onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

iBoom Boom - was it a red?

sapperclarke

What Jean and Santa said.

I would be interested to see our penalty claim in the first half. For my seat the lad looked last man and it looked stonewall. That decision was arguably more pivotal to the game as it would have levelled the numbers and given us a chance to halve the deficit right before the HT whistle.

All ifs, buts and maybes though.

Advert

What Jean and Santa said.

I would be interested to see our penalty claim in the first half. For my seat the lad looked last man and it looked stonewall. That decision was arguably more pivotal to the game as it would have levelled the numbers and given us a chance to halve the deficit right before the HT whistle.

All ifs, buts and maybes though.

Gerard was right next to the incident and texted to say it was an absolutely stonewall penalty. Their local radio guys agreed with him and couldn't understand how the ref hadn't given it.

A horrendous injury but a complete accident.

What would have been be the reaction if Tomlinsons (even later)challenge on Williamson last Tuesday had caused a similar injury?

Tommo didn't even challenge Willow. He simply spread himself to make the shot more difficult and Willow vaulted over him to avoid any collision so yes any injury would have been purely accidental and I'd have had no axe to grind with Tommo in that situation.

Gerard was right next to the incident and texted to say it was an absolutely stonewall penalty. Their local radio guys agreed with him and couldn't understand how the ref hadn't given it.

If it helps the debate. Pretty conclusive I'd say.

If McCombe had made exactly the same challenge with exactly the same force but had got there a split second earlier and touched the ball, would he have been deemed to have endangered the safety of an opponent and sent off? If he had got there first by a split second and the Northampton lad, arriving with the same force, had broken McCombes leg would he have been sent off?

I'll say it again. McCombe's challenge wasn't high, it wasn't two footed, there are challenges like that every week that produce a free kick rather than anything else. What happened was unfortunate in the extreme. The ref responded to what he saw on the pitch rather than in the tackle and red carded McCombe. That reaction is understandable in view of what happened. I wouldn't appeal the red card because it would look crass to do so in the circumstances. I just think those who are demonising McCombe over this are wrong. He made an attempt to prevent a goal. If he'd stood aside and let the lad shoot in unchallenged I might have had more to say to him.

The two footed thing is irrelevant. The laws clearly say one or two footed.

Look at the picture link I posted mccombes boot is halfway up the lads broken shin. If that ain't a red I don't know what is!!!!

half way up his leg? his foot is one inch off the floor. Are you one of those who goes for high foot when the player fouled is 5foot tall?

The two footed thing is irrelevant. The laws clearly say one or two footed.

I am fully aware of that Twitters but it is more likely that you will be out of control of a challenge if both feet are off the ground rather than one so a two footed challenge is almost dangerous by definition - although the Dag and Red ref didn't agree when their bloke lunged two-footed at Neal's head!

Is that the only part of my post which was irrelevant by the way??

Archived