it means flights, trains, hotels, etc. Its not an cheap do.

Some just cant wait to have a yim and a moan again.

Its an offer that could and im sure will secure a few more STs next year. A long term plan.

Im buzzing for Saturday and so should everyone. 20 quid or 200 quid nothing would have stopped me from being in the paddock with my father on Saturday just as we were in 1989 when we last got promoted at home.

Im storing up my tears this week.

:clap: 'Onya Spunkers :yes:

The Burton offer was clearly a success but people who will ONLY come when the price is 9 quid are not too helpful to the club in the long term. They are very unlikely to buy a season ticket. Anybody who can (unless they have travel issues, work commitments, etc.) will be there on Saturday. Why would they not? If they are a regular fan who goes to the majority of games, they WILL be thinking "Shall I get a Season Ticket next year?". If they decide yes, they get their 20 quid back.

Presumably the same reduction will be offered to people renewing existing season tickets, i.e. they get 20 quid off (less for Seniors or more if they have a ticket for the Lorne Street, VPs or Directors' Box).

If you pretend the Burton offer never existed, it's a fair offer.

The fundamental flaw here, as is obvious by this very thread, is that Paul wildes tweeted, in the euphoria of friday without much thought, that there would be a deal at northampton.

Now, since this came off the back of a heavily reduced admission price that attracted the largest crowd for 15 years and saw an atmosphere that's been only a distant memory, you can't then blame fans for being deflated when the obvious expectation was something similar to the match off which the back this offer was borne.

He then goes on to state he wants to 'pack the park' and break the league 2 attendance record but this offer has little incentive to those that attended on friday purely down to the offer.

Had he said nothing to build up false expectation, this offer would no doubt be seen as pretty decent. However, Twitter has once again upset the applecart at vale.

A lesson to be learned here?!

Sadly, many fans are, as usual, missing the point in this thread. I don't think anyone's really moaning too much about the offer or the importance in attending a hopefully a promotion clinching match. It's just that if we're to progress we need more bums on seats. Those bemoaning the validity of 'true fans' - do you go to away games gloating at how many fans we've taken? yet you then goad those that don't have PVFC tattood across their face saying we don't need fans like you. you can't have it both ways.

We need to welcome all fans, be it new faces, old fans that have fallen by the wayside or whatever. If we want to see 10,000+ on a regular basis in a higher division, why the need for some of the hardcore 4000 to goad the other potential 6000 that one day may become a larger hardcore?

The fundamental flaw here, as is obvious by this very thread, is that Paul wildes tweeted, in the euphoria of friday without much thought, that there would be a deal at northampton.

Now, since this came off the back of a heavily reduced admission price that attracted the largest crowd for 15 years and saw an atmosphere that's been only a distant memory, you can't then blame fans for being deflated when the obvious expectation was something similar to the match off which the back this offer was borne.

He then goes on to state he wants to 'pack the park' and break the league 2 attendance record but this offer has little incentive to those that attended on friday purely down to the offer.

Had he said nothing to build up false expectation, this offer would no doubt be seen as pretty decent. However, Twitter has once again upset the applecart at vale.

A lesson to be learned here?!

Sadly, many fans are, as usual, missing the point in this thread. I don't think anyone's really moaning too much about the offer or the importance in attending a hopefully a promotion clinching match. It's just that if we're to progress we need more bums on seats. Those bemoaning the validity of 'true fans' - do you go to away games gloating at how many fans we've taken? yet you then goad those that don't have PVFC tattood across their face saying we don't need fans like you. you can't have it both ways.

We need to welcome all fans, be it new faces, old fans that have fallen by the wayside or whatever. If we want to see 10,000+ on a regular basis in a higher division, why the need for some of the hardcore 4000 to goad the other potential 6000 that one day may become a larger hardcore?

Have you spilt solder on your gonads?

Archived