onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Clayton out on loan

Mr Carter

Advert

Setting a dangerous president particularly with team spirit, bombing out several players instrumental in achieving the current league position.

And replacing with what could quite conceivably be described as aging has beens.

Lets hope it doesn't rebound...

You'd rather McDonald than purse? Being in a position to loan players out is a good one to be in.

Setting a dangerous president particularly with team spirit, bombing out several players instrumental in achieving the current league position.

And replacing with what could quite conceivably be described as aging has beens.

Several players? Who are these players? (in the plural sense)

Crawl back under your rock!

Why for loaning of weakest centre half out? All teams loan out or release there weak players. I don't understand your point he's been replaced one of the best and most experience defenders in the league.... McDonald certainly wasnt instrumental in ou league position either, it's been our wingers, pope and Neal.

Ageing has beens? Maybe but in terms of experience, ability to read the game and leadership skills give me Purse and Hughes anytime. Far better than getting young untried players in on loan like we've tended to do on the past. Now we have a nice balance of youth and experience in all areas of the pitch. Who was it who said ' you win nothing with kids'.

Purse a 'has been'?!!! He oozed quality at Gillingham and will be a key player in the push for promotion.

The other defender brought in is Dan Jones who is 26, difficult to see how anyone can describe him as 'has been'.

What I see happening is planning for the future. Such professionalism is a breathe of fresh air at Vale Park.

All the best Clayton I think you are a bit unfortunate.

He's gone on loan not the end of the world,there's more important things going on in the world.John Walters will recover from is 2 o.g.trauma bull**** he scored for the opposition not got a serious illness.Fed up of hearing these footballers being hard done too.

Good luck to McDonald, he did a good job for us helping us to get where we are and will be a real asset for Rovers.

Unfortunately for him he was down the pecking order now, so wouldn't be surprised if he ask to go out on loan. He did a decent job for us, one thing I do think we'll miss about him is his distribution - far better than any of the other defenders we have.

That said, I'd be happy to play two experienced players (Purse/Boom) and let them play simple passes to the wings.

Makes sense given signings of Chilvers and Purse. With Davis and Boom in the mix, and Duffy able to cover if needed then McDonald looked to be struggling for games.

Performance wise he has been average IMHO. Couple of very good performances but one or so horror shows, Fleetwood at home being a prime example.

Could say the same about Chilvers, especially the horror show at home to Fleetwood.

I suppose there could be a bit of a parallel to the way that Sproson and Hazell, who were great servants to the club and stalwarts of the side that got us out of the third tier, but were both on their way out not long before we got promoted in 89.

ST agree with that. I didn't rate him last year but he had a lot on his mind off the field.

Thought he did really well for us this season - OK one or two mistakes along the way but to see people posting an average player in an average defence is daft - if we had an average defence we would be half way in the goals conceded list when in fact we are what? 4th best.

I assume Goal Drought pseudonym is because you believe in the antithesis of the truth? seeing we are the league's highest scorers so I assume your description of the new signings is that you actually believe they are world beaters?

Archived