onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wildes latest ticket offer v Northampton

1977Valiant

I would honestly go without food for a couple of days to get to a match where Vale are likely to be promoted if it were £50 entry or even £100. People are coming from across the country and across the world, so how can anyone quibbble over £10 or £20.

Please don't think money isnt an issue to me, I have no money to spare at all, have been off work long-term sick with no pay so it isnt a case of it not counting. I'd dearly love to go to this game, but have been told by my surgeon I must not drive for a little bit longer yet so sadly will not be able to get there.

But anyone who went to the Burton game will surely be tempted to come back - fairweather fan or regular, and hopefully Northampton will bring a few more than Burton.

It is a superb offer, good luck with it Vale. I'll see you in L1 next season, save a seat for me.

PACK THE PARK - If you don't go, you could be missing a great day in Vale's history !

Advert

Having thought about this offer I can't help but wonder if PW is on a winner here - you know, the savvy businessman etc., which, in hindsight, may yet be shown to be a masterstroke.

Anyway I'm doing my bit by offering 6 x £20 'Club Shop vouchers for the Northampton GTC, and oh what bliss it will be when MA & the 'Lads do the business on Saturday :D

from what people are saying about ticket sales already paul maybe right if so it will be a masterstroke no doubt a bit of good advertising and PR in the coming days and dare i say it "build the buzz" we could just do the impossible, i for one will be absolutley gobsmacked and overjoyed to see so many at the ground again

Well I've just made sure of the tickets, purchasing them from the ticket office over the phone. Pick them up when I arrive on Saturday.

Price has surprised me, £42 for 2 adults, a 5 year old and a 2 year old. Seems like the kids haven't been charged. Can't remember whether that was the case last season when we visited VP.

Anyhow, tickets secure, now just to get through the week without panicking too much, and of course to keep an eye on tomorrow evenings games.

I have a season ticket 4 me & my son

I was going 2 bring the wife

If I keep the stub 2 her ticket do I get the matchday price deducted from my season ticket renewal?

If we do then it can put another 3500 on the gate as if you bring a friend or relative & keep a stub you can then save 20 quid or so off your season ticket renewal.

This offer is a bit confusing & needs explaining a bit more clearly

Just been on Bradfords site and they are expecting 15k plus tomorow night and an interesting ticket offer for the last match against Burton they are offering 'BUY 2 TICKETS FOR £20' which would have been a good offer for us to adopt for the Northampton game as it would ensure a big gate

I have a season ticket 4 me & my son

I was going 2 bring the wife

If I keep the stub 2 her ticket do I get the matchday price deducted from my season ticket renewal?

If we do then it can put another 3500 on the gate as if you bring a friend or relative & keep a stub you can then save 20 quid or so off your season ticket renewal.

This offer is a bit confusing & needs explaining a bit more clearly

the following is quoted from the statement regarding th offer

"The offer is also open to existing Season Ticket Holders who save their match stub"

if you mean if you get a ticket for the wife will you get a further 20 quid off the price for your own season ticket next year i very much doubt it

I have mixed feelings about this offer... I cant now see there being as many as there was against Burton, unless Northampton suprise me with their turnout. One of the things not being contemplated by many is the profit margin on this one game. A crowd of 10,000 at full price is lucrative to say the least and certainly puts more money in the coffers for next seasons campaign, more than say 13- 14,000 at half price. It is also obviously focused on selling more season tickets but for me that will depend on the full price announced at a later date.

I think I lean towards those who wanted a bumper crowd at discounted prices but if the crowd announced on the night is over 12,000 I'll be happy in the thought of how useful the money made will be.

A nice idea, yes it's not as attractive as a straight price reduction/tenner on the gate to get in(or whatever) but I don't think you can expect that everytime. I think Wildes and Smurf are trying all sorts of different things, in a way it's customer research as well to see what works/what doesn't for future reference

TBH the situation of the game alone should be enough to get anyone who is a relatively committed Vale fan there imo. (And before anyone jumps on me if you're ill, live abroad or a long way off, genuinely can't afford or can't get the time off work then fair enough.)

As Vale fans we haven't seen much success certainly in terms of an actual achievement over the course of a season? I'm 26 and IF we do it it will only be my 2nd promotion actually physically watching Vale. How many are any of us likely to see in our lifetimes? 1 every 10 years maybe worse? That's not to say we won't have/haven't had successful seasons in between as looking back you could say the majority of seasons we spent in the Championship were a success just being there and obviously there are memorable games scattered about through your time as a fan that you remember.

But on Saturday we are on the verge of actually winning something! Get there if you can!

I can't help thinking what Billy Bell might have done. Probably charge £5 more and throw in a complimentary clapper or something. Then doctor the gate.

That's only slightly tongue in cheek as I can't remember there being any offers or inducements to watch Vale at home prior to Paul & Smurf (apart from the paid for away coaches; I'm talking about home games). You paid normal price and the value added was watching your team get promoted.

Just been on Bradfords site and they are expecting 15k plus tomorow night and an interesting ticket offer for the last match against Burton they are offering 'BUY 2 TICKETS FOR £20' which would have been a good offer for us to adopt for the Northampton game as it would ensure a big gate

Could you get into their last three home games for £39 though or would it have cost £60??

The things is, Wildes got everyone's hopes up by saying he will release an offer for this game because he wants the biggest crowd in league 2 this season. Then by doing this offer he has created a sort of anti-climax as this deal won't attract floating fans. If he had not mentioned anything and prices were kept the same I don't think people would be too bothered. But now people have the mind set of they paid 9 quid at Burton and expected to pay similiar this time, however they now have to pay full price so it instantly makes people think negatively.

Archived