onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sam Morsy

Jacko51

Foley's was bad but a really bad one was Gareth Ainsworth's on Dane Whitehouse that ended the lad's career. He's a legend though is Gareth so that's OK. ;)

I didn`t think Ainsworths was bad, they both went in determined for the ball and their lad got there first, it could easily have been the other way round. These things happen in football, but the tackles like Morsys need cutting out to cut down the risk.

Advert

Sam Morsy will go onwards & upwards, what ever Adams says, to another possibly higher league club and may get the opportunity he deserves to represent Egypt. I'm sure if that happens he'll go with the appreciative support of many Vale fans. He apologised for the Kennedy tackle and sending off, time to move on.

I didn`t think Ainsworths was bad, they both went in determined for the ball and their lad got there first, it could easily have been the other way round. These things happen in football, but the tackles like Morsys need cutting out to cut down the risk.

Ainsworth went over the top. He was nowhere near the ball. Nasty challenge and very nasty outcome.

Dave

I can't deny that the challenge was a bad one and he was rightly punished by the FL and the Club but ruddy hell, this thread is like the Salem Witch Trials.

IMO this is all down to MA's attitude towards him (now?) and let's not forget that Morsy was a key player in those magical first 10 games.

I rate him highly and would be very disappointed to see him leave but given the BS on here, perhaps best that he does.

Good post.

Can't remember Sir Alex taking any action against Roy Keane for his tackle on Alf-Inge Haaland,which was much worse.

Comes down to the manager at the end of the day I suppose and what he wants from his players.

Anyone care to check Griff's and Andy Porter's disciplinary records?

I can't believe some of the hypocritical ***** being posted about "bad boy" Morsy.

Porter was only ever sent off once (in 400+games) and he was sent off with an opposition player (Coughlin?) , claiming afterwards he had been conned into it by an experienced pro. Not quite as good as Spro's but a good record all the same showing admirable control and mental strength.

I think the problem is really that although he may or may not be a better player than some of the alternatives, there is a big chance that he will get sent off for a rash challenge based on his recent form. No use being a better player if he is off the pitch and the team are down to ten men.

That's my reading of the situation. Adams may prefer to keep Sam out for the short term as it's highly likely he will get booked frequently or indeed sent off again, the way he plays. At this moment in time we need all players on the pitch so Adams must see it that Sam is a liabilty not worth taking.....until we have the required numbers of players able to slot in if he does something stupid again.

best to let him go in jan there are far better players out there that are able to stay onthe pitch for a whole 90 mins....

Morsy is 21 has played 59 games for Vale and has been sent off once...and can be described as having the qualities of "the complete midfielder" and will only get better and can't be far away from full International honours.

Morsy is a good young player full of potential and as a youth team graduate homegrown talent such that, you would think, the Vale fans would be proud that the club have produced another potential International following on from the likes of Birchall and Lawrie.

I wouldn't want him to loose his aggressiveness just curb it a little as he would loose some quality's that make him the good player he is. I was told that he has been sent home from training before for going in to rough. Don't know how true this is but its a side of his game he needs working on, i hope he gets a chance to play tonight and redeem himself.

Archived