onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wildes latest ticket offer v Northampton

1977Valiant

This offer is disappointing for 2 reasons- the biggest one being that ST prices have not even been announced yet so '£20 off the price of x' is insulting our intelligence a little as we all know that the owners will simply bump up the prices a bit.

The problem though isn't the money as most Vale fans will pay £20 quite happily to see their team promoted. It all leads to the second point which is that the offer was over-hyped as a 'record breaker' and there is not a chance that more than 8000 fans will be there on Saturday.

Advert

My comment that £20 shouldn't stop you from going if you are a genuine fan was aimed at those with a disposable income to spend.

If you do have money to spend then I would have hoped that if you are a genuine Vale fan you would want to put seeing the club hopefully win promotion at the top of your disposable income spends.

No offence was intended to Vale fans who currently don't have a disposable income.

Well we got well over 8,000 to see us try and scrape into the play-offs under V2001 (no hope time) so i would expect considerably more now that a win would see us getting guaranteed automatic promotion with owners who have given us plenty of hope for the future.

Its also great that a few months ago we were worrying about getting to the 5,000 break even figure and now we have posters expressing disappointment at a potential 8,000 gate.

My comment that £20 shouldn't stop you from going if you are a genuine fan was aimed at those with a disposable income to spend.

If you do have money to spend then I would have hoped that if you are a genuine Vale fan you would want to put seeing the club hopefully win promotion at the top of your disposable income spends.

No offence was intended to Vale fans who currently don't have a disposable income.

Very true, also there are fans who may not be there due to illness, work or family ties etc. I think all of them are logical reasons.

My wife paid £344 for her Stoke season ticket. £344 for 19 Premier League games sounded a bargain. £344 for 23 Championship games- not so sure.

Football at all levels is expensive.

My 2 closest teams:

AFC Telford, just relegated to Conference North:

Early Bird Prices (Purchase before 17.5.2013) : Adult £210; Concession £150; Family £468; 16-19 Year Old £75.00; Under 16 £32.00; Under 8 Free

£13 for matchday.

£10 to watch Stafford Rangers.

Just been to get my tickets for Saturday. Not really bothered about them not being reduced & I won't be having a season tickets. It's my first game of the season so I'm just happy to be there.

Whats made you change your minds thought you weren't setting foot in the ground until a certain player leaves?

Its sad but some wont come, end of. I thought 15 and take it or leave it, but pound notes count. I was going to treat the mrs and daughter but no chance now I am afraid. They wouldnt come again in years so get no benefit other than seeing the Vale go up and costing me loads in the pub too.

Archived