onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sam Morsy

Jacko51

We have two midfield places available and ...

Burge, James, Schuker, Mcallister, Mr Wimp, Loft (not to mention Taylor & Lloyd) vying for them - who needs a egotistical, unreliable and unapologetic (until a week or more after the event) spoilt brat? - and I'm a Morsy fan when he acts and plays like a professional.

2 things Sam isn't is egotistical (one of the most modest young men I've ever met), or spoilt (he's had an incredibly tough early life). My guess is he'll leave, although Adams wouldn't let him go to Shrewsbury last January even though he wasn't even on the bench. I think it probably is personal, although I don't know why. It's a shame as Sam is desperate to be successful and does an extra 2 hours training most days.

Advert

Burge, James, Schuker, Mcallister, Mr Wimp, Loft (not to mention Taylor & Lloyd) vying for them - who needs a egotistical, unreliable and unapologetic (until a week or more after the event) spoilt brat? - and I'm a Morsy fan when he acts and plays like a professional.

Utter bull**** of the highest order, you know nothing about Sam Morsy.

The witchhunt against him both on here and by the coaching staff has been out of order and the fact that this is still ongoing highlights this.

He's a very young player, he made a mistake, a costly mistake he will learn from it and go onto be a better player because of it. As far as I'm concerned it happened, I'm sure he got a ticking off from Adams and then that is the end of the matter not to have Sam in the 18 matchday squad with no reason for it is as obvious a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face as you can get.

That being said neither should he come straight back into the side because Burge and James have been very impressive.

The manner in which Adams has dealt with this situation gives me grave concerns for his man management skills.The way in which he vilified Morsy in public by branding him a coward was outrageous.He would not have treated any other player in this way which makes me think that it is personal. Adams has gone down in my estimation both as a man and a manager.

Adams man-management skills surely shouldn't be questioned. This is an area where Adams excels.

It was a leg breaking stupid tackle too, not a pull on a shirt. His left foot was following through a foot off the floor.

"Teaching him a lesson" is what you do with naughty children, not professional footballers. With footballers you manage the situation rather differently I would hope.

So trying to discourage a rash, rather dangerous side to a players game is doing the wrong thing?

Morsy had a warning vs Oxford and clearly didn't heed it.

MA has more decent players at his disposal now and probably learned a lesson himself after the Gary Roberts affair.

Morsy had been sailing close to the wind for a while and had failed to change his ways.

First there was the quickfire 5 bookings. He then had a close escape against Oxford and then another close escape when booked at Northampton and immediately hauled off.

He probably had a final warning at that point then proceeded to make that outrageous challenge on the half way line with the team 2 0 up and comfortable.

We then played York with a patched up midfield whilst he served his suspension.

I believe that without the harsh lesson dished out by MA Sam would have learned nothing and everyone would have been left treading on eggshells.

The only gripe I have is calling the lad a coward was, in my opinion, wide of the mark.

Sam will return and have a fruitful career providing he has learned his lesson and can keep the aggression but lose the petulant side.

MA has proved that his man management skills are sublime during the period of administration.

I trust that he will get the right response from young Sam Jackson (sorry Morsy) and the team will benefit as a result.

I good post! I do think he called morsy a coward as the challenge was extremely dangerous and the only thing it was intended to do was hurt someone.

That's nonsense Dave.

Please clarify what acting like a professional is.

If I was MA I would be more interested in focussing Morsy's attitude especially given that the manager has wiped the backside of at least one other who had problems off the pitch.

Give the the guy a break.

Nonsense

Morsy went in the tackle to hurt the Rochdale player, that subsequently lost us 2 points.

This isn't the first time either he's been sent off for violent conduct, Notts Forest reserve game last season! He was punished fo that aswell but he obviously still not learnt from it!!

Apporling! Tougher punishment was necessary

He's a bad role model for the younger generation!

Bad role model? Because of one challenge? Rubbish.

Everyone makes bad tackles, McCombe made one the other week! He didn't lose us 2 points either, at home we should be easily capable to hold on to a 2-0 lead! Did McCombe lose us 3 points at Northampton? I'm sorry but what you have written is absolute drivel... (And it's appalling.....)

Is Morsy actually fit?

Also, did my ageing ayes deceive me or wasn't he actually on the pitch during the warm-up for Saturday's game, doing lots of stretches and smiling?

Sam was also warming up on the pitch at Aldershot,not much coming out of the club about his lack of fitness so I suspect Micky is putting his foot down and showing who's boss.

is any of this thread based on anything? nope.

I suppose everyone commenting knows as a fact that morsy is 100% fit and on great form in training and would be a better bet than James/burge right now.

if he was back in the team, there'd undoubtedly be a 'why is burge/James not still in the team? he's played well and didnt deserve to get dropped, why the special treatment for morsy?'

Archived