onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wildes latest ticket offer v Northampton

1977Valiant

Advert

As soon as I saw the offers I knew there would be negative posts. £20 off a season ticket is basically almost two free games on a season ticket. I do agree though, only because I know Vale fans all too well, that we will not break the League 2 record. To do that we'd have had to repeat the Burton offer, which would have got us over the line with the pull of promotion and the extra Cobblers fans.

Great incentive though Mr Wildes. Has anyone considered that the idea of beating the L2 attendance record is masking his real aim? That being to cash in on the promotion push by getting fans tied in for next season.

Sorry for being negative. Can't see Vale Park crowd being over 8K. People who dont buy ST's will not go as they have to pay full price. If it had been reduced to £12-£15 could see the waivering fans going.

Cracking idea by PW and Smurf tho.

I really doubt Sir Wildes will be too bothered about a few comments on a message board. With this business interests and success, i'm sure he's come across far bigger challenges than that.

Sir Wildes to lead us out of the Wilderness.

I am probably what you call a 'floater' supporter but as an exile ill be travelling up from Birmingham like I have been this season to watch this match. I would be going regardless of whether the price was £5, £9 or full price. Its about the final push at the end of the day and to show the players in our last home game how proud we are of their achievements. Hopefully at full time we will be promoted and can celebrate in the pubs around the Mothertown.

I for one will be there, I will not be buying a season ticket next season as due to work commitments and financial constraints I can only attend a handful of games each season (although I would consider buying a block ticket for 6 games if that is an option) if the price had been reduced for the Northampton game it would just be a bonus, it is our last home game of what has been a fantastic season, and a realistic chance that come 17:00 on Saturday afternoon we will be promoted....in the 40 years that I have been following the Vale I have only actually witnessed us gaining promotion once and that was away at Stockport County in 82-83 (I think!) and there is a whole generation of fans who have only ever known the decline of our club; that in itself should be enough for Vale fans to make every effort to attend next Saturday.... :yes:

Its good only if you purchase a season ticket next year I can't see this being the carrot to tempt a real big gate

That's what i first thought but maybe we are wrong as a mate of mine has just txt me to say he has been up the ticket office and there was a small queue but they said it had been like that al day and it was as busy as it was for the Burton offer,apparently there weren't many left for Lorne Street and Bycars was selling fast.

Had it not been advertised as a "Pack the Park" offer then I doubt a single person would have moaned as its an excellent deal.

However, it was advertised as a deal that would break League Two attendance records for this season. This deal won't do that, no chance. That is where the criticism lies with this deal. It's not the deal itself, it's what it was marketed as.

All the last three home games have had discounted ticket offers - Chelts and Aldershot two for thirty quid and Burton for £9. We now have the biggest game at Vale Park since adam was a lad and folk are moaning that it isn't cheap as well????? In most areas if entertainment, they would have increased the prices for is game, not reduced them!!!

Spot on imo Jean,lets rock the joint

That's what i first thought but maybe we are wrong as a mate of mine has just txt me to say he has been up the ticket office and there was a small queue but they said it had been like that al day and it was as busy as it was for the Burton offer,apparently there weren't many left for Lorne Street and Bycars was selling fast.

I f thats the case mate I will be over the moon no doubt

If we get over the 10k home support for this game as we did for Burton we really are going places and paul really is a genius

Just for the record I think the wild one and smurfy are the best people we could have ever imagined to take over the club

Good comment. PW would have been better advised to leave the prices as normal. Instead of hyping up something that was not to be. This will not pack the park.

Incidentally i to beleive that the new owners are the best thing since sliced bread, but i will say so if i think they are doing something wrong.vtŵQUOTE=Twitters;1912885]Had it not been advertised as a "Pack the Park" offer then I doubt a single person would have moaned as its an excellent deal.

However, it was advertised as a deal that would break League Two attendance records for this season. This deal won't do that, no chance. That is where the criticism lies with this deal. It's not the deal itself, it's what it was marketed as.

Archived