onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wildes latest ticket offer v Northampton

1977Valiant

Advert

It has swayed me to get an ST next year, I was in 2 minds as I will miss some matches. It didn't cost anything to run the offer I agree but if people get used to offers 3-4 matches a year they will wait for them to come along and attend instead of paying for 2-3 at full price.

2 many money off offers hurts a brand. I know first hand the consequences of running to many money off deals to the general public.

It is probably economic to miss 6 games with a ST and also have a regular seat and first go for big match tickets. Calculators ready when the prices come out. But as you say too many offers hurt the brand, better to offer group or multi tickets.

i wouldnt have been bothered if the price had gone up

if you are a vale fan of any sort you'd do your best to be there

Exactly, Vale are not a charity, it will be the gloryhunting free-riders who have a moan and a whinge about this offer.

I have a season ticket and gutted that I cant go because I am at a friend's wedding but I would have paid double to get to this one!

It definitely wasn't a coincidence that the game when every single player played their socks off was the one game we reached 11k support and raised the roof off vale park. Surely we wanted the same atmosphere on Saturday to give the team every chance possible of the necessary win, so why the same offer isn't on the table i will never know. I think Fan numbers in league 1 will be the same regardless of Saturdays gate but pushing the team in numbers should have been a priority.

I think it is a poor offer with regard to maximising the attendance on Saturday. Floating fans need to be tempted to get out of their armchairs and part with their money in an instantaneous way. These floating fans will never buy a Season Ticket, so the deal is not going to sway them.

I already know 3 people that have decided against going on Saturday because the deal is not as cheap as the Burton game.

It's ok for people to moan on here that these floaters are not 'proper' fans, but we're only really after the extra revenue to help us now. Other ways need to be implemented to boost the long term fan base.

Exactly, Vale are not a charity, it will be the gloryhunting free-riders who have a moan and a whinge about this offer.

I have a season ticket and gutted that I cant go because I am at a friend's wedding but I would have paid double to get to this one!

I'm a season ticket holder and for me it's a bonus but I would have paid the extra £20 that I'll get back anyhow as most current holders probably would....I was really looking forward to an epic crowd though so will be disappointed if the full price gate will mean some people just won't bother. Any other game I would agree about the freeloading, glory type but this isn't any other game, it's 'THE' game.

i wouldnt have been bothered if the price had gone up

if you are a vale fan of any sort you'd do your best to be there

I'm sure that most Vale fans will do their best to be there on Satdee. But whether everyone can afford it with so much unemployment and so many low wage jobs, particularly if they have kids they want to bring, is debatable - which is why special offers are so attractive to so many people. Plus, if you have to come any distance it adds a lot of extra costs on the price.

The club is a business and our owners are doing a great job but even a small reduction would have been helpful to a lot of people.

I think it is a poor offer with regard to maximising the attendance on Saturday. Floating fans need to be tempted to get out of their armchairs and part with their money in an instantaneous way. These floating fans will never buy a Season Ticket, so the deal is not going to sway them.

I already know 3 people that have decided against going on Saturday because the deal is not as cheap as the Burton game.

It's ok for people to moan on here that these floaters are not 'proper' fans, but we're only really after the extra revenue to help us now. Other ways need to be implemented to boost the long term fan base.

Are you sure we would have achieved "the extra revenue" had we charged the same as Burton match? I am convinced we will get a BIG crowd Saturday, with or without the "floaters" so we will make as much, indeed probably more than had we resorted to the "floaters" whim.

To me I wouldnt class them as a football fan

Its the clubs biggest game in 20 years, they may get the chance to see a team promoted when only 10 teams get promoted every season across the entire football league and they have been put off as its £20 instead of £10 ? If it was me I'd skip a pie at half time, only have 3 pints instead of 4 and walk home instead of get a taxi and thats the extra tenner saved

Last game of the season, a chance to cheer the lads onto promotion. If people wont pay £20 for this then they never will, therefore floating fans like this IMO do not deserve to get cheap entry. Burton + Northampton = £29 that's £14.50 per game and get a ST with a £20 discount, so that's £4.50 per game paid for Burton + Northampton

Not sure the owners can do anymore, unless people want paying to attend...

To me I wouldnt class them as a football fan

Its the clubs biggest game in 20 years, they may get the chance to see a team promoted when only 10 teams get promoted every season across the entire football league and they have been put off as its £20 instead of £10 ? If it was me I'd skip a pie at half time, only have 3 pints instead of 4 and walk home instead of get a taxi and thats the extra tenner saved

Exactly. good on yer. Cannot see what all the moaning about £10 is for!! This is Vale's biggest day in most people's history. If they are griping about £10 then God help us!!!

We need to maximise income from this final match and attempt to increase season ticket sales to generate money for an improved playing staff for next season (whatever division we are in). In my opinion this deal achieves both. Match day prices will not be £10 next season so those persons not prepared to pay more to watch this most important of matches will not be there next season anyway.

Archived