onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wildes latest ticket offer v Northampton

1977Valiant

.... true supporters will be there, lets get behind our new owners who are doing a fantastic job!

the logic of what you say is indisputable. indeed, after what has happend over the last 10 years , most "true" supporters would not miss saturdays games if they doubled the price.

the way i see however is that, the owners need to be looking beyond "true" supporters and towards new supporters in order to increase the fan base for next year.

personally i dont see how this offer will do it although i hope i am wrong. buying a season ticket is a big outlay and i dont see how anyone is going to be tempted by saving £20 off an unknown quantity.

the simplest way of packing them in for this game would be to reduce the prices. if they really did want to do something to tempt people back next season, i think it would have been better to perhaps offer £3 -4 entry discount on each of games 1 - 5 to anyone presenting a northampton ticket when buying tickets at the ticket office.

i agree that the owners are doing a fantatstic job but i dont think that this particular offer is one of their better ideas to date.

Advert

I dont think hard core fans will be put off, it was the wording of the promotion that they were trying to get the biggest gate in league 2 this season. This made the floating fans think that an offer like Burton was on the cards, and i think some will be put off.

Personally i will be there with my daughters as usual and would pay more to watch the mighty white hopefully clinch promotion.

Seems that, as I thought, there will still be a bumper crowd on Saturday, irrespective of how many "floaters" actually cough up the readies. Ground will be buzzing with Valiants who want to see their mighty side secure promotion. There will be no negative vibes from any "one-day" or "only will come if it's cheap" individuals to spoil the party mood and thus Wildes will have been proved, yet again, spot on with his vision and forethought for the day. Anyone with a flicker of passion for Vale ought to bust a gut to get to Vale Park Saturday as this is our biggest day in many, many years. Ardent Valiants I know would pay a vast amount of money to watch this last game so all we need is for those "I love to see Vale do well and I always look for their result" future regulars to back that up and show their support for the lads.

I know it will put some off BUT this could be the day we see OUR club promoted for the first time in nearly TWENTY years(many have never seen us get promoted),so come on lets stop the moaning at paying NORMAL price after all the discounted games and get on up there to cheer them onnnnnnnnnnn.

how about 10,000 @ £20 because that is what this gate will exceed! Don't ever undersell a product if its worth it!

Agree mate,those who think we will get a sub 10,000 gate are gonner be in for a big surprise :) , the weather forecast is looking football perfect so that's gonner put on a few undecideds,when folk see Burslem buzzing they are going to want to be part of it

Archived