onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sam Morsy

Jacko51

Taking the manner in which Morsy lost his place out of the equation, I think it would be harsh to drop either Burge or James and Loft would be next in line for me. If Yates goes off the boil and we need Loft for left back, Morsy is one injury or a suspension (to another player) away from getting back in the first team which is about right.

Advert

One pleasing aspect of the whole scenario is the emergence of Kingsley James.

Agreed. He looks to be a very good prospect. He made a few mistakes yesterday but was solid throughout.

Morsy will play Tuesday I imagine. Him and Loft will probably be the midfield pairing. Don't know who Adams will pick Saturday though... We have some very good competition in the centre of midfield!

I agree.

Morsy should have walked straight back into the team.

I disagree he shouldn't of walked straight back in the team.

Kingsley James has seized his chance and played well enough to keep his place and Ryan Burge too has been playing really well.

He will just have to keep working hard and when his chance comes he has to grab it.

Morsy is not good denough to simply walk back into the team. Burge and James were fantastic first half against Blades and although we ran out of steam as a team we still had Captain Marvel- Lofty on the bench who could/should have come on to steady things down. Must be that Sam has done other things, behind the scenes that we are not aware of to be apparently in Adamas' bad books. But get over it if he leaves in January you can bet your bottom dollar he will be replaced with a better midfield general, which is what we need to prevent us simply trying to hold onto leads when we are on top as an attacking force.

We don`t know what has been happening in the background all season, and Adams may have tried all ways to make Morsy understand that silly tackles are getting us nowhere. Having brought him straight back in after his one match ban, he then goes and gets himself a red card for a stupid dangerous tackle, so Adams may be justified in leaving him out and castigating him publically to make him change his ways. I hope it is for these reasons and not just Micky stubbornly picking his favourites over better players, like we saw when he kept picking the likes of Fraser and Guy etc. We can`t afford to waste a talent such as Morsy`s as he has the potential to be our best midfielder since the days of the likes of Ray Walker etc., but he does need to learn how to tackle without getting bookings or red cards.

I think a few posters have misunderstand my OP. I'm not suggesting in any way that Morsy should have "walked back into the team". I'm simply finding it hard to understand why he has been totally excluded from the squad.

Kingsley James came on as sub at Southend last season and was one of the few players to emerge from that game with credit. Micky didn't think he was good enough to start again last season. He came on at Northampton at the beginning of October and had an excellent second half. Micky didn't think he was good enough to start again until he was the only remaining player with a pulse when we were down to the bare bones through injury. Now it seems he's better than Morsy, Shuker and Loft who were all on the bench or not in the squad yesterday. It all seems bizarre to me.

Archived